Final Fantasy Thread

SilverForte

Well I'm talking outside of gameplay, Chaos Vincent showed more impressive feats. Lightning needed the souls of everyone or whatever to take down Bhuni. By herself she's not as impressive.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Lightning is by far one of the strongest female protagonists in the entire series. She's killed ~multiple~ god like beings (Fal'Cie), She fought Caius twice, lost the first time but got her revenge in Lightning Returns, and basically fought God and killed him basically by herself with little help.

Edit: She was essentially a goddess in XIII-2 since Etro gave her the last of her power. Also, she saved the entire world by herself so I'd say that's pretty damn impressive.

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Cecil delevels to level 1 when he becomes a Paladin (from being whatever level he was as a Dark Knight with the Deathbringer) and is still stronger than anyone else in FF4 (and possibly himself as aforementioned DK). Cecil for strongest male (no Materia required).

Strongest female, yeah, Lightning. Being stronger than God is kind of a deal breaker.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Lightning is by far one of the strongest female protagonists in the entire series. She's killed ~multiple~ god like beings (Fal'Cie), She fought Caius twice, lost the first time but got her revenge in Lightning Returns, and basically fought God and killed him basically by herself with little help.

Edit: She was essentially a goddess in XIII-2 since Etro gave her the last of her power. Also, she saved the entire world by herself so I'd say that's pretty damn impressive.
Lightning should be hangin' with the Romancing SaGa crew. They kill God all the time...

SilverForte

I liked that deleveling touch in ff4, it reminded me of changing classes and alignment shift in D&D.

Bhuni wasn't really a true god, just a really powerful being, there are stronger chars than him in the franchise. Neo Exdeath and Time Compressed Ultimecia come to mind.

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
I liked that deleveling touch in ff4, it reminded me of changing classes and alignment shift in D&D.

Bhuni wasn't really a true god, just a really powerful being, there are stronger chars than him in the franchise. Neo Exdeath and Time Compressed Ultimecia come to mind.
Bhunivelze was literally a God, created by Mywnn. Killed his mom then created three more gods. Then they all died and Bhuni's like "well shit.". But Ultimecia would slay a majority of the characters she's such a queen omg

xINFINITELIGHTx

i think final fantasy is a dumb cartoon and i hate waiting to take turns to hit people! how about i take my turn first and i never let you take yo turn cause your turn is stupid!

Chapstick

I got LR and I've been playing it and the clock makes me really nervous. The chronostasis helps a little but still I'm spending most of my time in menus almost like I'm catching my breath getting ready to dive back underwater.

*melodramatic*

UpSideDownGRUNT

Really the clock doesn't mean much, don't try to rush the main quests otherwise you'll leave yourself with a big gap.

The best way to do it is to do a main quest for a day or two then spend two days on just sidequests and manage your time like that. It'll not only make you stronger for the bosses but it'll keep you in check closer to the end game so you're not stuck doing 6 full days of side quests like I had to do.

Chapstick

I just finished day 2. So far I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off doing every single quest possible and it's been nerve-wracking.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I just finished day 2. So far I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off doing every single quest possible and it's been nerve-wracking.

That's why you don't play the game that way.
Doing Side Quests here and there is actually the best way rather than do every sidequest available over and over.

It saves you plenty of brain power and makes it easier to grind your ass off.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Tales series, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean...

Not that LIGHT's right.
InfiniteLight's not himself. Someone's hacked his account.

I suggest everyone ignores him until that's straightened out, if it ever does.

Chapstick

That's why you don't play the game that way.
Doing Side Quests here and there is actually the best way rather than do every sidequest available over and over.

It saves you plenty of brain power and makes it easier to grind your ass off.
I wouldn't play the game that way if there wasn't a timer. xD I'm overly paranoid I won't fit everything in.

How long is one in game minute? And how long does chronostasis last?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD