Bad habit? or legit?

• Bad habit

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Legit

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I haven't read the book.... I read the articles on his website...... appearently the last rule of playing to win is that going all out all the time is not always a good idea.... if you can help it... sometimes its better to experiment, you might discover something that can help you win even more.

This is something Seth Killian left out while he was trash talking noobs and telling everybody to "git gud" in his Domination 101 Articles.
Is Seth Killian really so petty as to trash talk newcomers and treat them like shit?

Lulu

Is Seth Killian really so petty as to trash talk newcomers and treat them like shit?

Well this was in 2003..... being smug came with the Territory, and I doubt he was the only one. Thank god those days are almost over. :)

jjinkou2

You read the book too awesome if everyone on this site had a chance to look at the information http://www.sirlin.net/ptw everyone new to the FGC would understand instead of explaining the same thing 24/7 Lol.

Good advice. i wasn't aware of this one. i just glanced at the first chapters. so far i like it :

On scrub chapters:
He cried cheap when I threw him five times in a row asking, “Is that all you know how to do? Throw?” I gave him the best advice he could ever hear. I told him, “Play to win, not to do ‘difficult moves.’” This was a big moment in that scrub’s life. He could either ignore his losses and continue living in his mental prison or analyze why he lost, shed his rules, and reach the next level of play.

I’ve never been to a tournament where there was a prize for the winner and another prize for the player who did many difficult moves. I’ve also never seen a prize for a player who played “in an innovative way.” (Though chess tournaments do sometimes have prizes for “brilliancies,” moves that are strokes of genius.) Many scrubs have strong ties to “innovation.” They say, “That guy didn’t do anything new, so he is no good.”

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD