Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 13

They brought back Raidou for the sake of merchandising [what little there was anyway] so I doubt Lisa is kill. Ein is technically "dead" too since DoA2 but that doesn't stop him still showing up with the exception of vanilla DoA 5.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Ugh...please don't tempt them.

They are probabaly already brainstorming for this. XD I can already see the new VR features like VR groping and more in losing poses...

ztkoEoR.gif

Jadeinchains

O.M.G! Lol!

If that happened we could all say could bye to DOA or TN ever being taken serious again.

Also the only reason I don't think they'll kill her off is because of fanservice but I am worried.

Honestly I really didn't enjoy MKX that much and I do think a large part of that was that Jade wasn't in it so I don't want Lisa removed in this series.

Argentus

Mila is gonna change inevitably anyway and call it character development. I remember reading a certain Japanese message board that was translated where general consensus considered Mila "too plain" and "lacks grace" for one. Look at how much Hitomi changed to get an idea. Look forward to DoA 6 Mila being the clumsy, but good natured kohai of Tina that quits her job at the diner and works at a maid cafe instead. Her training at the gym will make the camera tease scene look tame.
This makes me so sad.

Although of note she and rig were designed with westerners in mind (as with all of 5 vanilla) and she is so American it hurts, of course Japanese wouldn't like her. But "lacking grace"? XD she's mma! Ground and pound! Just cause she's not doing dainty twirling slaps like most of the other girls doesn't mean she has no grace. that's the most graceful face pounding and knee to the ribs you've ever seen lol.
They are probabaly already brainstorming for this. XD I can already see the new VR features like VR groping and more in losing poses...

ztkoEoR.gif
So more guest mechanics from senran kagura? XD

O.M.G! Lol!

If that happened we could all say could bye to DOA or TN ever being taken serious again.

Also the only reason I don't think they'll kill her off is because of fanservice but I am worried.

Honestly I really didn't enjoy MKX that much and I do think a large part of that was that Jade wasn't in it so I don't want Lisa removed in this series.

I know that feeling. No Kamikirimusi in Soul Calibur in V made me lose interest pretty fast.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
When someone in the times of DOA3/DOA2U/DOA4 bashed the series when I mentioned it:
Guy: "Duuude, that titty fighter, lol?!"
Me: "*protectively explaines why this is a dumb stereotype and that basically all fighters are sexualizing their women equally by now and some of them have become much more shameless than DOA in that regard blah blah*

When someone bashes the series now when I mention it:
Guy: "Bruuuh, that titty fighter, lol?!"
Me: "...

HS3u7xa.gif

..."

werewolfgold

I know that feeling. No Kamikirimusi in Soul Calibur in V made me lose interest pretty fast.
I have no idea why you would have even expected her to be in SCV.

TN and/or KT have really tarnished the fans' opinions of them and this game and you can see that here and just about anywhere people talk about DOA

Kinda sad but completely understandable
I mean, somebody is still buying all of this DLC regardless of quality. They must not have tarnished enough opinions for it to matter.

Chapstick

I come bearing academic research

Disclaimer- I'm going by ratings which don't show how many downloads there have been but show the least possible amount

Adding together the last five dlc packs on both the JP and US stores, it comes out to 789 buys from Japan and 190 from the US. That comes to 76% of the purchases coming from Japan.

What I found more interesting was the ratings on the games themselves. Japan must be much more likely to buy the physical disc.

Core fighters:
(US) 16795 ratings, 37.2k likes
(JP) 3416 ratings, 5.6k likes

Full digital version
(US) 1329 ratings
(JP) 1153 ratings

Darkton93

So once again I like something (Kasumi and Ayane's costumes) that no one else does. And I mean NO ONE. Do you know what it's like being the only person who has my opinions? It's not fun! It's soul grinding in its sheer isolation and lonliness, just being the one guy who thinks something's good when everyone else disagrees, often loudly. I don't like being the only one who likes just about anything here! Maybe I need a new forum...

Anyway, the reason I like them is that they remind me of Kill La Kill, and they'd go really well with the Side Ponytails each of them had. I'm calling Ayane's Chouketsu (Chou is Japanese for Butterfly) and Kasumi's Hanaketsu (Hana being Japanese for flower.)

Chapstick

So once again I like something (Kasumi and Ayane's costumes) that no one else does. And I mean NO ONE. Do you know what it's like being the only person who has my opinions? It's not fun! It's soul grinding in its sheer isolation and lonliness, just being the one guy who thinks something's good when everyone else disagrees, often loudly. I don't like being the only one who likes just about anything here! Maybe I need a new forum...

Anyway, the reason I like them is that they remind me of Kill La Kill, and they'd go really well with the Side Ponytails each of them had. I'm calling Ayane's Chouketsu (Chou is Japanese for Butterfly) and Kasumi's Hanaketsu (Hana being Japanese for flower.)
I would like them if the whole thing was the dragon looking armor. Instead half is like torn stuff with a plain bra from walmart.

But hey, if you like it, more power to you

P2p1mbs

As silly as the "suits" look, i personally dont dislike them simply because they're free. my only issue with them is that they're not destructible (understandable given how revealing they already are).

i think it says something about the community that people keep whining about the quality of free stuff...

Argentus

As silly as the "suits" look, i personally dont dislike them simply because they're free. my only issue with them is that they're not destructible (understandable given how revealing they already are).

i think it says something about the community that people keep whining about the quality of free stuff...
Free crap is still crap especially when we got this free crap for only two characters instead of the regularly scheduled paid crap fro multiple characters

But seriously its just the fact that its literally only one costume torn in half and given to two girls. If it was full armor it'd actually be pretty cool.

Then we'd be free to bitch about how its just Kasumi and Ayane, and nobody else.

Again.

Kudos for creativity.

I personally like Mila's bedtime dlc just because a) personal fetish (girls in just long shirts and panties), and b) I pretend its the button up from her c2 (seriously what a missed opportunity)

Xhominid The Demon Within

Free crap is still crap especially when we got this free crap for only two characters instead of the regularly scheduled paid crap fro multiple characters

Not really helping proving his point...

I come bearing academic research

Disclaimer- I'm going by ratings which don't show how many downloads there have been but show the least possible amount

Adding together the last five dlc packs on both the JP and US stores, it comes out to 789 buys from Japan and 190 from the US. That comes to 76% of the purchases coming from Japan.

What I found more interesting was the ratings on the games themselves. Japan must be much more likely to buy the physical disc.

Core fighters:
(US) 16795 ratings, 37.2k likes
(JP) 3416 ratings, 5.6k likes

Full digital version
(US) 1329 ratings
(JP) 1153 ratings

Atleast you point out the fact that you are only going by the ratings.
And you also can't factor in DOA5LRCF and the DLC bought from there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD