Brad Wong help.

HoodsXx

So, so far I've used him for quite a while, and have a general sense of how to somewhat play him. But still getting into his stances / knowing what's safe and unsafe is hard for me. Any suggestions?

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
How familiar are you with fighters? Do you understand frames? There's an option in the start menu to turn on a frame counter and you can set the CPU to block in training mode and test and see which of your moves are safe and unsafe. I believe the fastest standing grabs in DOAD are 7 initial frames and the fastest crouching grabs are 5 frames. So any moves that leave you at less than those numbers would be safe.

HoodsXx

Alright, thanks. :) And from playing the game and getting general help from TK and Manny / others I've got a general idea of how frames work.

HoodsXx

Lol. Seems no one's able to talk about this at all. D:, I guess Master Ari doesn't play anymore?

Allan Paris

Lol. Seems no one's able to talk about this at all. D:, I guess Master Ari doesn't play anymore?

A select few plays this game and it's not nearly enough for you to get the feedback you want. The main reason for this is because this game was released on a handheld, not a very good idea. I believe he still does play DOA you'd probably catch him on DOA4 more than you would on DOAD.

HoodsXx

:eek:. I understand that. Just a few tips here and there could help xD, Since Brad Wong didn't change much from DOA4-DOAD :eek:.

Allan Paris

Just a few tips here and there could help xD, Since Brad Wong didn't change much from DOA4-DOAD :eek:.

If that's the case then watch some DOA4 Brad Wong videos and go from there. I know Master Ari's Brad combo video is in the media section here. Check that out and see what transferred over from 4 to D. There's also some Chosen1 matches on here as well, do the same with those.

The only thing that I know is that his low grab can still be punished if executed, he's slow, and still shit tier. He did get better somewhat because of his juggling game and launches, I believe.

Allan Paris

When the game was being played when it first came out I heard that it was still unsafe. Well I stand corrected on that one.

x Sypher x

The only thing that I know is that his low grab can still be punished if executed, he's slow, and still shit tier. He did get better somewhat because of his juggling game and launches, I believe.

This is true, I was actually messing around with him recently and discovered some pretty neat combos. However, and correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me that all the characters gained a little bit more juggling potential in DOAD. Maybe the gravity is a little bit lighter than DOA4?

Allan Paris

I have the game, no DS, don't care to get one to play the game. I spent some time with the game but put it down quick because of the hardware. I do know that getting the max launch height is easy and that may seem like the gravity is lighter. Or the gravity just may be lighter in DOAD, someone who plays it and understands it on a technical level could confirm that.

HoodsXx

So I know Brad's pretty much a lost cause right now till DOA5. But I'd like to get better with him. :x Anybody think they could try and help? Thanks, to whoever decides to reply to this. :Bradwong:

FC is 1161 0278 2071 if you don't have me.

Allan Paris

So I know Brad's pretty much a lost cause right now till DOA5. But I'd like to get better with him. :x Anybody think they could try and help? Thanks, to whoever decides to reply to this. :Bradwong:

FC is 1161 0278 2071 if you don't have me.

Thread merged.

1. You already started a thread for this topic.
2. Your FC is right under your avatar pic. it didn't need a separate post from your OP.
3. I hope you get someone to play Brad with you on DOAD.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD