DOA5, Summer Jam, and the Offline Community

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
This event rocked. Period. Gill, we're road tripping to GVN. Hopefully this time we'll be home before 5 am.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I sure did have a blast, and it was great meeting up with old friends, meeting some members who I met online, and some new up and comming players. The game is great, and our community showed such great support for the game.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
such a killer drive.

Dude it sucked. It's not that bad usually, but we hit traffic on the NJ turnpike, waited about an hour for gas, then hit traffic on the GW Bridge, road work twice in CT, and then once again in MA. It added like 4 hours to the trip.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Dude it sucked. It's not that bad usually, but we hit traffic on the NJ turnpike, waited about an hour for gas, then hit traffic on the GW Bridge, road work twice in CT, and then once again in MA. It added like 4 hours to the trip.

NY was my toughest road. Insane drivers and a lot of detours/construction.

Tap Master C

An awesome look back at an awesome weekend, Gill. I really can't thank you, Dr. Teeth, and Dustin enough for letting me in on the trip at the last minute!!!

I came back from Philly on Monday morning dead tired (Hooray for 9 hour trips! NEVER AGAIN, Dr. Teeth...) and slept for about 12 hours, but Summer Jam 6 was well worth it... I went expecting just to play a greatly anticipated game of mine a month before its release, I left with a weekend of memories that I will never forget.

3 full days of hands-on time with a near-final build of Dead or Alive 5...
Meeting a whole bunch of pros and prominent members of the DOA community and staff...
Chatting and discussing nearly everything about DOA5 and the series as a whole...
Getting to help organize, run, and compete in a Dead or Alive 5 tournament...
Helping run an online stream of Dead or Alive 5 and even getting to commentate on an online DOA5 stream...
The entire experience was AMAZING... The only downside is the crushing reality that I WILL have to wait a whole month before getting to play it again. That and I left my 3DS charger in the hotel room, haha...

Shoutouts to rikuto, lopedo, CyberEvil, Hubbs, Chosen1, Blackburry, H2OEvil, smithy, and anyone else who I ran matches with that I haven't already mentioned. It was an honor to be defeated by you guys!
Further shoutouts to Mr. Wah, Allan Paris and DrDogg for providing me with awesome advice on Kasumi tech, I will do my best to utilize it well.
And final shoutouts to Sean Corcoran and Tom Lee of the KT/TN team for allowing me to pick their minds on the workings of the company "on the inside."
I wish I took more pictures, but the whole weekend was a whirlwind of action, I kept forgetting to...
20120825_105657.jpg

20120825_173548.jpg

20120825_220837.jpg

20120826_021930.jpg

20120826_191345.jpg

20120825_230843.jpg

Hope to see you all again, soon!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
yo.....Can someone PLEASE give me some Zack info? I'm begging ya.

6H+P guarantees 8K, and in some instances (most likely a glitch) it will put them into a BT stun.

He also has a combo taunt and his "Zack Beam!" is him taking his glasses off but does no damage.

ChampTang

May I ask how many set ups you guys had and how long it took to finish a pool? Just trying to figure out the average time for a DOA tournament so we can figure out how many set ups we need for the launch tourney.

MasterHavik

6H+P guarantees 8K, and in some instances (most likely a glitch) it will put them into a BT stun.

He also has a combo taunt and his "Zack Beam!" is him taking his glasses off but does no damage.
Hm...not bad. I hope he keeps it. And that Zack Beam sounds awesome. I know how to troll online.
For the record, Zack's combo taunt is the most badass move in the entire game, hands f*cking down...
LOL.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
May I ask how many set ups you guys had and how long it took to finish a pool? Just trying to figure out the average time for a DOA tournament so we can figure out how many set ups we need for the launch tourney.

Six setups. When we weren't actively waiting for people and started DQ'ing (lot of people in other areas for multiple games), things went quickly. One 32 man bracket when you don't have to wait for people takes about an hour or so, probably. Might push that to an hour and a half for the first to 3 we ran.

Tap Master C

Six setups. When we weren't actively waiting for people and started DQ'ing (lot of people in other areas for multiple games), things went quickly. One 32 man bracket when you don't have to wait for people takes about an hour or so, probably. Might push that to an hour and a half for the first to 3 we ran.
You sure it only took 90 minutes for each of the 1st 3 pools? I could've sworn Pool A and B ran at least 2 hours each, due to the waiting of players.
Great shots TMC!
Thanks! Just wish I had taken more...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD