Character Comparison Advice

FREESTEPDODGE!!! lol. Your friendly neighborhood ninja here. I've been a long time player of hitomi and while I still love here I feel like it's time for a change. For different reasons mainly bordem but also because I feel like she's holding me back from moving to the next level. I don't know of any local players of high skill to train with so I'm stuck with online for now. I want to start getting into tournaments and I'm strongly considering entering final round. My new character choices are Jan, Kokoro, Hayate, Busa. I know that's a lot but I'm indecisive right now. I would say I'm more of an offensive fighter. Almost to the point of rushdown. I'd like for skilled players to advise on which character they think would be best for my playstyle and their perspective on the pros and cons of each player from high-level tournament stand point. If that's a lil too vague just let me know.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'd like for skilled players to advise on which character they think would be best for my playstyle
While I'm not exactly a "skilled player," my recommendation would be to dick around in training mode with all of those characters that you're thinking about and then pick up the one of the bunch that just feels right to you. Otherwise you're going to find yourself in the same situation where you feel like you're being held back by the character. That's just me though.

Tones

Premium Donor
Screw around online, in training and watch videos to find new ideas on how you can play.

Brute

Standard Donor
If you want high-risk, high-reward, go with Hayabusa. You will have to learn how to play defensively, though, and while he can be effective at rushdown, it will take more practice than with the other 3.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
It brought a tear to my eye last night going against Jan Lees. The garbage has been taken out, and they actually have to learn how to play him, rather than abusing gimmicks.

Brute

Standard Donor
Brute I'm taking the warriors path. I have been converted to strictly BUSA. This is a momentous day.
Welcome to the path of the Singular Super Ninja, my friend. Know that the way of the Shinobi is terribly harsh, but also kicks ass!
P+K4 into Ongyoin MMMMM ME LIKE :)
6K, 3PP, P+K4, P+K, PP, Izuna
Such a wonderful combo...

Anyway, if you ever want some pointers or basic strategies for Ryu, just let me know and I'd be happy help. Otherwise, have fun! You made the right call. ;)

Jaguar360

Welcome to the path of the Singular Super Ninja, my friend. Know that the way of the Shinobi is terribly harsh, but also kicks ass!

6K, 3PP, P+K4, P+K, PP, Izuna
Such a wonderful combo...

Anyway, if you ever want some pointers or basic strategies for Ryu, just let me know and I'd be happy help. Otherwise, have fun! You made the right call. ;)
lol I was just about to go to the Hayabusa section to look for a CB setup. Thanks Brute!

I love that combo. I found it by accident actually. I was looking for different ways to force tech people into izunas and have been having a fair amount of success.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD