Donavon needs to mass hire some baddies

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Tom Lee's interview got me thinking about the need of villans in DOA. As of right now Donavon has few allies and even fewer that can go toe to toe with his main enemy the ninjas...well logically at least. we could have more jobber moments of Rig beating them despite the obvious difference in speed,power,magic, and pointy weapons. but honestly I want cool fight scenes abd questions like "will they win?" and we aren't going to get that if the enemies can't keep up. For that reason I'd like to make a few suggestions

(Note: I inderstand people want realistic styles but we need vilians that can match up to our heroes in a believable way)

image.jpg

Rachel's home country of Vigoor had a lot of cool shit demons, Sorcery, and surprisingly high technology. they were able to completley replicate their soldeiers through robotics. So the point is the technology exsist we just need some MIST scientist to upgrade it and let it lose as hunter droid of something.

I want this most of all because robots aren't bound by the same limitations as a human meaning you can get away with some absurd animation, imagine a joint lock with fully rotate wrist? shits scary. it's true that there only so many ways to throw a punch, but when you're a robot you get more options.

image.jpg

We have a half fiend and Tengu(kind of) but we've yet to see an actually fiend in DOA. and there is a very big difference. I think it would be cool to have one of these things floating around(low enough to be hit by lows of course) just wrecking whoever gets in their way. How Donavon would be able to get in contact with a greater fiend let alone command one is beyond me. maybe one just shows up cause it's bored and wants to kill ninjas.

image.jpg

BIG BOSS!?" No but rather someone so old, skilled, and experienced he can fight against the super natural just by being a peak human badass. i can actually see someone like this replacing Pai. where he would just use minimum effort to knock someone off balance then go ham on them.

viola.jpg

there are several known magics known in the DOA verse, Alchemy, Sorcery, Ninjustu, and natural demon magic. while Rachel does use sorcery her main thing is her strength a hand to hand combantant but still reguraly does Ermac type throws or shit like that would be really awesome. i remember how excited i was when we thought honoka was going to be like this , then salad happened :(

lastly

NG2_Art_Enemy_Ninja_Tactical_Melee.jpg

even though im using their pic i would honestly the Black Spider clan show up and actually be neutral for once., but i cant deny they would work. both hating Ryu and working as mercenaries works well with it. but aside from that, i dont really feel like Raidou fills the role of a nimble ninja all that well, neither him or Genra really.

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
We have to remember that many of the fighters in DOA don't even know of Donovan nor are they really involved with that story. The main story focuses on the ninjas and Helena, with Zack, Lisa, Bayman, Christie, Rig, and the Kasumi clones thrown in the mix as supporting. The other characters are there for the tournament, but not what goes on behind the scenes. I don't mind more villainous characters, because I love me a good villain, but it's not as if there are a large number of heroes in DOA. In DOA5, it was basically the ninjas vs. Alpha-152. But hopefully, DOA6 will expand more on whatever Donovan's next phase is.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
We have to remember that many of the fighters in DOA don't even know of Donovan nor are they really involved with that story. The main story focuses on the ninjas and Helena, with Zack, Lisa, Bayman, Christie, Rig, and the Kasumi clones thrown in the mix as supporting. The other characters are there for the tournament, but not what goes on behind the scenes. I don't mind more villainous characters, because I love me a good villain, but it's not as if there are a large number of heroes in DOA. In DOA5, it was basically the ninjas vs. Alpha-152. But hopefully, DOA6 will expand more on whatever Donovan's next phase is.

Donovan has Ryu,Kasumi,Ayane, Hayate, and probably Momiji going for his head. not only that but more can and probably will be added depending on what happens in NG4. the only one who could realistically put up a fight right now is Phase-4. by adding one or a couple of these we could actually have an interesting battle on our hands in DOA6.

Kronin

I like this kind of threads! XD

Some comments about the OP:

1. Combot:

Even if you don't like it, actually I think that Raidou is the answer to what you are saying here, so someone able to trascend the human strenght through artifical means. By the way I realize that you are asking for something very different, a cyborg and a robot are not the same thing, where the first in effectively more an enhaced human while the second can make things completely unrealistic. Surely a similar character would be pretty interesting if well realized, I like all the robots characters included in Tekken (even if a possible cyborg, Alisa is actually more close to a robot character too) just for such creativity.

2. Fiend

If LOA (Lords of Alchemy) was able to create artificial fiends or chimera, I don't think that it's unrealistic to believe that even Mist couldn't do the same considering their studies on the DNA. Anyway it's also true that LOA kept inside the mystic side of the alchimia, while from what we know MIST is made only from scientists and there is only the possibility that Donovan could be actually an ex-ninja of the Hajinmon sect.

3. Veteran

This kind of character reminds to me what we have seen from Gamov in NG Sigma in his battle against Rachel, after Hayate vs Rig maybe the most close thing to a fight between a superhuman warrior against a civilian (even if the example is not perfect being his origins inside the Dark Spider clan).

I need to think more about the matter, but so far I think that other possible alternatives (that by the way @Russian-chiropractic19 already stated other times) are:

- A Shinobi part of a rival clan of the Mugen Tenshin (maybe a last survivor) deciding to help Donovan' side for getting his revenge and eradicating them.

a453e67d355d5aff2a3226cdb9c1fcb8.jpg

This could be a nice idea, even if nothing too much original because we have already something similar to this in both NG (with the Dark Spider helping the Fiends even for their revenge against the Hayabusa), and indirectly in DoA (with Raidou accepting to make experiments on his body after to have abandoned his clan). Also Hayabusa is already THE last survivor for excellence in the TN universe, so...

- A member of the LOA making use of his overnatural powers.

500px-Concept_regent_02.jpg

latest

I liked the introduction of this figures in the NG mythology with the last title of the series, and I would really like to get them back sooner or later for knowing more about. Now that Nyotengu's revenge against Hayabusa could be a dropped plotline (maybe), then they could be the perfect replacements for doing it after the events of NG3. Or maybe they could really support Donovan's cause and giving to him their support, but this seems to me already more unlikely considering how according to Helena, Donovan is creating superwarriors to sell them to the nations as soldiers of the future, while LOA acted in favor of the anarchy from the current world system.

- A genetical experiment, as a prehistoric animal but with a developed intellect

26c216k.png

(of course not a giant Tyrannosaur Rex XD)

We have already seen as the technology used in the DoA and NG world allow to bring back to the life even prehistorical creatures. On the style of the crazy characters from the Japan but always remaining inside the plotlines of the story, I think that could be an idea to see something of this kind, a sort of Hulk character - but of course not giant as a Tyrannosaur - made purposefully for act as a mini army against the possible enemies (maybe even as a sort of bodyguard). Donovan would think always that only a shinobi (and apparently only Kasumi) can be the perfect subject for developing the ultimate fighter, but this shouldn't prevent him to make even secondary experiments for creating creatures that could be perfect for not getting obstacles.

A possible weak point of a such idea is that to ntroduce a similar character created (and not allied) of Donovan, automatically would make useless his use of human fighters as Bayman (in the past), Christie, Rig or Phase 4 (that even keeping shinobi qualities, is always an human).

Lol, in the end I posted more things against my ideas than the opposite XD

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Rig, Christie, Lisa, Ein, and Donovan is enough for MIST.
Phase 4, Raidou and arguably Nyotengu is enough for the ninjas.

I'd like Genra's power to be back somehow, in the form of a 17 years old male fighter.

Xernuht

I actually wouldn't mind a genuinely mean/antagonistic addition to the Tournament side. Like Goh from VF minus the connection to J6.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD