Character Customization

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I don't imagine they were using their best art assets for a 3DS title really.

Only reference we have for DOA 5 so far is hayate, which I sort of liked... at least its darker, yea?

Anyway, VF5 customization would be king.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Now, seriously speaking, A way to customize the cast's clothes would be amazing, like in VF5. Give us a bunch of "base" costumes and let us buy extra things by winning matches online and offline.

Or simply ask us, the players, which costumes we want in the game because it's been proved the new Team Ninja sucks at making costumes, most of the ones in Dimensions are horrible.
Fixed.

Christie's exclusive DLC costume is far from horrible. =)

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I don't imagine they were using their best art assets for a 3DS title really.
Only reference we have for DOA 5 so far is hayate, which I sort of liked... at least its darker, yea?
Actually, it seems like they were using watered down DOA5 assets for Dimensions to me. Almost all of the characters have that darker tone to them, particularly the males.

Christie's exclusive DLC costume is far from horrible. =)
I don't think the purple really suits her.

HokutoNoBen

Going along with the choir at this point, but I would probably be happier with something akin to VF's way handling things. Especially if it was a means to get some of those older costumes back from DOA's history, and maybe even make some nice alterations.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Yea Ein's orange jacket really says "This world is too grim for the likes of children".
It's a much more down to Earth outfit than any others he's had in previous games. He wouldn't stand out of a crowd in that outfit with the exception of maybe the large amount of red, otherwise it's his most normal outfit yet. He's sort of a bad example of the darker tone in Dimensions, the one I would point to immediately is Jann Lee. Then Leon, Bayman and Gen Fu. All their models look noticeably more serious.

6315896688_cd312160a1_z.jpg

6315382909_30f9ba5ee1_z.jpg

6315900296_ee2ab9cedc_z.jpg

6315385845_cb70cde143_z.jpg

HokutoNoBen

It's a much more down to Earth outfit than any others he's had in previous games. He wouldn't stand out of a crowd in that outfit with the exception of maybe the large amount of red, otherwise it's his most normal outfit yet. He's sort of a bad example of the darker tone in Dimensions, the one I would point to immediately is Jann Lee. Then Leon, Bayman and Gen Fu. All their models look noticeably more serious.

Don't forget Busa. Unmasked, the guy looks quite a bit more serious and less "bishie" than he did in past games (especially in the art for NG: DS).

Dr Sexual

I'd be happier with a simple inclusion of classic costumes over customization.

And make it so that you unlock at least a couple of them based on long term dedication so that years from now we can still be unlocking costumes (1000 wins with a character, 5000 wins with a character, 10,000 ect.)

That way when you see a particular costume you automatically know that the player has put in work with said character. Of course they'll be some people glitching and boosting to get the costumes but thats just the nature of online gaming and wouldnt really take away from the fun of trying to get them legit.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
10,000 matches is a lot of matches to boost. I'd say if someone has that much dedication, let them have the damn thing hahaha.

But yea, long term, "unique" outfits would be nice.

OSTCarmine

Dont know if somebody posted this yet, but KOFXIII has Yuri with an Ayane costume :)
Why dont we try something like that? Costume Crossovers are cool right? Im not an authority on cool, but I think they are lol
Here's what I would like to see
1|Bayman wearing SF2 Guile costume. Simple outfit with a Camo vest, cargo pants and boots. Bayman needs some less complicated attire IMO
2|LeiFang wearing MOTW Hotaru costume, complete with hairstyle and pet ferret. Hotaru is just super cute
3|Jann Lee wearing KOF2k2 Kyo costume. To be honest, Ein could probably also pull this one off, perhaps even better than Lee
4|All of the ninjas wearing Naruto themed costumes, just for the lolz
5|Ayane wearing KOF Yuri costume, to show them that TN can play ball

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hayashi and Shimbori laughed when they saw the Hokuto no Ken Kenshiro mod for Jann Lee (Same Voice Actor mind you).

Gill Hustle

Or simply ask us, the players, which costumes we want in the game because it's been proved the new Team Ninja sucks at making costumes, the ones in Dimensions are horrible.

:ayane: was all good except I didn't get my DOAU faves, but there's still hope for DOA5 . . .which reminds me I need to finish "that thing" for Team Ninja.

Stay Tuned . . .

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD