Dead or Alive 5 - Opening Declaration Trailer!!!

Paulina

OMG. I am fangirling out right now!! ^^ That was sooo legit!

And is it just me or does Sarah look more like Helena than Helena herself? They both look great, but I think I need a while to get used to her new look. The Caucasian characters definitely went through the bigger changes face-wise.
Like a few others have said, I'm also happy they played with facial features and differentiated everyone under the new graphics system (i.e. Brad looking older, Eliot looking more eurocentric). And I think Helena's face is less "chibi" and more angular, a la Christie, because of something Shinigamimatt said.

It is weird that Helena is promoting the next tournament. Especially since she was done with it by the end of DOA4. To see her with DOATEC still after knowing she was just another tool is suspicious.
Exactly. I have a feeling she's gone to the "dark side," and -- like Christie -- is one of the bad guy characters now. She was more morally ambiguous in 4. She did try to martyr herself and take all three tritowers down with her, but she also shot Anne (one of her father's mistresses, who presumably put out the hit on her mother) in the face. Plus, she would've busted a cap in Kasumi, if it hadn't been for Hayabusa. ...Yeah, she's pretty dang evil.

In terms of Helena's redesign, her eyes are significantly smaller than other Caucasian women like Tina, and even Christie, I think. Also, in that shot where she's in Bayman's vision, she had visibly dark eye makeup and sunken, under-eye circles. Relative to the other girls, at least -- just enough for her to still look "hot." Anyway, all of these traits are typically associated with more mature and less innocent women (as opposed to wide-eyed and childlike Kasumi, Tina, et al). It may just be the lighting, though.

Anyway, if I may offer some of my own observations. :helena:

I'm still so excited. ^^ God dang. Been waiting so long for you, Helena. I love her blue costume with the tailcoat and black wedges. She's wearing wedges! Omg! (I live in wedge flip-flops). In comparison to her old leather catsuit, I'm really digging the new look. I hope that's her default outfit. I'm also happy they toned down her bow. The old one was too cartoony...the black lace is really pretty, too. A nice compromise.

In terms of her voice, I can't tell if it's the woman from Dimensions (who was pretty bad, in my opinion) or Karen Strassman, her voice actress from some older games (in my opinion the better Helena). A clip of Karen Strassman talking in character can be heard here.

Knowxscape

i am so hyped for this game.
Helena looks gorgeous as expected. The cinematics look awesome and that intro song by Chosen1 is pretty sweet too. Brad, Gen Fu, and Eliot were the icing on the cake.
Can't wait for more reveal trailers this month.

Xion

My fav stage from 4 was the one with the cherry blossom tress all over, I hope there is a stage kinda like that one in 5

5sakura.jpg

Rubedood

Not a bad Video.

Kokoro in glasses is adorable
unmasked Lisa looks sexy
Gen Fu looks exacly the same, lol
Brad and Eliot look much more mature
Helena looks fantastic.

Can't wait to see how they are in motion

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Wonder when the Japanese language version will go up. I want to re-watch the trailer with the voices I've grown accustomed to. It'd be a bonus if the music was drastically different too. Maybe an old Britney Spears song? Hell, I'd take a Justin Bieber song at this point. All improvements.

bingsoo

Wonder when the Japanese language version will go up. I want to re-watch the trailer with the voices I've grown accustomed to. It'd be a bonus if the music was drastically different too. Maybe an old Britney Spears song? Hell, I'd take a Justin Bieber song at this point. All improvements.

I was wondering.. I never played DoA4, but did you have the option to switch the vocal language in that game? Or was it set at English with no alternative?

Doug Nguyen

And people complain that I'm hard to please. =P

I'm pretty sure that's a selectable outfit as no one else appeared to have story mode specific outfits in the trailer.

What does she say on the phone though? "Niece?"

Could this be from the train stage..?

View attachment 274

This heliport looks like it's on the back of an ocean vessel:

View attachment 275
Kinda looks like the train stage but i bet its not exactly on the roof. Looks unfinished, the graphics look bland. So i hope its not the train stage.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I was wondering.. I never played DoA4, but did you have the option to switch the vocal language in that game? Or was it set at English with no alternative?

There was never English voice in the main DoA titles, so this is the first time it'll be an option. I think DoAX2 had it, but don't quote me on that.

Vanity Assassin

Well it needs to be in Japanese, the English

I'd like to see that too.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
DOA2Hardcore, DOAX2 and DOAD have English voiceovers.

So I missed DoA2 Hardcore then. The other two aren't in the core franchise. Japanese has been the series mainstay for VO in any case and it'll be on immediately when I get the game.

UnD34D

So I missed DoA2 Hardcore then. The other two aren't in the core franchise. Japanese has been the series mainstay for VO in any case and it'll be on immediately when I get the game.
Hm, I don't remember English in DOA2H, but I really only played it to make Tina look like a rape victim.

UnD34D

Options-Language-Japanese. Must.

They do don't worry.
This is gonna sound weirder than I mean it to, but the grunts are still the original VA's. I noticed with Jann Lee and his Watah's first, but then I noticed Tina's too. also

:ein: "I'm coming" ROFL
:leifang: "Hello!" LOL!!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD