DOA4 Bayman vs. DOA5 Bayman

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It's not an end-of-the-world type nerf, but it does cut down on juggle potential to a degree. That's all I'm saying.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
It's not an end-of-the-world type nerf, but it does cut down on juggle potential to a degree. That's all I'm saying.

Dude .. It makes his air juggles ... I dunno...
Before I jump to any conclusions I would like to test things myself on the final build.

Heres hoping they havent fucked the game too much ...
it would be nice if he had at least 1 untechable setup from juggles (like his P+K maybe)

I personally am not a fan of Bayman, but there is no justification to fuck any character up... Its not like he was broken or anything. Strong? yes.. Broken? I don't think so...speedy characters were still a problem.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
DMC3 was made harder in our american release because the developers felt it was too easy for Americans. Our Easy mode is their Normal mode.

DMC as a game series is designed as a single player combo fest to just see the highest combo number you can get.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Itagaki said he made doa3 to be a single player game. The Japanese should design each character in a fighting game as if it was that character's single player game. Ng1 was similar where the combat felt like a character should be in a multiplayer game: advantage attacks, punishable strings, solid mixups, etc.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Itagaki said he made doa3 to be a single player game. The Japanese should design each character in a fighting game as if it was that character's single player game. Ng1 was similar where the combat felt like a character should be in a multiplayer game: advantage attacks, punishable strings, solid mixups, etc.

interesting way of putting it,it would mean maximizing each characters potentials to their fullest then letting lose not only a few but MANY monstrous characters all able to destroy each other,but still having to really fight for that top position.just like the main characters of any VG game.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
That is because 3.1 was a complete accident.

This is what I believe too.

When Hayashi was signing my copies, I showed him the box for 3.2 and told him this was one of the best games they've ever made. Obviously, I was refering to both 3.1 and .2, but he looked at my with surprised expression like "what? really?". When I showed him my DOA2 copy, he asked me "what about this one?". We got into a discussion about arcades since we play DOA2 Millennium in our arcade (wish I had a business card made) and he then immediately asked my about the hold system. He later asked me whether I like these game because of their hold system.

edit: I may be interpreting it wrong, but since he was concentrating on holds, I took that as if he was unaware of the other internal components that made their game and what made 3.1 a perfect DOA game. That just shows their lack on knowledge when it comes to the series.

The nerfs Bayman got was evidence. He didn't really need those changes.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
The nerfs Bayman got was evidence. He didn't really need those changes.

I think its an across the board nerf.
It seems that you can no longer create an untechable situation from an air juggle ... and as a result all ground throw setups from air juggles for grapplers got fucked ...

Tina and Bass have air throws so they have a work around ... Bayman doesn't so he got fucked the most.

This is what I deduced from whats being hinted in the forums ...
I could be wrong (I hope I'm wrong .. and theres like maybe 1 or 2 setups left for each character) .. but I have afeeling I'm not.

Either way, Its only a few days away now and all will be revealed..

Man,, Just when we thought grapplers got their rightful place ...

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Air-throws are great and all, but I'm sacrificing position and I'm wasting time. I just want you right in front of me so I can shove me giant fist down your throat and pummel your skull on the ground, usually when I don't have a wall or furniture close to me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD