DOA5LR Ayane Combo Discussion

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
She really doesn't have any use for Critical Burst. But I guess if people want to be fancy over being efficient, something with 6K2K/CH 6K2K could work. 3K is still an option to further the threshold. So are 2K and 33P.

I'll put up some combos later tonight though, I just realized I totally left out her juggle for 46H.

argilium

yah.. it's kinda funny how i'm trying to find out what to follow after 46H and it was not in the OP.. 2T against back turned opponent seems to be missing too, no matter how unlikely it would be pulled off..

OSTCarmine

Apart from 3F+K what other useful sitdown-setups does Ayane have? Hajin and I were discussing one, but it was a little inconsistent in practice. With enough counter conditioning you could pull it off easily, but the playstyle would be counterproductive to winning. You would need to use 6K2K often enough for your opponent to come to expect it, which is not worth it.
So, from 3F+K (NH only! which sucks) you can get a guaranteed BT4K but you would need to step in ever so slightly. Step in too much and you roll, not enough and you whiff. Needless to say this setup is a bit tricky.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
3F+K gives a sit down stun on NH and CH, I believe. It knocks down on HCH.

@argilium: This is the combo you should be using after a 46H; 88KK, BT4P, BTPP4PP7K. You can always leave out the BT4P if you can't time it well enough. I'll have to add the damage on this later along with some other combos (unless someone wants to post what the damage output is on the 46H juggle?), I'm heading to bed in a few minutes lol.

argilium

in the first post, it says there that 6K is a starter with guaranteed followups.. isn't 6K the mid knee kick that puts the opponent in normal critical stun? i set the training dummy to counterhold against the followup and the combo was stopped..

and after 46H, do you walk or dash or microdash in order to connect the 8KK? i think it is important that we also write any additional movement in the combos.. for example,
3H+K, microdash, (BT)4K, ... ... juggle etc.. OR
3H+K, 66 (not roll), (BT)4K, ... ... juggle etc..

coming from an airdash fighter background, we usually write these things because that little bit of spacing is essential for some of the combos to fully connect and would otherwise only partially connect or not at all if done without a dash or walk..

OSTCarmine

in the first post, it says there that 6K is a starter with guaranteed followups.. isn't 6K the mid knee kick that puts the opponent in normal critical stun? i set the training dummy to counterhold against the followup and the combo was stopped..

and after 46H, do you walk or dash or microdash in order to connect the 8KK? i think it is important that we also write any additional movement in the combos.. for example,

coming from an airdash fighter background, we usually write these things because that little bit of spacing is essential for some of the combos to fully connect and would otherwise only partially connect or not at all if done without a dash or walk..
good idea. I wish ayane could do more from a sitdown... oh well

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I think she can be played both offensively and through whiff punishment tactics. I usually play the whiff punish game for now, but I'm still learning her strings. I agree that people online tend to lose to defensive players because they're just mashing strings nonstop and never block.
I agree. I just need to develop more of a stronger offensive game with her now. She is sick yo! Definetly 1 of my mains.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

Yeah, you have to walk up a little then do 8KK in the 46H juggle. I'll add that when I update the OP in a bit.

As for 6K, what exactly did you have the training dummy hold? The combos I have listed for 6K aren't guaranteed, they are just viable followups.

@Xdest: Thanks for the those numbers on 46H.

EDIT: Updated the OP with 46H juggle and damage output. Also added juggles for 3H+K and side step P and K. Can anyone post the damage output on the 3H+K and SS P or K juggles are? I'm not on the game at the moment.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
As an Ayane player, I sometimes feel obligated to pick up a second character only for the simple fact that I get a lot of crap about "NInjas" on XBL. But at the same time, I really don't feel like picking up another character. The way I see it is, I'd rather knowing EVERYTHING there is to know about my main character and what she/he is capable of and learn the matchups, rather than knowing just enough of multiple characters.

Aside from that, kudos to the players out there that can pick up multiple characters and be amazing with them all. Respect.
Those are haters. People are gonna hate their opponent regardless of who you pick. I use Kasumi & Ayane as my characters, but I'm not gonna share which 1 I'm focused on maining as primary yet until I bring her out at a scene. But fuck what they say. Just focus on your character. Ayane is a solid character. If they can't beat her, it's their fault. Not yours ;)

Edit: Kasumi & Ayane are both solid. I don't know which 1 to pick as primary or secondary because they have lost of moves that swings in both of their favors.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Gotcha! I have a pick with her & Kasumi w/DOA5 logo. If anybody wants it.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Enjoy Fellas!

Attachments

• 4TMKF61N8S1B.jpg
    4TMKF61N8S1B.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 235

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Anyone mind listing the damage on the following combos? I haven't been able to play the past two days.

Starter 3H+K Normal hit and Counter

66 (no roll), BT4K, BTPP4PP7K - NH = /CH = *Optimal*
66 (no roll) BT4K, BTPP6KK4, BT7K - NH = /CH = *Optimal*
66 (no roll) BT4P, BTPP4PP7K - NH = /CH =
66 (no roll) BT6P, PP6PK - NH = /CH =
66 (no roll) BT6P, PPPK - NH = /CH = (viable on Light and Mid weights)

Starter Side Step P Normal hit, Counter and Hi counter

4P (launch), BTPP4PP7K - NH = /CH = /HCH =
4K (launch), PPPK - NH = /CH = /HCH =
4K (launch), PP6PK - NH = /CH = /HCH =
H+K (launch), PPPK - NH = /CH = /HCH =
H+K (launch), PP6PK - NH = /CH = /HCH =

Starter Side K Normal Hit

4P (launch), BTPP4PP7K - NH =
4K (launch), PPPK - NH =
4K (launch), PP6PK - NH =
H+K (launch), PPPK - NH =
H+K (launch), PP6PK - NH =