Dealing with sub accounts/ trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John P.

Ok let's all be honest and say how hard the gp system is on you. you could win 3 ppl higher ranks then you, but then comes along an S rank who makes a new account to be an E rank and you lose more then you started. How do you guys deal with this as I'm constantly spending hours working up about 500 GP in an hour only to lose 700 in one match to someone who's obviously trolling (low gamerscore/ freshly made account). One way is that is they have a character that is not kasumi or it has 0 cp under most used character, more then likely its a troll account. also if they have gold fighter titles yet low rank, probably a player that already knows the game too well.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
There's not much you can really do in this situation....it just is what it is. Some of these players probably aren't trolling either, they could just want a fresh start too in some cases.

John P.

There's not much you can really do in this situation....it just is what it is. Some of these players probably aren't trolling either, they could just want a fresh start too in some cases.
not all are but when they overkill or taunt and message you git god its the most annoying cuz they are well aware of what they are doing

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That is an annoyance, it used to bother me but I don't really worry about how others think I play, the people who belittle you probably lose all the time and when they finally do beat you, they talk big to sate their own insecurity. As for overkill, I just do it right back, but most players I come across prefer taunting which is even more annoying.

Giannola

Ok let's all be honest and say how hard the gp system is on you. you could win 3 ppl higher ranks then you, but then comes along an S rank who makes a new account to be an E rank and you lose more then you started. How do you guys deal with this as I'm constantly spending hours working up about 500 GP in an hour only to lose 700 in one match to someone who's obviously trolling (low gamerscore/ freshly made account). One way is that is they have a character that is not kasumi or it has 0 cp under most used character, more then likely its a troll account. also if they have gold fighter titles yet low rank, probably a player that already knows the game too well.
I realized a while ago that rank doesn't mean anything, because as you say it's manipulated by some, as well as the fact that a lot of players don't bother with rank. However, if you do care about gp/cp, well now you know that there's some who manipulate rank. as well as good players that only play rank rarely or switch platforms, so they are low rank. That's just the way it is, you do have the option of only playing high ranks if that's your choice. Otherwise deal with the system as it is/ stop caring too much about rank.

jjinkou2

Only good behaviour for your self-estime : Don't take online seriously.
Just play rank for a small challenge. I lost countless time against badnetwork players. Just play in lobby.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Only good behaviour for your self-estime : Don't take online seriously.
Just play rank for a small challenge. I lost countless time against badnetwork players. Just play in lobby.
Pretty much this, or better yet, avoid Rank all together. Thats where all the trash(bad mannered) players seem to dwell anyway.

I have much more fun in Lobby.

Mr Armageddon X

After 2 runs of ranked in Vanilla and Ultimate, I now just do Random Select on Ranked in LR just for fun and to mix things up with CP.

Gurimmjaw

I would do something like this in DoA5 Ultimate and Last Round. Reason because on my main account when they see my rank they decline. So on an F rank account they accept. That's one of the reasons I'll sometimes use my sub account. Why do people go in rank and not play and just decline all day?

John P.

I would do something like this in DoA5 Ultimate and Last Round. Reason because on my main account when they see my rank they decline. So on an F rank account they accept. That's one of the reasons I'll sometimes use my sub account. Why do people go in rank and not play and just decline all day?
I do once ill be in demotion status, the game should have a much better grading system, it's hard to accept anyone lower rank because you have a chance a losing a ton of points,i accept because i believe it's unfair to the players if i don't.

Gurimmjaw

I do once ill be in demotion status, the game should have a much better grading system, it's hard to accept anyone lower rank because you have a chance a losing a ton of points,i accept because i believe it's unfair to the players if i don't.

Thats the problem. Rank is already pretty much dead, and more frustrating when you get declined everytime. Everyone is too much worried about their points. You have more chance of losing much points from a disconnect than a player with a new record.

HHH816

that's why i bought the game early and kill all the noob to get my C- rank.

then i stop playing rank.

on serious note
1) fight player within your rank
2) play with good connection

SoftCabbage

I've seen people with LR rank beat those in A rank.

I think you can just forget about it anyway. After all, being practically good matters more than just having a letter slapped on the top of the screen.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Or we could just make rank permanent in lobbies so that everyone can suffer, you can go into a lobby and steal it all away. Take everything away from them and what's precious to them. It would be much more delicious that way.

So far my only gripe with rank matches is when they skip you. It consumes too much time just to sit there+wait and then you find out that those two-star emerald or three stars refuse to play you.

HHH816

you've become a bakemonda (monter in japanese)

any sane mind will think twice accepting your challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD