Character changes and likes/dislikes..

Is it just me or is the new way the characters fall in some situations weird. Also I love the addition of the in depth tutorial mode and combo challenge.Love the stages and new costumes. Don't care about tag. I love What they did with my main hitomi. I also love the addition of ein, who will be my new main or strong second at some point. I hate what they did to my main from DOA5 which was mila. In my opinion I feel like mila has gotten eviscerated. The tackle cancel attacks...so slow.. Hate it. What do you guys think?

David Gregg

I also love what they did to Hitomi (my second main who will most likely now be my first)

Hate what they did to Eliot.... -_-

Regardless, game overall is much better to me. It's packed full of content and the new stages help make up for many of the dull original ones. Costumes look much better also.

Argentus

Like Leon being so freaking strong, but hate his new face. Win quotes, and how his mount tackle is nowhere near as good as Milas. He should have the ability to sstackle, too.

Rawbietussin

Things I like:
- Tina's new Matrix jump (Power Launcher)
- New short hairstyles for Eliot and Christie
- Bayman's backroll attacks
- Lisa's back-turned throws
- Leon's air throws

Things I hate:
- No other hair option for Helena aside from loose hair
- Lack of costumes for all the guys and some of the older girls
- Japanese-exclusive DLCs (5UCE/WO2U costumes/Japanese Magazine costumes) being held back

d3v

Things I hate.
Rachel not having that tattoo from her alt in her other midriff baring costumes.
Force tech nerfs.

Rawbietussin

Things I hate.
Rachel not having that tattoo from her alt in her other midriff baring costumes.
Force tech nerfs.

Since you mentioned tattoos. I also hate that they omitted Leon's tattoo on one of his arms when it was there on DOA3.

I guess they really want Rig to be known as the first tattooed character and the only one that has it.

synce

Like:
- Rachel in her C4
- Momiji in her C4, especially in falling elevator
- Alpha

Hate:
- Everything else

Dave

Everything seems slower, and I don't like that. The speed in Dead or Alive 5 was just fine. I love fast fighters, one of the main reasons I love Dead or Alive 5. Going from 5 to 5U it is the first thing I noticed. I hate this change so much.

Alsoooo, my Sarah. Don't know if it's a nerf, of what but they fucked her up. I'm really aggravated to be honest. I've rarely played as her. They've given her some sort of pause when using her parry, so it's basically useless now. Anytime she enters flamingo she has a slight pause. Messes up her entire flow. What in the fuck Team Ninja?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Love:
- loads of unlockables
- new stages with vibrant colors, especially love the desert
- Momiji
- Rachel
- Hitomi's/Eliot's/Kokoro's new hairstyles
- Hitomi's super cute new win poses
- thank god one can change the main menu music. the default tune drove me crazy.

Hate:
- stages (except the desert) have ugly textures and aliasing
- that forest and Lost World look actually worse than in DoA3
- no new win poses for Kasumi
- scrolling through all the locked DLC costumes in character select menu

Brute

Standard Donor
Things I hate.
Force tech nerfs.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree. Force-techs feel strange in DOA5U, with some lows working and others not, even from juggles. Many of my standard "auto-tech" juggles that ended in a low sweep before the opponent hit the ground to auto-tech them don't work. Not as in they don't work as force techs, but as in the low attack that clearly connects before they hit the ground just totally goes through them in some strange attempt to nerf FTs. The timing on when traditional force-techs can be used also feels very strange and random to me. It's quite frustrating.

Note that this is coming from a guy who's been wanting FT nerfs for some time.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Since you mentioned tattoos. I also hate that they omitted Leon's tattoo on one of his arms when it was there on DOA3.

I guess they really want Rig to be known as the first tattooed character and the only one that has it.
He also have in DOA4 too. Removing it now was the dumbest thing ever. Even if TN want Rig to be the tattoed dude of the game, it doesn't hurt if Leon have a little tatto in his arm.
Anyway...

Things I like:
-Leon
-Leon
-Leon
-Leon
-Leon
-New stages
-Old character themes

Things I hate:
-Nerfs everywhere...

Mark

So is DOA5U is a step down compared to DOA5, as most characters get nerfed and some unwanted gameplay changes to have more "mindgames"?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I guess I like the new button config.

What I don't like is that it seems everyone is nerfed. Can we just all pretend 5U never happened and go back to 5?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD