DOA5 Bass General Discussion and Why He's So Damn Strong

Scornwell

The hit is different after the launcher, after the opponent lands they roll twice as far and is pretty much the same damage like :6::6::P:. Any ground move they do I can land either a CH or an OH grab. There has to some sort of advantage like they get up with invincibility, so I couldn't instantly grab them unless they press buttons or block.
Alright, I understand what's going on here.
After the launch, if Bass times a 66P+K to strike right as an opponent hits the floor, not only will it deal NH damage, it will also cause Bass to roll with his opponent.
Now, if the opponent tech rolls, they are left at an invisible -11 disadvantage at close range, perfect for essentially any strike.
If they don't tech roll... well, get ready for a wake up kick.

pyj88

Hi guys im new to this forum. I wish to get better in bass and i need serious help as i lost 95 percent of the match using him.
I cant seems to punish opponent as his atk is too slow when people keep close up to me and i dunno how to be offensive towards opponent and apply pressure.

Can anyone give me some advise or command move to deal with opponent

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
P+K
6P
1P

are your primary pokes.

33P

are your primary launchers, with 33P being guaranteed on a 3K that hit the opponent crouching or in crouch stun.

6H+P

is your best punish throw as it takes anything that's disadvantaged greater than 7 frames and make it +11 for you

On non-ice/water floors, 1P gives 214H+P, 63214H+P, or 64H+P as the opponent recovers from being hit by 1P.

That should help start you off.

pyj88

P+K
6P
1P

are your primary pokes.

33P

are your primary launchers, with 33P being guaranteed on a 3K that hit the opponent crouching or in crouch stun.

6H+P

is your best punish throw as it takes anything that's disadvantaged greater than 7 frames and make it +11 for you

On non-ice/water floors, 1P gives 214H+P, 63214H+P, or 64H+P as the opponent recovers from being hit by 1P.

That should help start you off.

Ty mr wah. Am o right to say that 6 h+p is the fast punish for those who spam close combat to us?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Standing :K: is also a great poke since it's the same speed as :6::K: and it's + on block. It's only disadvantage is that it's a high attack, so try and see if you can condition your opponent to duck it and use :3::K: as an alternative when they're blocking.

pyj88

I also have a problem with the throw after i use 1p. It makes the opponent fall and i will use throw when they recover,i wanna know is it 100%? It seem they can escape by going low. Or am i doing it wrong?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
They can escape by going low or attacking. It's only if they try holding the 1PP, they're stagger escaping, or if they're just trying to guard to reset the situation.

Snipeclips

Alright, I understand what's going on here.
After the launch, if Bass times a 66P+K to strike right as an opponent hits the floor, not only will it deal NH damage, it will also cause Bass to roll with his opponent.
Now, if the opponent tech rolls, they are left at an invisible -11 disadvantage at close range, perfect for essentially any strike.
If they don't tech roll... well, get ready for a wake up kick.
If they don't tech, you get a pick up instead.

pyj88

I encounter a problem again. When those fast atker spam low atk the 6p+h do not work. Other then block and hold, do bass have anything do deal with that?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If you are referring to after you hit them with 1P then do 3K.

Otherwise, if you are referring to being attacked low, either 1H or 3H+P.

Scornwell

If they don't tech, you get a pick up instead.
Yeah, I noticed that right after I posted it....
So even better!
Edit: Also, I noticed that if an opponent techs after 66P+K, you can buffer in a 4T or 236T that will land if your opponent planned on doing anything standing, even strike.
Set recovery to ON, reaction to standing strike of some sort, and you'll see what I mean.
If they try to crouch after the tech, a 33T will get them if delayed by 1 frame. This will also beat strikes for some reason. Harder to pull off but I've gotten it down a couple times.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
eh, I'd still prefer just doing 6KP and getting the same system either (1) free pick-up, or (2) frame advantage on tech.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
You're in pretty much the exact same situation, so you might as well treat 6T as a standing pick-up. That's why I consider his punishing game to be one of the best.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD