DOA5 Bass General Discussion and Why He's So Damn Strong

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
OP updated. Some new things for you guys to check out since the update fixed a few things with some of his untechable knock downs.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
They're definitely fixed, but some of the pick-ups are a little more difficult now (well, that's how it feels to me).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
They're definitely fixed, but some of the pick-ups are a little more difficult now (well, that's how it feels to me).

1) Would be nice to get damage numbers on the combos listed.
2) I haven't tried timing for juggle pick-ups, in 1.03 you had to dash cancel the 2H+P after AA.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I actually wanted to add damage to all combos, but I thought against it because I wanted people to test things out for themselves. If you want me to put in the damage as well, I won't mind.

I'd say that the timing is a lot like his AA pick-up, especially for longer combos (like his :P: > :3::P: > :9::P::K::P: ender).

edit: OP updated a bit more.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Guys, I want to see more fuzzy guarding in future videos.You always need to fuzzy guard with Bass.

14ah2kk.jpg

Bonus points if you fuzzy > neutral throw.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Found something while messing around in practice mode today:

:1::P::+::K:** > GB! > :8::K: > :9::P::K::P: (L, M) (DMG 49)

I'm spending too much time with this character.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yeah, but I didn't know the guard stun also counts as a critical stun, which allows for the 9pkp follow-up after the 8k launch.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'll be making a new thread a little before the game is out and by then we should hopefully have enough info about him to make something small. From what I've heard though, he hasn't changed much, so it's safe to say that he's very much like he is right now.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Not at all, actually. There are certain cases where I just switch character because I just get tired of guessing.

And according to a certain tier list, he has a lot of trouble against certain characters and you have to be pretty much playing against someone who's not familiar with Bass (but then again every person playing this game knows about his obvious weaknesses). Even then they can follow a spreadsheet and unless you override their programming, you're not gonna get anywhere. You absolutely need to know advanced tools like fuzzying, stagger escaping and abuse your crushes and set-ups.

He's a great challenge as long as you are patient and you have the energy for it.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
For me, I'm a cross between being too old and too stubborn to want to figure out all of the characteristics of another fighter. Heh.

I don't pay attention to tier lists, never really have, as I always stand by the premise that you can win with any character (which would explain why I also main Dan in SF, but I digress). I just see the slight changes to other characters, and it makes me wonder if Bass will get anything to help him. I'm not looking for nerfs for other characters, just a little something special for Mr. Strong.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I was doing some training with Bass and I just notice that his PPK combo left him in -6 when it hits the opponent but in the other side, it gives +2 on guard, WTF?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yeah, some hit on NH like most characters :2::K: or :2::P: are negative on hit. These hits only matter on CH or HCH. Also, the recovery on :K: is a lot, but on the other hand the kick itself does a lot of damage. Most people tend to get hit on the CH mainly because they think you're going to do :P::P::P: or :P::P::2::P: since he's jab punishable after the second hit of those strings.

Codemaster92163

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but on the circus stage, if you get a CB near the bouncy balls/chests, you can step a little to the side to get at an angle with the opponent and the wall, use :6::P::+::K: > :7::K: > :4::P::P: > :426::H+P: This combo can work on normal walls, too, so long as you don't use the CB. It's far easier to pull off on the bouncy wall, but it works just fine elsewhere if you can work the angle. It also helps if you and your opponent are a certain distance away from the wall. In that situation, the :7::K: will never hit them into the wall, so the angle becomes irrelevant.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD