Could Team Ninja be making a Senran Kagura fighting game?

Rachel the fiend Slayer

As many know, Team Ninja and Marvelous are collaborating together with DOA5LR and SKEV.

I thought that both games would just be giving costumes to each franchise but I don't think that'll be the case since it wouldn't really benifit much if both companies did that plus they are both totally different publishers and collabs like that don't usually happen among different publishers. Also, Senran Kagura Estival Versus is a PS4 game so I don't think Xbox players could get them and TN doesn't do console exclusive costumes except for the Xbox girls costumes and even then that was because DOA2U was exclusive for Xbox. Plus TN wouldn't announce the collaboration if it was just costumes.

I think it may be likely that TN is making a Senran Kagura fighting game like how Arc Systems works made Persona 4 Arena for Atlus. And perhaps some of the DOA girls (Kasumi, Ayane, Momiji, and Rachel most likely) would be the guest characters.

I think a Senran Kagura FG would be great, the game is really awesome and has great gameplay, diverse and interesting characters, and a well developed story.

Kasumi

I rather have them using their time to make a decent Ninja Gaiden game or to make something cool with DOA, maybe and adventure game or something outside fighting.

Banana56

Sigh, can I just get a Ninja Gaiden 4 please D:

69293d206d09232b86b38a916141ab92e7a0715af57c398230dff9f355b2e189.jpg

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
I personally find the senran kagura series rather bland, I have the 3ds game, it was fun but repetitive ( pretty much guilty pleasure)

there's alot of fanservice but that wasn't the problem.

so i rather they not make a fighting game out it XD

they could do plenty other games instead.

WisperG

I realize this post if almost 3 months old at this point, but since the thread got bumped, and a few things that were said are bugging me and have not been address by other users, I'm gonna comment anyways.

I thought that both games would just be giving costumes to each franchise but I don't think that'll be the case since it wouldn't really benifit much if both companies did that plus they are both totally different publishers and collabs like that don't usually happen among different publishers.
Cross-company promotional collaborations are actually not that uncommon in Japan. Look at the Tales Of series for example. Tons of crossover anime/game costumes, most of which aren't from other Bamco properties.

The benefit would be that a crossover promotion is a great way to convince SK fans to pick up the latest DOA, and vice-versa.

Also, Senran Kagura Estival Versus is a PS4 game so I don't think Xbox players could get them and TN doesn't do console exclusive costumes except for the Xbox girls costumes and even then that was because DOA2U was exclusive for Xbox.
That didn't stop the Ragnarok Odyssey costume from being released for Xbox. While Estival Versus is, the SK series as a whole isn't Sony exclusive. The main series is on the 3DS. Because it's already a multiplatform series, it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal to release a costume pack on Xbox.

Plus TN wouldn't announce the collaboration if it was just costumes.
I... don't really understand what this means. If the collaboration is indeed just a costume pack, then that's exactly what they're going to announce :confused:

Having said all that, I do think an SK fighting game would be a great idea. Such a thing actually crossed my mind just yesterday. But I honestly don't think that's what the collaboration will be, seeing as how it's only been plugged specifically as a DOAxSK collab, rather than a general Team Ninja thing.

Last edited:

Argentus

What we can be certain of, however, is that whatever they make, will be exclusively about/for the ninjas, because fuck everyone else, apparently.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD