Child of Light

PuertoRicanStyL

Anybody going to get this game?

When the very first preview/trailer thing first came out, it didn't really peek my interest at all. But some more stuff about it was on the home page of the Xbox dashboard again a few days ago, showing the artwork on it, and that kind of got me to want to see more of it again. Cause I think those hand drawn worlds are pretty awesome, and the game just seems to have some epic aura surrounding it, hahah. So I thought I'd give it another fair shot.

And come to find out. The game is wayyy deeper than I thought it would be, and looks like it's going to be a really good game. The story is written in rhymes too.. That's kinda coo. While I can't get it the day it comes out like I would like to, I'm definitely getting this game as soon as I can. It's a downloadable title for $14.99 and will be available for pretty much everything. PC, 360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Wii U, all that.

Here's a couple videos that give a pretty good gist of what the game will be.

First 10 minutes of the game. There's other videos that go farther, but I don't want to spoil too much of it. This is as far as I go, hahah.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'll be getting it on Xbox One. Looks great and what they're doing with the script is incredibly appealing to me.

Also, it's 'pique' not 'peek'.

PuertoRicanStyL

Also, it's 'pique' not 'peek'.

Yea, I knew that. I just wanted to see uhhh, if anyone would catch that.. Yea, that's it. lol. Nah, thanks. I'll remember that :)

And awesome. I bet this game will look amazing on the Xbox One. I wonder how much difference there will be in the details and all that. Just to see.. I'm sure somebody will make comparison videos.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
There will be videos I'm sure. I may capture some myself. When I heard there was a party member that actually messes up the rhyming on purpose I was sold. Those kinds of things are awesome.

PuertoRicanStyL

So due to some unforseen events, I was able to get this game day one. And yo.. This game is amazing. Having the story/dialogue written as a poem/in poetry is really something. Only things I'd like to be able to do is, save whenever and be able to pause during the cut scenes. I'm only about 30-45 minutes into it. But it's been really good so far.

That's all I'm going to say about it. ^_^

Last edited:

PuertoRicanStyL

Haven't been able to connect to the Uplay thing yet. Keeps saying it's not in service. But that's ok. I'm sure they'll get it working eventually. No one on my friends list plays this anyways, hahah. Wouldn't want to spoil the exploring for em too though.

Also, saving anytime isn't much of a problem it wouldn't seem.
For it auto saves after battles, dialogue and many things in between.

LOL. This game is seriously doing this to me, hahah. Can't believe some of the Final Fantasy players here haven't picked this game up... Seems like it's just us two, so far.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Uplay is working fine for me and has been since the start. The rewards for this game are shit, though. Don't waste your time. I'm somewhere in chapter 3 at the moment but don't really have a ton of time to play the next couple days.

xLeilax

The art in the game is beautiful! I never realized it was a rpg up until now which makes it much more appealing to me. I might treat myself to this once i finish my uni deadline. ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD