Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
*sigh*

Disney owns all original Kingdom Hearts characters (that includes Sora). Disney in fact owns the complete series, Square Enix is producing it for them though. It's however not at all impossible for Sora or any other character to appear in a Final Fantasy game, like with Sora in World of Final Fantasy...

sora.jpg

Square Enix has to buy the licence from Disney though.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
*sigh*

Disney owns all original Kingdom Hearts characters (that includes Sora). Disney in fact owns the complete series, Square Enix is producing it for them though. It's however not at all impossible for Sora or any other character to appear in a Final Fantasy game, like with Sora in World of Final Fantasy...

sora.jpg

Square Enix has to buy the licence from Disney though.

Again, all development commands has been done by Square Enix themselves for Sora. They don't have to ask Disney for anything regarding Sora because they don't have to. Disney does not purely own a staple character by the development team of Square. The logo of Disney is merely the representation and era on where the character started as well as proof of where he represented.

KH is cool but I'm ok with them not appearing in FF.

It's not entirely impossible though. Dissidia is purely FF but it's merely the importance of investments and attraction, personally he would do well for crowd control but I don't see it as very important to add him, it's up to Square if they want guest characters.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Sephiroth is alright, but he's not an awful villain though.
Sephiroth was never a true villain to begin with. A superhero descended into madness in his last moments because he discovered the horrors of the truth behind his birth, sure, but he's certainly no Hojo.

He technically died before the events of FF7, and the so-called "Sephiroth" that was present in the events of FF7 were imitation husks created from Jenova cells systematically designed to summon others injected with them to collaborate at a focal negative point on the planet. Hence why there were so many men in black capes. In reality, the gang was fighting Jenova all along.

If I had to put my own opinion on the matter, they could improve on him with his personality but I doubt that'll happen.
He's basically Flashpoint Superman if the government found a way to weaponize him at childhood. You can only do so much...

In FF7 Remake, I hope they retcon the events of the end of Disc 2 and have it so that Hojo escapes from the Sister Ray serving as the final boss later on, while Cloud battles the ultimate Sephiroth clone solo. It's probably wishful thinking, but Hojo deserves better as an antagonist.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Sephiroth was never a true villain to begin with. A superhero descended into madness in his last moments because he discovered the horrors of the truth behind his birth, sure, but he's certainly no Hojo.

He technically died before the events of FF7, and the so-called "Sephiroth" that was present in the events of FF7 were imitation husks created from Jenova cells systematically designed to summon others injected with them to collaborate at a focal negative point on the planet. Hence why there were so many men in black capes. In reality, the gang was fighting Jenova all along.

He's basically Flashpoint Superman if the government found a way to weaponize him at childhood. You can only do so much...

In FF7 Remake, I hope they retcon the events of the end of Disc 2 and have it so that Hojo escapes from the Sister Ray serving as the final boss later on, while Cloud battles the ultimate Sephiroth clone solo. It's probably wishful thinking, but Hojo deserves better as an antagonist.

Hojo was definitely a villain and one of the main reasons why things flew out the window quick, but going into madness and not committing to change does make a villain in the end as well. It's impossible to feel any sympathy for Sephiroth at this point unless there was some type of trait within him that can make him change, which is doubtful to say the least. I mean if you set a plan in motion to drop a meteor on the planet, that's already a villain. Look at Safer-Sephiroth. He's going to blow up planets just to kill 3 party members.

Superman > Sephiroth though.

Last edited:

Hayabusiness

I can't feel symphathy for Sephiroth after he has done all he did. The Nibelheim reactor scenes speak for themselves and so does Cloud.

He is not the sole villain and he is more pure in ideals than Shinra and Hojo, but even if he is a victim, nothing excuses his actions after snapping.

Xernuht

It reminds me of the Sanctuary Keeper from FFX.

If it is... dodging its Photon Wings attack's going to be epic.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I thought the Cindy car skin was Japan only?

The online rerailer I use has Blazefire Sabre, Gourmand set and Masamune, plus, whatever the day 1 edition has.

That'll be interesting, hope we see cool costume DLC later down the road like everyone's original Versus XIII costumes or past FF character costumes.

Noctis would look pretty good dressed as Squall not gonna lie

Jadeinchains

God lol 16! This is why I don't like there being dozens of preorder exclusives.

Hopefully its good though and I'm hoping for good dlc down the road. Costume dlc and new missions etc.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I hope we are able to buy all of this stuff separately as DLC in the near future. I really want some of that stuff (like Noctis' suit and that metallic chocobo car skin) but I chose to preorder at my local game shop, which offers no preorder bonuses, because I usually get games a few days before official release. I really can't wait any longer, lol. I waited for 10 years. XD

Jadeinchains

Lol I wouldn't think about FFXVI for a while! XD They better not annouce it until its almost done instead of what they usually do announcing games years before they come out.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Edit:
OMG, why did no one tell me that I posted this in the wrong thread? XD This was supposed to go in the funny thread.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD