Community Eliot Conquers Christie

Top%203_zpsslzkkwdx.jpg

For Last Round, Summer Jam 9 has concluded, and XcaliburBladeZ reigns supreme as the SJ Champion! He was able to capture back his championship by defeating Kwiggle's: Rachel, Phase 4 and Christie all with Eliot.

Though young bladez has won with the ambitious blonde at Summer Jam before, he took that character to the extreme for Last Round in clutch sets throughout the entire tournament utilizing the speed, combos and stun game of Eliot. He sent Kwiggle to loser bracket before winner finals, and also defeated MC Static and Master in fantastic matches.

The bar was certainly raised at Summer Jam this year with all kinds of "heavy-hitters" and "death pools." Though the entry was free, we still had 99 players compete. It's good to see that DOA is still holding the interest of crowds as well. The combination of matches, players, interactions from the crowd, the taunting and a classic Lopedo meltdown created a spectacle that will not be forgotten by the community.

XcaliburBladeZ20SJ209_zpsdoarrpe3.jpg

I suppose one could say Summer Jam has always been a hit for DOA though. The pre-launch tournament, won by Lopedo, kind of created some hope for me that DOA would go somewhere offline. We also witnessed XcaliburBladeZ surprise us all with Eliot last year. Now the streak so many have wanted to see conquered has been brought down; a monumental moment in our tournament history. Props to Kwiggle for keeping such a long streak with his wide assortment of characters!

Check out the entire Top 16 bracket at BigE's Challonge, and if you missed the tournament check out the past broadcasts for Team Sp00ky. The current Battle Royal 2015 standings for points can be found on this handy spreadsheet, thanks to @VirtuaKazama. Congrats, XcaliburBladeZ!

Summer20Jam20920Results_zpsjmjuhcas.jpg

Last edited:
"Eliot OP please nerf" - Christie. :christie:

Nah, lol seriously. His Eliot play was outstanding. Major props to him on this fantastic victory! Also glad to see people figuring out the Christie MU. #winning

EDIT: What is Lopedo doing there? Lol. So weird to see him with short hair. He needs the long douchey hair!

Last edited:
Congratulations to XcaliburBladeZ for the victory! Imo he deserved to get again the spotlight on him after so much time and to make happen it with a character considered far from the best ones as Eliot made the thing even more memorable ;)

Of course congratulations even to @Mr.Kwiggle (his match with Mc Static was epic!) and to all the other players of the tournament =)

PS: Funnily enough the final was contended from the two American players chosen for the DoA Festival.

PPS: my compliments for the title of the thread @deathofaninja! XD

Last edited:

Top 16 provided above is actually the bracket, not a twitch link. For top 8 all you have to do is press past broadcast on the channel as mentioned in the story. Besides, my story was posted so quickly the past broadcast wasn't even there yet. Oh, yeah, and if you didn't get the memo -- say please next time. I'm not here to serve at your command.

As for all the stream matches -- they will be added through Youtube eventually and added to the tournament media archives here at FSD. Also I think Matt recorded some stuff that didn't even happen on Stream, but I'm not sure. Keep looking at FSD's Youtube.

Top 16 provided above is actually the bracket, not a twitch link. For top 8 all you have to do is press past broadcast on the channel as mentioned in the story. Besides, my story was posted so quickly the past broadcast wasn't even there yet. Oh, yeah, and if you didn't get the memo -- say please next time. I'm not here to serve at your command.

As for all the stream matches -- they will be added through Youtube eventually and added to the tournament media archives here at FSD. Also I think Matt recorded some stuff that didn't even happen on Stream, but I'm not sure. Keep looking at FSD's Youtube.
lol what
I was just friendly suggesting to edit the first post in order to let everyone reach the streams more easily. Personally I've spent a few minutes just to find the correct streams with the correct timecodes, had to browse like 19 hours of footage, this way nobody else would need to do the same, that's all.
One of the commentators at the KPBLive stream 9:13:25 announces the top 16 though

lol what
I was just friendly suggesting to edit the first post in order to let everyone reach the streams more easily. Personally I've spent a few minutes just to find the correct streams with the correct timecodes, had to browse like 19 hours of footage, this way nobody else would need to do the same, that's all.
One of the commentators at the KPBLive stream 9:13:25 announces the top 16 though
Yes, please. Save us time. I even heat twitch.tv because it does not work in my phone (Galaxy 4).

That was the first time for me seeing Xcal use Eliot, and I was extremely impressed! Since DOA5 a lot of people have been sleepin on Eliot.. whether it's for his design, or the fact he got nerfed early on.. But to see him shut down Christie, it was a nice change. & now that he's being showcased more, hopefully we'll see more Eliot's pop up!

I loved the level of hype at SJ.. the fact that you could hear the intensity and excitement over dropped combo's or impressive ones, resonated through the twitch stream to us viewing from home. We definitely need to show up to tourneys with that many players or more, and with that level of hype!

The commentating was awesome for Top 8 with Master & Shade. They were hype for matches as you could easily tell, and were explaining things without getting overly technical to a point where everyone could understand.

Overall it was definitely an amazing tournament and it was great seeing everyone playing at such a high level, and most of all having fun.

Although my idol didn't win, I know he had such a fun time. XCaliburBladeZ did a really good job with Eliot. Great Top 8 and an even more hyped Grand Finals.

My two idols got second and third,but XCBZ is more awesome!
Hope someday I could be able to use helena as one of my mains but currently she is a bit too difficult for me to master XD.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD