DOA5 E3 Version Q&A

Lobo

it doesn't need to be...DOA has evolved like VF has, characters have individuality in their movesets, more so in 5 then past iterations. DOA never really had issues with clones much(aside from Alpha) so that was never a issue. however I believe this is going to turn into one of those Stances/more moves = depth discussion...and I would avoid that.
You're right, it doesn't need to be, but it definitely wouldnt hurt. Ive always envied a good Helena player who could seamlessly switch stances, and I was just hoping more characters could do the same.

And I certainly don't want to start an argument, I was just curious to what dogg considered to be a stance, when, in my eyes, less than half the doa4 cast had one. Again, not saying that I think all chars should have one, but it certainly does add an extra layer of fun learning a character with stances.

AKNova7

Does anyone else thinks this game is fighting game of the year?

Not with the way the game feels. The movement system feels...dirty. Non-fluent to say the least. Maybe they fixed it in the E3 build, but the game felt like even when you were sidestepping you weren't really sidestepping...

Feels nothing like 3 in term of gameplay feel. Uggh.

DriftSlave

You're right, it doesn't need to be, but it definitely wouldnt hurt. Ive always envied a good Helena player who could seamlessly switch stances, and I was just hoping more characters could do the same.

And I certainly don't want to start an argument, I was just curious to what dogg considered to be a stance, when, in my eyes, less than half the doa4 cast had one. Again, not saying that I think all chars should have one, but it certainly does add an extra layer of fun learning a character with stances.
Its ok to discuss it, this is a fourm afterall but kinda derails this topic alittle. But its a common debate that is interesting. I have to be brief becasue im on my phone...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I already understand it, and then you state the obvious... -__-
If you understood then you wouldn't be getting these responses:

This is a site for competitive players, and this thread is discussing things only a competitive player would care about. What are you doing here if this is all you have to add to the discussion?
Please, stop typing.
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!
I don't even know what this sentence means.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
If it's so obvious then why don't you understand it?
He feels uneasy by some of y'all's comments. If that were me, I'd be hostile and think everyone hated me.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for the record, I don't hate you Blazeincarnated, despite most people disagreeing with you here. But maybe you should take in their advice for a change. I don't believe they mean any harm.

Arnell Long

He feels uneasy by some of y'all's comments. If that were me, I'd be hostile and think everyone hated me.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for the record, I don't hate you Blazeincarnated, despite most people disagreeing with you here. But maybe you should take in their advice for a change. I don't believe they mean any harm.

Awesmic, you seen how his comments are derogatory towards others opinion "although no one is perfect and or innocent". Remember me trying to speak to him in a civil manner only to have him throwing stones at me? http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...ori-comment-about-competitive-play.809/page-2 That should help a bit...

I'm in the middle of this Warfare as well as you Clay Awesmic...I'm taking no sides...but I don't approve of someone slamming their opinions on others just because they disagree with ones view. I tried talking with Blaze hoping to come to some form of mutual ground, but I can only take so much slander. I believe this is something you can agree to, am I wrong?

Blazeincarnated

Awesmic, you seen how his comments are derogatory towards others opinion "although no one is perfect and or innocent". Remember me trying to speak to him in a civil manner only to have him throwing stones at me? http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...ori-comment-about-competitive-play.809/page-2 That should help a bit...

I'm in the middle of this Warfare as well as you Clay Awesmic...I'm taking no sides...but I don't approve of someone slamming their opinions on others just because they disagree with ones view. I tried talking with Blaze hoping to come to some form of mutual ground, but I can only take so much slander. I believe this is something you can agree to, am I wrong?
Im not angry at Arnell, Awesmic, and the rest. Its just Grap3 been doing this to me since day 1. Like the other thread What if?? Look at the first page you will see what im talking about...Second of all Grape3 their responses shouldn't speak for you, use your own train of thought not theirs, thats THEIR opinion. You are probably one of those people that judge people off first impression also.

Arnell Long

Should of been done a few pages ago. Lest hope the same thing can be done to other arguments/disagreements in other Threads.

DriftSlave

So anymore general O&A about the E3 build? I mean good to be curious now since Dr.Dogg and Rikuto may still have alot of the knowledge fairly fresh in their minds, so I would jump on that.

DrDogg

Hmm, what is your definition of a 'stance' then? Right now I'm only coming up with a few chars who had stances off the top of my head.

Hayate: Ninpo Dash
Lei Fang: BT
Ayane: BT and Spins
Helena: You forgot her BT stance
Kasumi: Dash thingy... (that's the technical term)
Bayman: Tank Roll, mainly because you can cancel into and out of it, and he also has sideways rolls
Kokoro: New stance

One thing I would like to see is for DOA5 to borrow from VF in how stances are treated (in terms of frame advantage). Just about every character in VF that has a stance can transition into the stance with some sort of advantage off of a blocked attack. That doesn't happen in DOA. It's almost always a risk to enter a stance in DOA, and that hasn't really changed as of the E3 build. Granted, we haven't really see a true stance character, but still...

For example, in VF5FS... as Lei Fei, his 6P is -3 on hit and -6 on block. However, if I use 6P and cancel into a stance, it changes to +7 on hit and +4 on block.

Arnell Long

Thank you Grap3 for that second part cause I went through 4 pages or so of "Off Topic" bickering.

Question: I saw everyone had 3 costumes in the E3 build. So is 3 going to be the default start, or do we have to unlock them along with the other 3?

Question: Since the ground game is different than DOA4, how are force get ups utilized? Like in DOA4, the opponent forgets to quick get up, so I have two ground attacks of my choosing to force them back up. With Kasumi's 1+P, I can force them up with them being able to counter my next attack so their only defense was to block. So um, are there any in DOA5 that you discovered?

Question: When someone counters and you quick step behind them, can they quickly slow escape after being stuned ala DOA4? Or it more akin to Ayane's DOAU 4+Grab?

Kokoro has a Back Turned stance as well.

Shinigamimatt

Hayate: Ninpo Dash
Lei Fang: BT
Ayane: BT and Spins
Helena: You forgot her BT stance
Kasumi: Dash thingy... (that's the technical term)
Bayman: Tank Roll, mainly because you can cancel into and out of it, and he also has sideways rolls
Kokoro: New stance

Tina
Lisa
Hayabusa
Brad Wong

Tina's is, right?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD