Anime/Manga Talk

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I like pretty straight-forward action anime but I need to get hooked into the story. SAO worked for me until the second half which I stopped liking. I finished it but I'm not terribly interested in the next season. We'll see. Bleach was awesome and I really hope they pick it up long enough to animate the final arc which is going pretty well, some odd pacing aside. Naruto has gotten better but I tuned out for a long time. One Piece is amazing and Fairy Tail has done a great job of keeping my interest. I'm almost done with the first series so I can start on the second. Always on the lookout for similar series but I tend to not like starting long ones unless they're finished. Too many ongoing ones as it is.

Saber

I like pretty straight-forward action anime but I need to get hooked into the story. SAO worked for me until the second half which I stopped liking. I finished it but I'm not terribly interested in the next season. We'll see. Bleach was awesome and I really hope they pick it up long enough to animate the final arc which is going pretty well, some odd pacing aside. Naruto has gotten better but I tuned out for a long time. One Piece is amazing and Fairy Tail has done a great job of keeping my interest. I'm almost done with the first series so I can start on the second. Always on the lookout for similar series but I tend to not like starting long ones unless they're finished. Too many ongoing ones as it is.
Then you should definitely watch the Fate/Stay Night remake when it comes out in Fall. Or if you're interested in this season, check out Black Bullet and Mahouka for some pretty kickass fighting scenes. No Game No Life isn't exactly in the realm of action, but it's this season's best anime by far. Definitely check out Noragami too.

Fairy Tail's great, but the new season (the continuation that recently aired) seems to be even more low-budget than the first. It's a recurring problem in shounen or just long-running anime in general, but there's too much still frames it's like I'm watching a slideshow.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Then you should definitely watch the Fate/Stay Night remake when it comes out in Fall. Or if you're interested in this season, check out Black Bullet and Mahouka for some pretty kickass fighting scenes. No Game No Life isn't exactly in the realm of action, but it's this season's best anime by far. Definitely check out Noragami too.

Fairy Tail's great, but the new season (the continuation that recently aired) seems to be even more low-budget than the first. It's a recurring problem in shounen or just long-running anime in general, but there's too much still frames it's like I'm watching a slideshow.
I actually have Black Bullet in my CrunchyRoll queue so I'm glad that wasn't a poor choice on my part. I'll look into the rest.

As for Fairy Tail, that's a bit backwards. I heard it was going to have even better animation and re-drawn characters. That's the first I've heard of it feeling even lower-budget.

Saber

As for Fairy Tail, that's a bit backwards. I heard it was going to have even better animation and re-drawn characters. That's the first I've heard of it feeling even lower-budget.
Redrawn? Yes. In a style more closely resembling the manga? Yes. Only for the characters, however.
Backgrounds are CG now. Before that the backgrounds were gorgeously hand-drawn.
And for better or for worse, it's really only the OP which has better animation.

See for yourself. Action scenes are notoriously bad, and movement only lasts for 3-5 frames before repeating it.

Ghosty-J

Then may I interest you into reading some JoJo's? :U

tumblr_mc0vhap2yq1r7izs2o1_500.png

jojopanelstoneoceanmickey.jpg

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The next time I see you double post or triple post, I'm warning you. If it happens again you're going to need to look into proxies and alt accounts.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I posted that picture yesterday

If you look at the first pic it says posted yesterday, idk why the other one said it posted today but I posted it yesterday

You said we can double post if its not on the same day

34g6byw.png

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Dragon Ball Z fans would know this stance

View attachment 5902
Super Sentai / Power Rangers?

You don't need to be a DBZ fan to know this.

@Fiend Busa: A DBZ / Chrono Trigger crossover where Lavos tore the fabric of time, encountered Cell, and learned fusion, becoming Lavocell. Only Tapion - who turns out to be the swordsman who had Crono's Rainbow Sword and reforged it into the Z-Sword for Trunks - can bring the heroes of two separate worlds together to defeat him. Goku and Crono must prepare for the battle of their lives, beyond time and space...

Seriously though, I only wish this actually happened.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD