Bass grab still glitched?

synce

Yesterday I was playing against a Bass who did the grab/counter where he grabs you by the foot and spins you around, but it did no damage. This occasionally happened in DOA4 too, so now I'm wondering if it's even a glitch or a game mechanic.

Raansu

It's a glitch with the environment I think. I've seen the same thing happen to power blows.

Scornwell

I've had an issue a couple of times where Bass starts the charge for the Super Launcher and then immediately stops. Anyone know what causes this? If it was a consistent glitch I could see it being used as an advantage...

synce

^ I remember in DOA4 some characters had animation glitches, I think they were all triggered by pressing the taunt button at the right time. Your thing may be completely different though

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've had an issue a couple of times where Bass starts the charge for the Super Launcher and then immediately stops. Anyone know what causes this? If it was a consistent glitch I could see it being used as an advantage...
Let us know if you find out as that would be a huge plus to his game. I've never seen it.

Scornwell

Ah, the AI? Well that could just be an AI only glitch... unfortunately.
I was thinking that, potentially in combination with some wacky environment bug. Ah well, I'll keep dreaming...
If I see it happen again, I'll shout like a howler monkey and post up the details here.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Imagine cancelling the charge.

Once I get my copy back, my sole objective will be to find if this is a bug or not.

Scornwell

Saw it again twice today, in training mode. CPU wasn't set to anything, and it happened both times after using 3p.
The hunt begins.

Scornwell

I was showing a friend what I call the Noob Launcher. Simple setup: 3P, Super Launcher.

However, twice while holding down the T button, Bass started the throw and then immediately stopped it. Can't figure out what I could have done differently while doing that setup, but it's happened every time after 3P.

Scornwell

Saw it again today, and I can kinda figure out why it's happening.
This time, it was after P+K. I noticed that every time I buffer in the Super Launcher, I slide from the A button (Throw) to the X button (Block). It's an old habit I picked up when I first started playing DOA and would buffer in throws too quickly, so I'd hold the guard button to either guard or charge the throw if I timed it right.

Alright, so what's happening (I think) is that during the +26 stun of P+K, I buffer in the 41236T and slide to the guard button right as Bass is at neutral, so the game starts the animation for the Super Launcher but then changes it's mind and has Bass block. He even throws his arms up in the air and yells "FI!-" and then starts blocking.

I made it happen again right after but can't get it down since. I'll start practicing it, as I think you could tease out reactionary low holds against some opponents with it. And that would be pretty sweet.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I have to be honest and say that I have not seen this with my own eyes yet. I trained for about 1 hour today and still no luck. It would be great if you could take a video of it happening, and possibly write down what the game lists in training mode as your inputs when you did it. Lastly, you're on the most up to date patch right?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD