Status
Not open for further replies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

DLC so far have been 2 weeks apart, so judging that continues then Ninja 3 will be the 7th.

And we'll likely see Aloha, Beach Party, Showstoppers and New Challengers on the 21st if they don't just release the Last Getaway pack (which includes all four packs plus 2 costumes for Sarah and Pai)

Indeed. I hope they release showstoppers encore and the Sarah and Pai outfits so I can FINALLY COMPLETE MY PREORDER DLC COLLECTION *sobs because he literally bought the game like 3 times in an attempt to do this*

Also: in the same deviantart where that Hikage image came from, I like the white marie one.

Aspect

Looked at the SK costume selection on the store and they are charging $2.99 each? I guess the collab warranted an extra dollar, because I've always bought new ones at $1.99 each

KING JAIMY

Looked at the SK costume selection on the store and they are charging $2.99 each? I guess the collab warranted an extra dollar, because I've always bought new ones at $1.99 each
Yeah, it's kinda cheap they did that actually. However, considering that the pack is pretty damn good imo, it might be worth the extra buck for most people.

Kronin

I have 2 questions:
-What does the "detail" option on the character select screen mean? (I know for SOME costumes, it's their underwear but what about the outfits that don't have the underwear showing)

This changes from case to case (for example the socks in Pai's casual one, the presence or less of the outfits accessories for Jann Lee's C1 and C4. The options where the detail is not related only to the underwear are few, but I think that is funny to experiment with the characters for discovering them.

okay so apparently she isnt the only one. Maybe it's the movies mode only goes up to E? I'm not sure really someone should mention this to TN

EDIT: After doing some more looking, i noticed that yes in movies mode it only goes up to E universally. This though, really is only a problem for That particular outfit, and for only Lei Fang ayane kasumi and kokoro because Ayane and Leifang have 4 hairstyles with and without a mask, and Kasumi and Kokoro have 5 hairstyles.

SECOND EDIT: Kasumi and Kokoro also only have 4 of their 5 styles in the ninja outfit with and without a mask. Kokor's second bead choice is not there, and Kasumis Blue Ribbon isnt either.

Most everyone else has like 2 or 3 different hairstyles. TECHNICALLY Kokoro would (or should) have the most with 6 hairstyles, but they removed one of the four beads she had with her default hairstyle so she only has 5.

one more note: You would think that 4 different hairstyles is nice but....TN basically only uses (for most everyone) one of these styles:

Braid (of some kind)
Pigtails
Loose (either as straight, or in some other style like with Christie and Momiji)
Ponytail

Also Kasumi uses everyone of the above styles:
Her default is a ponytail
Second is braided Ponytail
Third is loose
Then the ponytail with blue ribbon
Then the side ponytail (which techincally is a single pigtail in a sense)

Okay one more edit:
The only other "style" in the game is the short style, used only by a few characters (mila tina and lisa as well as christie to be exact) as well as the two "unqiue" styles TN gave to Lisa and Mila for DOA5LR which is Lisa's white colored hair and Mila with the hairclips (which I actually think looks good for her)

One other thing I think should be fixed/given is the ability to choose multiple hair colors and glasses for every outfit, on the characters who have more than one of those.

Sorry for the late reply Immortal_Knight, but from your post in the end I didn't undertand if the customization window in the movie section reports in a faithful way all the kind of hairstyles really present when you select the character in the game, or if instead it lack of some of them. Please could you clarify this to me?

Last edited:
Right Kronin Sorry. To clarify:

The movie selection does report in a faithful way all the kind of hairstyles present for each character. The only thing not present would be if each hairstyle had an accessory also with it (as is the case with the ninja clan dlc)

This is because the movie section only allows selection of Hairstyles up to E (or 5 different choices).

That's understandable though, since for the most part everyone only has 5 choices or less anyway for most everyones dlc.

But I think I understand the issue as relates to Lei Fang's ninja dlc. TN (for whatever reason) decided to use just the first five choices for her which actually skips out on her 4th hairstyle.

Edit: Just checked, and yes this is the case.

Kronin

Right Kronin Sorry. To clarify:

The movie selection does report in a faithful way all the kind of hairstyles present for each character. The only thing not present would be if each hairstyle had an accessory also with it (as is the case with the ninja clan dlc)

This is because the movie section only allows selection of Hairstyles up to E (or 5 different choices).

That's understandable though, since for the most part everyone only has 5 choices or less anyway for most everyones dlc.

But I think I understand the issue as relates to Lei Fang's ninja dlc. TN (for whatever reason) decided to use just the first five choices for her which actually skips out on her 4th hairstyle. Gonna double check on that though.

Thanks for the reply! But so is there a case where a character has at least 6 different choices but in the movie section you can select just up to E/the fifht one? So cutting the chance to see a possible option in the movie section?

Pretty much yeah. But actually there are cases (with this new ninja dlc) where there are EIGHT different choices. Granted, this only applies to the few girls in the game who have four different hairstyles (because on the ninja dlc kasumi and kokoros 5th hairstyle wasn't included as a choice because redundant basically) one with a mask and one without, for a total of eight choices.

Also as I mentioned previously it's interesting that they replaced one of kokoro's hairstyles with the new one so as to not give her 6 choices....

Originally in DOA5 she had four choices (which was the same hairstyle essentially but with different colored beads lol) Then finally she got that side ponytail for a fifth choice. Now with the inclusion of this new ponytail they removed the (i believe) fourth original bead choice. Or am I wrong and she only ever had 3 bead choices?

UpSideDownGRUNT

Something else I noticed is that what used to be detail options in Ultimate are now hair options.

Example would be the science coat on Rachels school dlc and the serong on Ayanes tropical swimsuit.(which until I discovered this I thought you couldn't toggle off in LR.

Kronin

Thanks again for the reply @Immortal_Knight, by the way I think that some hairstyles were really cut, just like you said. Not only that Leifang's one in her ninja outfit, but even Phase 4 seems to have missed her braid ponytail in that outfit. However I will try to experiment with it later (even if my options are limited because I own the Xbox 360 version waiting for unlocking the PC one hopefully tomorrow).

About Kokoro I don't remember if she had 3 or 4 bead choices in Doa5/5U, I could check even this later =)

UpSideDownGRUNT

Kokoro has 3 bead choices, the low sidetail and the new braided ponytail (not to be confused with a braided tail like Kasumis) I'm fairly certain of that.

Fredi

And we'll likely see Aloha, Beach Party, Showstoppers and New Challengers on the 21st if they don't just release the Last Getaway pack (which includes all four packs plus 2 costumes for Sarah and Pai)

I hope those costumes for Last Round on PS3 too :)

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
Hello guys, how do I get that bikini white of Honoka that appears in this video:
(1:18:15)

its was only available to first print copies of doa5lr in japan and in the limited japanese versions.

your going to have to wait til tn releases the pre-order bonus dlc overseas.

RetroMe91

Honestly, I bet they release that first. Out of all of the possible preorder incentives that was the least available. I have it on my JPN account (my least played). I feel like they will release the First Press edition first because they can make the most money off of it for two reasons: less people have them and they will be bundled with gravure videos. The other girls all have swimsuits readily available. In my opinion, and from a business stand point, if they release the other swimsuit packs (which will have an obvious bundle) first, then they will make less money because these swimsuits are very bland, some people only want one swimsuit, and many people don't care for the gravure videos. There would be less reason the buy the first press edition if they release the other swimsuits first.

WisperG

Apparently there's a listing in the Steam database for a "Fun Theme" DLC set.

Of note is that it's file-size is almost twice as big as some of the other DLC sets listed (Halloween, Gravure, Ninja). While this could mean a full roster costume set, there's gotta be something more to it than that since the Ninja DLC only has one listing (presumably all 30 costumes in one large set), yet is significantly smaller in file-size :confused:

Speculate away!

EDIT:
Actually, disregard this. Upon closer inspection I realized this is actually already in the store. It's just a bundle of all the 5U DLC :(

Kodachi

Standard Donor
ORlgUit.png

hmm.. seems reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD