Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
On PAX IGN played FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 2.8. Their impressions:

(They are basically excited and think it's awesome.)

(They are concerned and not yet sold on it.)

There has been a special collectors' guide book for FFXV announced. I think I rather spend my money on this...than on any special game edition:

61NQ5suirhL.jpg

CrWzxsBWYAA7XCB.jpg:orig

It's awesomely thick. :D There will be a lot to explore!

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yep, I hope some illustrations too. :) There is supposed to be 32 pages with "extras". The real artbook is after all only available in that Ultimate Edition that cost an arm and a leg and was also sold out fast.

By the way, today will be a FFXV panel on PAX with Tabata. :)

CraJJVwXEAI2aa2.jpg:orig

(That is by the way 2:30pm PDT or 11:30pm CEST)

It will be streamed here:
https://www.twitch.tv/pax3

A World of Final Fantasy panel will take place at 6pm PDT. You can watch it live here:
https://www.twitch.tv/pax2

Jadeinchains

I always try to avoid the streams in case they have spoilers but I might check it out. Also yeah that's cool if it has extras and I'm sure it will have illustrations. The collectors editions are always so expensive.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Watched the stream. Some cool new gameplay in a dark, multi level mine with that strange undead samurai guy...and goblins in mine carts, lol:

MzSekO5.gif

You can damage yourself with you magic if you don't use it wisely...

yph1uG1.gif

...like thunder (electricity) on a metal floor.

The PS4 version is looking pretty good I have to say. They showed the Xbox version with some chocobo racing and it looked again way worse than the PS4 version but it actually did improve from last time we saw it:

F9pO23H.gif

In less than an hour there is another panel talking about the skill tree and weapons. :)

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Watched the stream. Some cool new gameplay in a dark, multi level mine with that strange undead samurai guy...and goblins in mine carts, lol:

MzSekO5.gif

You can damage yourself with you magic if you don't use it wisely...

yph1uG1.gif

...like thunder (electricity) on a metal floor.

The PS4 version is looking pretty good I have to say. They showed the Xbox version with some chocobo racing and it looked again way worse than the PS4 version but it actually did improve from last time we saw it:

F9pO23H.gif

In less than an hour there is another panel talking about the skill tree and weapons. :)
FFXV needs more Japanese chocobo songs :(

Jadeinchains

Oh god of course I fall asleep! Why must they be so late, I like how the magic actually works in a sort of real fashion and the chocobo races look good too. That samurai man just got hit so hard there the area looks like it could be intimidating though the way he stepped out of the shadows.

Edit: I hadn't seen that video but the new theme is amazing!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Edit: I hadn't seen that video but the new theme is amazing!

Right? :) I also think the FFXV chocobos are the prettiest and cutest things ever. Their design is just so pretty and they behave so life-like. They even protect you when enemies attack you, giving them some good kicks. In all footage the chocobo carrying Gladiolus has my sympathies. He looks really big and heavy on it. :(

CSj8afTUkAABAAS.png

The Final Fantasy XIII chocobos were way bigger:

ffxiii25.jpg

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Yeah I actually forgot how giant the chocobo in XIII were seeing them side by side they really are huge! d lol Gladio is tty much the same size as the one he's riding on. XD

And I'll be glad to finally have the game and have my own chocobo and see it behave and stay at the camp with the characters and protects them. They do look beautiful though. :)

Jadeinchains

I just watched Kingsglaive! I'm so happy I've watched it now, now I just need to watch the last episode of the anime and that's me ready for the game! Over all I really enjoyed the movie and thought it was great though I completely see where people didn't enjoy certain parts, I don't want to say to much here but in the spoilers I'm going to just say all my thoughts on the movie good and bad. There's going to be big spoilers so if you haven't watched it don't look.

Okay starting off on a big one Jesus Christ Crowe didn't stay around for Long did she?! I really didn't expect her to die and her face in the body bag was so sad!

The CGI in the movie was amazing as well and looked incredible and Luna looked SO good not just physical wise but her clothes too, Thw first time she's seen that winter jacket she's first wearing with the scarf was beautiful! I also can now see peoples problems with Luna at certain points in this movie but not Luna her self but more about how Nyx treats her. There was so many moments when Luna is trying to do something cool and he takes over for her and ruins what could have been a good moment for her not just to look badass but for development for her being more combative.

Also when we originally saw that art of Luna escaping Insomnia I originally thought that she escaped herself or with the help of her assistant which I was sad she wasn't in the film. ( where was she? )

Also on the topic of Insomnia it was so gorgeous I loved every scene that showed the city, And I also now can see that there seemed to be a fear of immigrants in Insomnia. At the same time that battle scene at the end was honestly while amazing kind of hard to follow and the characters were getting smashed though buildings and barely getting hurt from it. Not to mention they did so much damage to the city.

Anyway I just watched the movie so I wanted to say this while it was brand new in my memory but even though it wasn't perfect I did enjoy it and I'm hyped for the game!

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yay, I'm glad you finally watched the film! :D Now we can freely talk about it and the game and I don't always have to worry about spoiling something for you.
The lore and game world is great, right? :) I'm really exited how Noctis is going to handle all this. He definitely has his work cut out for him.

Now some spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the movie:

Since I know you are not that well informed about the characters...you might not have noticed that not just Noctis lost his father but also Gladio and Iris, which really made me sad. :( The man who fought beside King Regis against General Glauca and got killed by him was Clarus Amicitia.

tumblr_oazh8u2q5m1qgio5qo1_500.gif

The scene in which they found Crowe's corpse in the trash was such a shock to me. I wouldn't have thought to see something like this in a Final Fantasy. The whole circumstances of Crowe's death was so unnecessary, cruel and undignified... That was the scene that still haunts me from this movie. I actually really hate it. >__<

Yeah, about Luna... I just couldn't connect with her in the film. But it seems there was something they just failed to address in thefilm but that becomes apparent afterwards if you think about it and know a bit about the game and it's history. We know that Noctis can foresee the deaths of people, we know that since the game was called Versus XIII and that hasn't changed in FFXV. I have the suspicion that he told Luna about her death and maybe it's circumstances in the past. Maybe when they were kids and spent so much time together. That's probably why she is so attached to him, always talking about the destiny she has to fulfill and acting so calm and collected and completely fearless of death. With that in mind she sounds much more plausible and less strange.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Right? :) I also think the FFXV chocobos are the prettiest and cutest things ever. Their design is just so pretty and they behave so life-like. They even protect you when enemies attack you, giving them some good kicks. In all footage the chocobo carrying Gladiolus has my sympathies. He looks really big and heavy on it. :(

CSj8afTUkAABAAS.png

The Final Fantasy XIII chocobos were way bigger:

ffxiii25.jpg
#ChocoboLivesMatter

Jadeinchains

Yeah it's good to not have to worry about spoilers again! And now I'm not going to be confused about movie references that I wouldn't have noticed.

And wow yeah I didn't realise that Gladio and Iris' father was that man that fought with him! That makers that even more sad. :( I hope they go deeper into that in the game. And yeah Crowe's death really caught me off guard I wasn't expecting that but it was really sad.

And I didn't even consider that for Luna but that makes so much sense that she isn't afraid of death because Noctis already told her when she'd die so she knows it won't be till then. I hope that isn't true though since I like her and don't want her to die. Personally I could connect to her and actually liked her character and her attitude towards a lot of things but the movie just didn't use her nearly and I seriously mean nearly enough. She should have been a lot more powerful without people needing to tell her what she needs to do all the time.

Radiance

I realized that after I posted this. The gameplay just gives that co-op feel, I should be use to the single aspect considering I played the XIII saga (although LR you only played Light)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD