DOA 5 Tina Thread

Django

Gonnna post this here too

:6::K:,:P: for stun and if they low hold even on fastest you can still get HI counter with low throw after the high punch whiffs.Tina gets from +6 - +22 if they low hold her :P: after :6::K:.

so basically u get a guarantee Hi-counter Low throw cause they did a low hold after :6::K:, :P:.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I tried it with fastest SE after the sit-down and the dummy could still block the K. :/

Edit: Unless you meant if they decided to go on the offensive after the sit-down it's guaranteed?
-Lol. It is Pseudo Guaranteed. Your opponent is Forced to block! This is nothing like DOA4 guys! This is huge for her HLP. Not since 3.1 was she able to manipulate her opponent into a certain action...better yet reaction. This is something you want to make a mainstay of your game. This is because You will always get :6::P:, :2::P:, and :4::K: guaranteed. It will come to the point where you opponent will accept it, and look for those guaranteed follow-ups as your base #1 options. Utilizing(Prioritizing) :1::P:, :4::P:, :3::K:, :3::3::K:, and :K::5::T: will Force your opponent to react. Your opponent is either going to:
  • Block to not eat the damage from those strikes(especially from :3::3::K:, and :K::5::T:).
  • Block and eat Tina's most damaging punishing throw...the J.O.Cyclone!
  • Do everything else but not block, and eat the damage from :3::3::K:~Juggle, and :K::5::T:.[/quote].
    -This is Risk Free for Tina players! NO matter what, your opponent must block...there is no Defensive Holding to Save their ass!

I feel that Tina isn't that bad as people are saying, yeah more stun would be nice but she isn't a terrible as people say she is.
    -The bitch is not bad at all....She is in fact pretty good. This is a very solid tool along with her Super Option Select. This gives her a solid base to work with, and something for her opponents to focus on when fighting against her. This is very important to her success in HLP! The use of random String mix-ups, and mixing up Strike height usage to confuse your opponent are not solid techniques. This is due to their being a lack of focus, resulting in randomness. Having something that not only limit your opponent's defensive options, locking your opponent into a specific response and causing Fear/Panic for the potential heavy health loss shapes the whole direction of the exchange greatly in the Tina player's favor!

TRI Mike

Virtuapai's find sure is interesting and it calms me a little bit. Still I believe her nerfs have to be reverted back, but it's nice to know I actually have options.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Yeah, she has "new tools" but those tools are for getting around her nerfs. Plus, she could always go for a lot of the "new" options even in 5, but no one did 'cause they weren't optimal in that version. I feel like I'm calling Emperor's clothes or something. Her "buff" in 5U was essentially that she can't hit critical burst as easily. It doesn't hurt Tina as much as it would hurt a lot of other characters, but it's not anything to be happy about. You could always just delay things a tiny bit and do the same tricks in 5.

EDIT: I mean, most of this stuff is just a tutorial on tick throw setups.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Virtuapai's find sure is interesting and it calms me a little bit. Still I believe her nerfs have to be reverted back, but it's nice to know I actually have options.
-This is just from minor lab work. The game is extremely young, and many new things will be found for the character!

TRI Mike

OK I tried what @virtuaPAI said about :K::H+P: being "guaranteed" if the opponent slowscapes the SDS but it seems to be very inconsistent. I put the AI to stagger in fastest and hold high but I got three random results. Sometimes Tina's kick hits, indeed giving her the throw, sometimes the kick is held by the AI, but other times the kick whiffs and the AI is just left there in the hold animation. It's very weird.

Doa_Eater

But don't get me wrong Mike those 3 moves need to get back to their old properties. It's just that there super buffs now, the veterans have their DOA3 air game back, meaning on flat even ground max stun threshold lunch u can 6pp6k air giantswing all the middleweights. And the sidestep throw got major buff in damage, 75 counter, 90 hi counter throw.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
You could juggle 6PP6K 8P 2T on vanilla 5 on mid weights as well. Also, pretty much everyone's throws (except Kokoro's) got buffed.

PacManila

How does everyone here deal with spacing with Tina? I think this has been my weakest spot in my playstyle. Most of the time, I don't know what to do and when I do lead in with stuff like 66K or 66P, I get beaten out a lot.

Doa_Eater

In training, dojo stage, set launcher on hi counter hit and try it. It is a really strict timing input but it works!

OolongTea

How does everyone here deal with spacing with Tina? I think this has been my weakest spot in my playstyle. Most of the time, I don't know what to do and when I do lead in with stuff like 66K or 66P, I get beaten out a lot.

:2::P+K: seems to do the trick for me, Pac. The :K: followup rarely gets beaten out, is safe, starts her FT game and if they try to hit you with quick highs, you're in a great/easy position to crush them with :3_::P:. Delay the :K: a bit to check if you should really attack or just complete the roll and do something else now that you're closer.

:6::6::P+K: is also great (linear, tho), lots of active frames and you get that awesome +6 on block with the distance.

Dash and max range :4::6::P: also seems not as beatable as :6::6::P: or :6::6::K: for me

OolongTea

FT after 2P+KK¿

Mike, It's almost the same as the 6H+K FT thing. At the right distance, it guarantees a :3_::P: FT afterwards (and of course if :3_::P: hits, the ground throw is also guaranteed, being faster). At close distance :3_::P: will not be guaranteed, BUT the other player has only 1F to get out of it (very hard to do, you can test it yourself).

Same setup works with :4::P+K: (max range), and you can get a guaranteed FT with the silly power launcher combo I posted above.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD