DOA5U wanted Costumes

Kodachi

Standard Donor
The question is how will they go about picking the best outfits? Will they pick
a) one best outfit for each character (so say 28 characters were in the contest, TN picks 1 best submission from each making 28 outfits)
b) one best outfit for a select # of characters (kind of like what they did for DOA4)
c) best outfits regardless of character (so if they liked 3 Marie Rose outfits they would make all 3).
It seems to be the most popular among the fans, not sure how many can win.. I'm assuming 5 people since there are 5 trading badge packs
1920285_503361953101228_1453316044_n.jpg

Argentus

It seems to be the most popular among the fans, not sure how many can win.. I'm assuming 5 people since there are 5 trading badge packs
I'M more concerned with what outfits make it in game over who gets some pins.
. Also, @DontForkWitMe another Leon sketch. . anything you want different? aand some customization options. l1/lb would remove the scarf. dpad would either remove the bandanna and put his shades on. OOr darken the eye gap and make it just a yellow glowing eye from the shadows of the headwraps, complete with light trail like zacks antennae. How do you want it?
1655366_1422721714644886_1144650552_o.jpg
1052826_1422721847978206_1837474927_o.jpg

DontForkWitMe

I'M more concerned with what outfits make it in game over who gets some pins.
. Also, @DontForkWitMe another Leon sketch. . anything you want different? aand some customization options. l1/lb would remove the scarf. dpad would either remove the bandanna and put his shades on. OOr darken the eye gap and make it just a yellow glowing eye from the shadows of the headwraps, complete with light trail like zacks antennae. How do you want it?
1655366_1422721714644886_1144650552_o.jpg
1052826_1422721847978206_1837474927_o.jpg

looks amazing, pretty much perfect from what i see. all i can think of thats left is deciding the colors of each piece of clothing. Don't want it looking too similar to his other outfits color pallet. he has plenty of red and black clothes and his c1 fills in the desert camo look.

i envision the outfit to be a more muted brown/olive green hybrid which is unique from his other outfits. so all my choices would be...

both bandana and face scarf- dark olive green
sleevless duster- brown/dark brown
leather wristbands-brown/dark brown
fingerless gloves-black
pants- olive green(similar to his dimensions c1 pants color)
combat boots -black
belt straps-dark brown
belt buckles-copper/bronze
waist pouch-brown
kneepad straps-black
kneepad plate-dirty rusted metal color

just my picks. your color suggestions are also welcome argentus

Last edited:

Argentus

looks amazing, pretty much perfect from what i see. all i can think of thats left is deciding the colors of each piece of clothing. Don't want it looking too similar to his other outfits color pallet. he has plenty of red and black clothes and his c1 fills in the desert camo look.

i envision the outfit to be a more muted brown/olive green hybrid which is unique from his other outfits. so all my choices would be...

both bandana and face scarf- dark olive green
sleevless duster- brown/dark brown
leather wristbands-brown/dark brown
fingerless gloves-black
pants- olive green(similar to his dimensions c1 pants color)
combat boots -black
belt straps-dark brown
belt buckles-copper/bronze
waist pouch-brown
kneepad straps-black
kneepad plate-dirty rusted metal color

just my picks. your color suggestions are also welcome argentus
I'll try your colors first. how do you feel about the customization options? for dpad, no bandanna and glasses, or tighter bandanna and glowing eye in shadows?

DontForkWitMe

I'll try your colors first. how do you feel about the customization options? for dpad, no bandanna and glasses, or tighter bandanna and glowing eye in shadows?

yeah the options sound good to me, dunno bout the glowing eye though. Leon is a beast and all but not some spectral demon where glowing eyes would fit more

Kronin

@Argentus @Rawbietussin @KwonJigglypuff and all the interested people:

Yesterday I asked to TN two questions, about the possibility to make entries for the VF characters and about the possibility to not be the material artist of the work. Team Ninja answered to both of them (and I see that you already started to discuss about it, sorry if I didn't post this before but it was sleeping time for me XD).

About the first question they answered me that there are no problems about, so create all the outfits that you wish for Akira, Sarah, Pai and Jacky :) (Source: https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/446795436225863680)

About the second question KwonJigglypuff already reported the exchange from me and TN:

Me: "2nd question: if "X" have a personal idea for a design and ask to "Y" (that already sent you his own submission) to draw the picture for him, is this allowed to do? Of course such picture would be sent from the FB/Twitter profile of "X", being him the author of the design (also if not of the drawing)."

TN: "If we notice that the design is not the original creation from "Y", the entree is invalid. If the design is supported well and selected as DLC for future, the design was granted without any compensation from "Y" to us. You know what I mean?"

But reading their answer, today I sent them another tweet:

Me: "(In answer to: https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/446800056209788928) I think to understand what you mean but don't worry, no one want use images by third parties under copyright or to use fan-arts by online artists without their permission :) On FSD one user want just to help another person, drawing for him the ideas of his design that he is unable to do. By the way, working already on his own submission, the first user feared that ending to become artists of 2 works he would have been disqualified in the end.

It was just this the reason for my question to you ;)"

And TN answered me with:

TN: "Good. Thank you."

So KwonJigglypuff I think that they are only worried for eventual legal problems if a fan infringes the copyright sending them an outfit not of his property (and consequently neither later of TN) and the developers should end for making of it a later DLC. I think that in the first answer they were marking (like already done in the list of rules picture), as in a similar evenience they will not be responsible for the eventual legal troubles that could happen. But I explained them that there was no malice in my question :p

So I think that it's pretty possible to send a drawing not own if the artist agree (even if of course TN maybe would prefer that this was the exception, just because in similar cases there is no real evidence that the idea of the drawing come from another person and not from the artist).

If something, for acting in the most open way possible and to make understand to TN that there is nothing to hide, I suggest to the people that will submit work not their own (like @DontForkWitMe) to state clearly who is the artist of your work (indicating his nickname for the competition if he is a partecipant) ;)

I think that this image is just indicative of the gadgets that will be gifted and not exactly of the number of prizes for winner (for example we don't see 5 artbooks or mousepads) :)

From what I know TN could also decide to make a ranking and to give to everyone a different prize according to their placement (a trading badge - it's not a pin, indeed it's really big XD - for the postion 20-16 / an artbook for the placements 15-10/ and so on...).

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Looks like my Sarah design isn't invalid at all but nah, I'll stick on revamping Helena's. (Even if there will be stiff competition between us. @_@;; )

... So far, has anyone else submitted a non-dress design for her?

Well I can't upload it "as expected" anyway its the french outfit with the frills and high waters.

Hopefully it's far from being too similar to this.

DOAUhelena_cos05.jpg

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Revamped the old Helena draft.

image_zps6fe10e64.jpg

I changed the colors of the ermine fur collar from gold/black to white/black, the ruffles from gold to mauve, the beads from gold to white, the leggings from gold to light olive green (it was suppose to be cream but eh I don't know) and the ribbon belt from purple to brown.

I changed her shoes from purple cuffed heeled spats into brown/dark brown Victorian boots and as for the locket, I decided to reveal Maria's photo rather than have a front design for the locket (or we can "pretend" that the front of the locket is made out of glass lol). So far, I think I like this better than the old one. What do you guys think? Is it good to go submit it to the contest?

Last edited:

Argentus

Revamped the old Helena draft.

image_zps6fe10e64.jpg

I changed the colors of the ermine fur collar from gold/black to white/black, the ruffles from gold to mauve, the beads from gold to white, the leggings from gold to light olive green (it was suppose to be cream but eh I don't know) and the ribbon belt from purple to brown.

I changed her boots into brown/dark brown and as for the locket, I decided to reveal Maria's photo rather than have a front design for the locket (or we can "pretend" that the front of the locket is made out of glass lol). So far, I think I like this better than the old one. What do you guys think? Is it good to go submit it to the contest?
only two things i can suggest are the upper sleeves having armbands to hold them up, maybe fuzzy print bands to match the collar, or brown like the belt. that and the part of. the top that goes over the shoulders, have it visibly going over the shoulders, make the shoulder part wider so it ticks out from under the collar just enough to be seen. otherwise, it looks like there's no upper back to the top, unless that's what you are going for.

David Gregg

Did anyone else see on TN's FB that almost-nude Voldo inspired Hayabusa concept? :eek: Looks like someone is trying to give the legendary swimsuits a run for their money. Lol

Rawbietussin

only two things i can suggest are the upper sleeves having armbands to hold them up, maybe fuzzy print bands to match the collar, or brown like the belt. that and the part of. the top that goes over the shoulders, have it visibly going over the shoulders, make the shoulder part wider so it ticks out from under the collar just enough to be seen. otherwise, it looks like there's no upper back to the top, unless that's what you are going for.

Yup, the top has no upper back. I was thinking about lengthening the sleeves instead for some reason but I might reconsider adding up the brown straps on the sleeves if it doesn't derail that much.

You lost me on the part of the top that goes over the shoulders part though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD