Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

The costume designs suck but I do actually like the art and was hoping to see each girls face drawn by him.

Woulda liked seeing each girl drawn in their signature outfit by this artist. Tina in her silver wrestling outfit, mila in her c2, Rachel in her dominatrix leather, leifang in her dress, etc.

Why get some dude to design outfits for them when the community does it much better :confused:
Ehm....to be honest like half the fan designs are like these anyway so that's not fair. Gotta cherry pick the good submissions.

In hindsight, Soul Calibur did this so much better back in 4. The costumes for the guest characters designed by anime artists were gorgeous.

Last edited:

Argentus

The August costume pack is officially a swimsuit pack, according to the New Costume Pass 2 on the Xbox One Marketplace.
So another month straight of nothing.
Great...

Hm.

Got an idea.

We should regularly do fan designs again. Do our own theme packs.

Either
A) pick a theme each couple of weeks then we do costumes based on that theme
Or
B) wait for official dlc packs then design our own costumes based on the dlc's theme.

This is both for fun and to see if we really can make better costumes than they actually release.

Consider it a community project.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Everyone who missed out on Ayane's costume on the Xbox One Marketplace for the set that was $3, you can now download it. Just go to the set you downloaded, manage your download and you'll see that Ayane's costume is ready to install.

@BLAZE
@Lady Tengu

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, I completely missed, that new costume DLC is already out. XD *read through the 10 last pages*

First of all, who is Tamiki Wakaki? >__> Not only do his/her artwork look kinda amateurish (the ones in the video), but his/her costume designs are also of, let's say, an acquired taste.
This said, the costume models seem to be of unusually good quality. High polygon count and good textures. Are these maybe the first current console generation exclusives? Hmm...apparently not really. They are also available for PS3...but not Xbox360. o . O

Last edited:

AsheMann21

I found these on Tumblr.
momiji design.jpg
marie design.jpg
ayane design.jpg
Tactical Frills

Argentus

Hm.

Got an idea.

Either
Or
B) wait for official dlc packs then design our own costumes based on the dlc's theme.

This is both for fun and to see if we really can make better costumes than they actually release.
You'd think they'd have learned from the contests that cutesy art doesn't mean its going to translate in game well. -_-

Sonicfan11589

So another month straight of nothing.
Great...

Hm.

Got an idea.

Either
Or

Consider it a community project.
So that means a new outfit for Sarah (and Pai). I'll take it, I really wish the VF fighters had more outfits.

Argentus

It also seems, as if they have ditched the plan, to make at least two or three male costumes per DLC pack. This one has no guys, the swimsuit pack will very likely also have no guys among them. And I thought, TN had learned... *sighs*
Sadly I think its because they DID learn.

C-String is the hottest thing that ever invented.

The main purpose is for ladies who doesn't want to have bikini panty strings ruining their fashion or create a tan line around their hip.

Please tell me you're joking. Cstrings are gross.

It just looks like fucked up pubic hair. Like a hair net for the cooch.

If they don't want string lines just go to a damn nude beach and be done with it. Wearing just a patch makes you look like an idiot.

Last edited:

Blash

More colour swaps! Some look ok, Phase4 is the best IMO. At least Tina is included this time.

I don't like the artists drawings! They look as generic as generic can be. Same stuff every kid who likes modern anime draws. There are better artists on this forum then this guy!

As a long time TN fan, I (and many others I know of who don't post here), are loosing faith completely in what they have done with DOA5. And the funny thing is, Capcom who were the previous culprit with their alpha plus final super extreme champion editions are now doing one title with dlc upgrades.

Whats happening to the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD