DOA5LR Prospective Stage Discussion

crapoZK

Standard Donor
No its sad when you realise there have been over 20 dlc costume packs designed and released without 1 new stage ,thru out the 4 iterations of the game . Damn the bikinis!!!! stop buying them!!! n we will get new stages! cause dlc will never stop .bet lr will have them 2 no stages just scantily clad chicks. Effing disgrace

but they can make and release 50 bikini packs gtfoh with that, stop remixing itagaki create a new true 2 doa stage period .doa 5, vanilla , ultimate n now last round !!!who re makes a game without new arenas . Its a joke after all the bullcrap dlc released

I DOUBLE-POSTED!

tumblr_maeo5dScQN1r25xgk.gif
Please stop trying to find a reason to be salty. Are you forgetting that new stages cost money? how do they get that money? DLC. how are you going to tell TN to stop making money so they have to make new stages? Even if they didn't have the money, the stages wouldn't be made. Bitch, we havent even HAD A bikini pack since August 2013.

So how about you "gtfoh with that".

You didn even have to quote me.

AsheMann21

Thank you. xD
tumblr_lrqlqfPRcJ1qe1yb5o1_400.gif

Anyway, Since LR looks like the DOA2 throwback, how about L's Castle?
The_L's_Castle_1.jpg

With the option to knock your opponent into the roofed area. So if you knock your opponent off as Hayabusa by mistake, you can knock 'em back, and do your set-ups again. (If they make the roof hit-able)
If they put some fences, we could have a new tag stage. We need more of that actually.

Yurlungur

or we can just get rid of tag, lel

but seriously some new stages would be nice, we need something BRIGHT and LIVELY. Don't get me wrong, i love crimson i'll be using that stage constantly but i dunno something flashy like that doa4 stage with the cars...except without the cars

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I kind of wish the game had more Cliffhangers. That was one of the big new features of DOA5, but there are now only 3 stages with Cliffhangers as of Last Round.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I kind of wish the game had more Cliffhangers. That was one of the big new features of DOA5, but there are now only 3 stages with Cliffhangers as of Last Round.
I want Zack Island to become a Tag Stage. Come on bruh.
cb2a69095a.jpg

Please. Anyway...
I too want to see at least one new stage with a cliffhanger, a stage like DOATEC HK or like the Spiral Stage being an infinite stage with Cliffhangers at the end of every route.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

We should go on Fscebook and Twitter and start requesting stages. Maybe then we can get one as dlc.

Hopefully we get either Ariel Garden, Burai Zenin, Kyoto In Bloom, Seaside Market, Gamblers Paradise (mainly Gamblers Paradise but Ariel Garden is a close second).

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'd rather DOA moves forward and gets something brand new. I know we like old stuff from older games, but it's even more exciting when we get completely brand new content.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
*looks at Arrival*
*looks at Lost World*

Nah, sometimes the old stuff is better.
That's a matter of opinion. Yes, some old stuff is cool, but new stuff can be just as good. The Temple/Sakura stage, the Circus stage, and even Hot Zone are some pretty hype stages.

Brute

Standard Donor
That's a matter of opinion. Yes, some old stuff is cool, but new stuff can be just as good. The Temple/Sakura stage, the Circus stage, and even Hot Zone are some pretty hype stages.
All are substantially worse than the Lost World, imo.
Home and Flow/Primal are the best stages new stages from 5, imo. Ones like Scramble, Hot Zone and The Show come in later (certainly after Lorelei). Note that only The Show is a good stage, imo. Tiger Show and Coming Soon are superfluous and unneeded.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Blame the fan base. When Cliffhangers were introduced, people raged over the thought of having that on every stage. I imagine that attributed to its use. If you look at the numbers, there is generally a balanced number of stages for danger zone variety and type.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
How hard is it to add Destroyed Lab in DOA5LR ?
I guess it shouldn't be too hard as it was already in the Story Mode. I really like the atmosphere of that stage. It's epic.
Plus that'd be the perfect stage for Phase 4.
KT probably being dicks to TN again.

Argentus

or we can just get rid of tag, lel

but seriously some new stages would be nice, we need something BRIGHT and LIVELY. Don't get me wrong, i love crimson i'll be using that stage constantly but i dunno something flashy like that doa4 stage with the cars...except without the cars
No, keep the cars. And add the cheetah and tiger! Because VEGAS! ALL THE HAZARDS ON THE VEGAS STRIP! BWAHAHAHAHA!
The issue is that Cliffhangers were never a big new feature, it was just a cutscene-ified version of a mechanic that was always there in 234, which is stage break grabs. Thats why its even more dissappointing that its only in like 2 stages. They need to drop "Cliffhangers" entirely and just make them regular stage breaks, so they can be implemented more.

Cliffhangers are like when street fighter 4 tried to pretend that charged moves were some innovative new feature.

I dunno, I just dont like how they turned regular mechanics into scripted supers.

But anyways, I still want DOA3's Doatech HK back, so bad. Seeing Leon hurl Jan Lee out the window and through the sign before beating him into the pavement below is part of what drew me into DOA lol.

I'd say I'd love to see it with next gen graphics, but lord knows it'd somehow look worse than it did in doa3, instead.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It's not just "Team Ninja", but Koei Tecmo as well since they give a certain amount of support to help them out in terms of producing a stage.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I feel like Classic stages with a twist i.e Crimson in 5LR and Danger Zone is a decent way to go around bring back old stages, brings something familiar but fresh at the same time.

More stages that could be elaborated on IMO:
Burai Zenin: This could be danger zone related as in it'll be daylight and sunny(ala DOA1/ DOA/2H) then it could bust through a gate and down some stairs DOA2U BZ, and maybe have the storm optional or somehow trigger via DZ.

Demon's Church: Bell could be used as a PBDZ and the stain glass front could be a cliff hanger, and the statuettes obviously could be used as stagger breakables.(maybe the ability to Izuna through the window? ;) or atleast be able to use wall throws on it to break through)

Maybe inter connect a few?(Like Flow and Temple of The Dragon)
Azuchi: Standard Azuchi but at the bottom allow you to break through into Ninja Hideout, and add a rain variant just to up the Ninja battle cliche's.

As for possible new stage ideas, I think themed stages would be interesting as well like a Woodland stage for Hayabusa near Hayabusa Hidden Village and maybe add the ability to transition into the village itself, maybe have a Karate Dojo stage for Ein/Hitomi and so on you get the idea I have liked the prospect of character themed stages for a good while and bringing that back is a good start if you want interesting stages that aren't reashes of classic stages.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
For a next DOA I have some suggestions for cool new stage locations. Let's begin with Europe:

Neuschwanstein Castle/Germany:
The Two Castles by andywon, on Flickr

Smash your opponent through castle walls or kick them off a tower into a thick, dark forest in an absolutely fairy tale like environment. *__*

Rothenburg, Germany:
Rödergasse by VT_Professor, on Flickr

Let's wreak havoc in the streets of a quaint, picturesque European town. :D (Unfortunately TTT2 already used this exact same town, just calling it "Bremen" in the game. :/)

Versailles, France:
Versailles: Château de Versailles - La Galerie des Glaces by wallyg, on Flickr

Smash every mirror and furnishing in a beautiful palace. Let's have tourists run around in terror in the background. XD

Forum Romanum, Italy:
Forum Romanum_ #Flickr12Days by maska_29, on Flickr

Battling in between more than 2000 years of history and wrecking all of it would be so amazing! Opponents could be smashed through the floor into dark catacombs. :)

Scottish Highlands, UK:
Glen Sannox, Arran by Bathsheba 1, on Flickr

Some kind of infinite stage in a remote valley in the Scottish Highlands would be amazing. Knock your opponent over rocks...and sheep. XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD