Casual or Pro?

Doug Nguyen

So i know casual and pro setting are more than just camera and hit effects but i like the new dynamic camera, so if i change it, will it go to casual settings? I know pro is better is why, but its under normal camera.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Changing the specific camera/hit effects options won't change the casual/pro option that affects the background game system.

ZeonStar

This is the first time I have heard of this setting, is there someone or something that could or does explain this in more detail?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I have to admit, I thought this thread was about something else. I'm glad I was wrong.

Anyway, I'd like some more light shed on this subject. I've heard about it, but haven't seen many details.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
This is the first time I have heard of this setting, is there someone or something that could or does explain this in more detail?

I've been asking Tecmo for a detailed list of what exactly that option changes in the game engine. All that we know at this time is that it affects the buffer window for inputs on defensive holds.

Jenks3

I have it set to casual, and I still don't get buffered holds. I have to input a hold each time, I cant just hold :4: and mash :h: :p Or is the difference something else?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's possible they did fix it in the final release to where it does ONLY change the options. I have not received confirmation from Tecmo that it does or does not change the system in the final release.

qoodname

I have it set to casual, and I still don't get buffered holds. I have to input a hold each time, I cant just hold :4: and mash :h: :p Or is the difference something else?
Well the difference is on casual you can just hold :4: and mash :h: but at pro you have to input :4: and :h: at the same time. My problem with casual is that i SE while holding :h: and this results in throwing out holds at the and of SE sometimes. So i went with pro and it works like a charm.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD