DOA5: New Gameplay Trailers - Ayane, Hayate, & Hitomi

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Sidesteps, pokes, and crouch dashing - Oh my!

New gameplay trailers released today, giving a full match between Ayane and Hayate now. In this we get to see the character select screen animations, some new moves from Hayate, and even the stage destruction changing from a flat level to a slope. Surprisingly, it's also the first we don't see a Power Blow attack.

[medio]217[/medio]

Additionally there was an Ayane vs HItomi match also released. Surprisingly, this is probably the most interesting gameplay video yet - in my opinion. That's because the player using Hitomi is certainly knowledgeable about the game, using jab pokes, crouch dashing (both forward and backward), proper setups, and poking. It's definitely good to see and makes me wonder who it was who played Hitomi. In this it also appears the cliffhanger doesn't do that much damage, not even killing, and you can also opt not do direct the Power Blow attack which would cause the player to just fly backward by default. I can see a competitive player just not caring at the point in time it's shown because it would kill the opponent anyways. Also, we see that sidestepping can evade pretty early in an attack - something suggested by virtuaPAI in a previous thread.

[medio]218[/medio]

Keep in mind that this is a trailer of the demo coming with the Ninja Gaiden 3 release, and we have already seen the game has changed a bit due to the Akira trailer released last week.

The demo will be available on March 20th to those who pre-ordered Ninja Gaiden 3.

Tenren

i was going to add the FSD logo using xsplit
also i would like a short video with no talking

Tenren

not going to work any ways. Xsplit just went to the paid for version so audio sucks lol. Ill have to get the Lic b4 i do any streaming

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
not going to work any ways. Xsplit just went to the paid for version so audio sucks lol. Ill have to get the Lic b4 i do any streaming

Thanks, but I've updated the front page with the videos. We won't be putting the FSD logo on them until we get a higher quality version of the footage.

Kasumi

Thanks for the videos!.

I don't know why they chose to put stats in the character selection screen, buy Hayabusa having only 3 blocks on attacks seems a little silly.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Post them, repost them and do whatever you want with the videos so that more players become more knowledgeable of the game, especially those that may not be able to get it. (This is what will be in the demo)

Also I understand some folks don't want to sit and watch the whole video i commentated on which is why i purposefully separated the video again at the end so people can just see the gameplay or rip the video, which some people have already done, and thats good.

There will be more coming soon (4), and i hope this was helpful.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

R4712-VR88

Really loving the new character select screen and the additional stats in the background. When fighting, after a KO now the game cuts right to the next round without having to skip a victory screen which is great. Team NINJA has also changed Hayate's fighting stance which is nice. I hope they changed Hitomi's as I've never liked it. Her DOA3 one was fine but not her DOA4 stance. All the characters could use an update or change in their fighting stance. Other than that I'm really loving everything that I'm seeing.

FakeSypha

I'll be posting your vids on some forums back in my country, if you don't mind... Hope I could build up a little scene there u.u

Anyway, thanks for the uploads fellas!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD