DOA5 ver 1.03a Bugs,Glitches, and Tweaks.

Akumasama

They did give me a new Online Pass code.
Took em a while and several angry unanswered email from my side, but they did give it to me.
It's just that I didn't use it yet, too many variables, don't wanna risk to make my situation even more messy.

I already have an online pass on my HDD. What happens if I get another one?
I already have an online pass linked to my XboxLive account, what happens if I get another one? Which one will be downloaded if I select the option "download it again"?
So yeah, I've been waiting, playing PS3 version instead, so far.

Blazeincarnated

They did give me a new Online Pass code.
Took em a while and several angry unanswered email from my side, but they did give it to me.
It's just that I didn't use it yet, too many variables, don't wanna risk to make my situation even more messy.

I already have an online pass on my HDD. What happens if I get another one?
I already have an online pass linked to my XboxLive account, what happens if I get another one? Which one will be downloaded if I select the option "download it again"?
So yeah, I've been waiting, playing PS3 version instead, so far.
Just use the damn code then? Fuck logic.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Rofl. You know Akuma I would just use the damn code. I don't think your situation can get worse than it is.

Not being able to play means not being able to play.

Akumasama

Receive a nice suggestion on my official xbox forums open ticket. That is to use that code I received with a secondary account, then try to log back in with the main and see what happens.
Sadly I couldn't apply it because I would need a secondary account with Gold. With a silver one you can't even attempt to download the online pass.

So I said "fuck logic" and tried to download it on my main account. I download it two times (inputting code twice). First time on my main HDD to see if it would overwrite the old one, and a second time on the Memory Unit where there is no profile or DoA5 data whatsoever.
Here's what happened:
1) On my main storage device (HDD) the online pass appearently overwrited the old one. Didn't work
2) The new online pass got downloaded to the Memory Unit and a new profile created. Then nothing new happened, exactely the same that happens each time I created a new profile. It works the first time, if I turn the console off and then back again, I get the same error.

Now I'm trying one final test I didn't think about in all my previous tests.
Physically removing my 300gb HDD and trying to launch the game with just the memory unit data.
Really want to see what's gonna happen now.

Akumasama

So... indeed something strange happened.
Removing my HDD I had to redownload an SO update for X360, then re-download my gamertag profile, then basic DoA5 update, then the NEW online pass.
The game worked online but I expected that, it always works the first time with a new profile.
So I turned the console off, back on again and... surprise! It was still working!
Turned off and on again, still working.
So then I procceded with the following tests:

1) Reattached the HDD
2) Tried the Memory Unit Profile ==> was still working
3) Reboot and tried the HDD profile ==> not working
4) Reboot and MU profile ==> still working
5) Copied my HDD profile (with almost everything unlocked) on my MU ==> stopped working
6) Deleted EVERYTHING about DoA on my HDD, then created a new profile and used the NEW online pass ==> worked and kept working after several reboots

So I think I reached a stable situation now, but I'm unable to use my old profile.
Is this a good compromise? I suppose... altough I won't be able to obtain some titles again, or some costumes... sigh... But at least I can play, so I guess this is an acceptable compromise.

Dutch Samurai

When you buy used, you did indeed pay for their game, but you didn't pay them. You paid the retailer. By buying new, you support Tecmo, who use a fraction of the revenue to offer the online service. By buying used, you freeload off the service because you pay Tecmo nothing. Online passes are meant to prohibit that.

That the online pass is screwing up when it shouldn't is another matter.
THIS. Let it be known. No company likes a pirator. They should keep doing online passes to discourage pirators from pirating. You know what? They should make a system where the console can't read the game if its pirated..... BOOM they killed two birds with one stone.

@ Blazeincarcerated

How is buying used games piracy? Piracy is making and selling illegal copies of the games. As far as free use of online services, you can't blame the used game buying gamers for that. The software company would be responsible for setting it up that way. That being said, I don't have a problem with game manufacturers making you buy online passes, should you want to play the game online.

Blazeincarnated

@ Blazeincarcerated

How is buying used games piracy? Piracy is making and selling illegal copies of the games. As far as free use of online services, you can't blame the used game buying gamers for that. The software company would be responsible for setting it up that way. That being said, I don't have a problem with game manufacturers making you buy online passes, should you want to play the game online.
When I say pirators, im talking about the hackers that just download the ISO on to their 360.

Akumasama

Ok so after more testings, I found a solution for my problem.

1) Delete DoA5 data COMPLETELY (everything, really.... everything) from all your peripherals.
2) Clear HDD cache and memory unit (internal X360 memory) cache
3) Start the game again, download all the necessary patch data, if you want you can also install it on the HDD. (do not download your online pass!)
4) Make sure the game language setting is the same as your console setting (sounds stupid but yeah...)
5) Download a NEW Online Pass. Since you cannot buy a new one from the online store you'll either have to buy a new copy of the game or ask Tecmo to give you a new one.

And it should work this way.
O course you lose all your offline saved data.
I didn't care much for my replays but it took me a lot of effort to unlock over 70% of the Titles and Lisa's special costume.
Don't think I'm ever gonna be able to do 100 survival again, took me ages and I managed to do it just with luck.
Sigh...

Well at least I can play online again on X360 as well now.

Randzz

So you have to do all that nonsense over again? Or you can't do any of it at all if you intend on playing online?

Akumasama

I already did the delete thing, but when I Did the first time I just moved my saved data (just the profile, deleted everything else) from the original place (HDD) to another secondary memory unit.
Appearently the game still read data from there even though I was loading/creating a new profile, and somehow things were getting "broken" through the process.

Basically I'm left with three options
1) Continuing to use my profile with (almost) everything unlocked, but not able to play online
2) Play online without saved data (selecting not to load any profile each time I get prompted when the game starts)
3) Create a new profile (with a new online pass) following the step-by-step method I described above.

I am doing 3) atm. Pissed because I didn't really want to spend any further time offline but appearently I'll have to =/
Still pretty preposterous.
Been contacted by 3 more people who read my post on the official Xbox forums, they have the same issue. Hope my method will work for them, but they will need a new Online Pass.

Randzz

I meant stuff like the costumes & other unlockables, do you have to re-unlock everything again? If so, will the same problem crop up thus forcing you to keep the "vanilla" DoA5 online experience? If you play a lot or ranked matches I think it's 1 costume per 10 ranked matches using that specific character. I forgot how many ranked it takes to get Gen fu, Akira & the rest.

Akumasama

Yeah everything locked of course ('cept DLC costumes). I already did story mode and got a few costumes.
I will eventually unlock all the other costums and Alpha (300 ranked matches or something).
I won't get the titles again... I had like 70% of titles now I'm down to 30.
Tbh I don't really care that much, but it still sucks.

Randzz

So long as you're not forced to stay totally "vanilla", that'd really blow chunks... not that what you had to do is much better.

synce

KuYJV5I.jpg

Never noticed this before so I don't know if this is a glitch with the paradise bikinis or the beach stage itself, but underneath the palm trees the lighting on the head doesn't match the body.

(Ignore the weird artifacts, I just snapped a pic of my TV screen)

Chaos

KuYJV5I.jpg

Never noticed this before so I don't know if this is a glitch with the paradise bikinis or the beach stage itself, but underneath the palm trees the lighting on the head doesn't match the body.

(Ignore the weird artifacts, I just snapped a pic of my TV screen)
I notice that too! :eek: I thought I was the only person who found the photoshop face glitch lol.IMG_20130304_235458.jpg

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
That's because there are two different meshes for the body and the head type (little detachable Barbie heads). This usually shouldn't happen because of self-shadowing, but it's not a rarity. Awkward angles and other stuff.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

This is not a bug in the game, but in the user. I tripped on my arcade stick wire and tilted my Xbox, which decided to give my DOA5 copy a horrible scratch, worst that I've ever seen. The disk is completely destroyed, no hope of saving it.

So, pro tip of the day, DO NOT place your console vertically, bad things are bound to happen. Luckily, DOA5 is on sale on a local game netshop, and I'll get a replacement for 30 euros (postal fee included)...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD