DOA5 Story Relationship Chart

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Team NINJA has provided a relationship chart for many of the characters in regard to Dead or Alive 5.

relationshipchart.png

Some interesting notables:
  • Akira and Kokoro are rivals
  • Helena and Kokoro are "interested in each other"
  • Leifang and Hitomi are "close friends/rivals" (all over cabbage!?)
  • Hitomi and Hayate have some relationship but apparently Team NINJA doesn't know...

Personally, still don't approve over Donovan using an assassin to kill an assassin he hired to kill his boss. Other than that... "Yuup."

Hit up the source to catch up with some of the story you may have missed, never known about, or didn't bother trying to piece together.

Source: The Official Dead or Alive 5 Site

Xion

lol thats what I was thinking, the only person with nothing is Brad. I'm also sad it doesn't show that Tina and Lei Fang are close friends/rivals.

lol man it would probably look much more jumbled if it included every link. Brad's looking for a drink, not a relationship with anyone, though I suppose they could have linked him to his master.

Sir Skeleton

Well it's certainly an interesting chart, it's sure to be helpful for any newcomers to the game that wish to get a basic description of what is going on in the Dead or Alive world.

UnD34D

Well it's certainly an interesting chart, it's sure to be helpful for any newcomers to the game that wish to get a basic description of what is going on in the Dead or Alive world.
I've been playing for like 10 years and I've still got no fucking clue as to whats going on in the Dead or Alive world. I've been playing Street Fighter for longer and I'm even more confused about that fucking storyline.

Leifang2000

The space between Sarah and Akira should be right for Pai and maybe Mila...
Will Brad really be unrelated to anyone? LOL.:Bradwong:

Game Over

Wouldn't the "Hayate/Hitomi" relationship be something like Hayate reminds Hitomi of former friend (Ein), Hayate has no recollection of her.

If this were to go the route of a cheesy romance flick, Hitomi would be fawning all over (borderline stalking) Hayate, while he slowly gains intrigue with this girl "somehow mistaking him for someone else". And it would probably drive Ayane nuts (if she is still secretly obsessed with Hayate).

Also, Jann Lee and Leifang need to just get it on already!

RoboJoe

I'm positive the Haate/Hitomi relationship is just her having a crush on him. I remember something like that in a cutscene from one of the games.

Doug Nguyen

its pathetic how team ninja wants to pretend that leon never existed. might as well kill him off at this rate
Well he is Hayate so you cant really kill him off right. Oh wait nevermind you said leon. But yeah i agree. Killing him off sounds better than just forgetting about him

Xion

Well he is Hayate so you cant really kill him off right. Oh wait nevermind you said leon. But yeah i agree. Killing him off sounds better than just forgetting about him

The chart is for DOA5. Leon hasn't had a place in the tournament since 3, its not ignoring him so much as hes simply irrelevant.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD