Anime/Manga Talk

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Official character designs for Sailor Moon Crystal have been revealed through the latest stream a short while ago. The details for Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus in particular pay homage to the original manga, which suggests the new designs will be fitting for the darker feel of the manga in general. All that's left now is seeing it in motion.

1424417_792803747404753_5240596591841638981_n.jpg

What's more, Kotono Mitsuishi is in fact reprising her role as the titular character. However, the other Inner Senshi will not be.

EDIT: It's been confirmed the episodes will be airing bi-weekly on the NicoNicoDouga stream starting July 5. So we're looking at 2 episodes per month, at most.

EDIT: Even more additional character art has been revealed on the official site, and it shits all over this photo I posted earlier.

THESE. DESIGNS. ARE. FUCKING. LEGIT.

http://sailormoon-official.com/animation/characters/moon.php
BmN3Y8-CIAAZbAU.png

BmN2J1xCEAIMF0J.png

BmN1b1cCMAEGbUL.png

tumblr_n4ol6g98kQ1qc7vepo2_500.jpg

BmNyp8-CQAEdb8k.jpg:large

BmN5JEoCMAE4hwz.png

Last edited:

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
I am totally ready for the new Sailor Moon anime! ^^
The artwork looks fantastic and I like the direction they are going with the story. n.n

xINFINITELIGHTx

yo . . . why . . . why does this thread exist? Go watch cartoons kids stop talking about the cartoons keep watching them you idiots!

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Revise DBZ lol... Just move on to a new series or let it die.

Dragon Ball Z Battle Of Gods 2 is coming lol ^.^

Battle of gods grossed over 30million and is still yet to be released in theatres in USA and a few other countries

When DBZ BOG director cut special aired in Japan on television, it was viewed by 12million people surpassing one piece

DBZ is far from dead

Lol sorry for that but I must defend my fav anime xD

Anyway...

Anyone used to watch Inyuasha?
It was a good show but it kind of creeped me out as a kid for some reason lol

Last edited:

Saber

Anyone used to watch Inyuasha?
It was a good show but it kind of creeped me out as a kid for some reason lol
I used to. I skimmed through the original 100+ episodes, then marathoned through Inuyasha: The Final Act which was infinitely better than the original show.

Oh, here's my watchlist for this season.
No Game No Life - best anime this season by far
Black Bullet [on the verge of dropping]
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou - best romcom this season
Love Live! S2
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Isshukan Friends - best slice-of-life this season
Escha to Logy no Atorie
Mahouka Koukou no Reittousei
Tonari no Seki-kun - best short so far
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to
And of course, Fairy Tail

I'm also watching shows from previous seasons which I overlooked, but now have piqued my curiosity and currently marathon-ing.
Non Non Biyori (this show is a major de-stresser)
Baka to Test to Shoukajuu S1 & 2
Nichijou
Love Lab
Servant x Service

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I didn't like the movie (that shit was wack even the manga which was honestly worse, but I like Trunks & Gohan. It was the only reason why I watched) but this fight theme was sick!

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Man that stuff was poorly thought of. I'm sorry. lol I love DB series always will but this work (History of Trunks/Trunks the Lone Warrior) is a no-go.

What made sense:
  • Everyone is dead
  • Trunks & Gohan were the only 2 left to stop them
  • Gohan was a Super Saiyan
  • Trunks went back to change time since he was the last one left & hoped to get stronger around Goku, Gohan, Vegeta & others
What doesn't make ANY sense:
  • Gohan is 23 years old, he has hidden power & he unleashes it when he's people harmed
  • Trunks was ALREADY a Super Saiyan in the main series, so why did it have to take Gohan dying to finally turn Super Saiyan?
  • Bulma & Gohan knew about planet Namek if Piccolo were to be killed. It was the reason why they went there in the 1st place, to revive him & the other fighters.
  • Only 1 senzu bean was used to restore strength
  • Gohan (future) again 23 & has been training for a very long time, even longer than Gohan but is weaker. When you've been training for that long, no matter who you've been around, you get stronger. Plus he has saiyan blood so he would be twice as strong
  • The Androids are WEAKER than main Androids in the main story anime/manga yet they were more ruthless & sadistic than the main series counterparts.
  • Gohan had the full mindset of a warrior & even told why he wore the Gi that resembled Goku & his haircut (which his full design is badass, but I prefer "Gohan" regardless) yet his fate was inevitable, very brutal to say the least.
  • The Lookout still existed & so did the time chamber. Gohan knew & was fully aware of it
Yeah, this one was already as futile as it is with ppl meaning to die, but this stuff is what makes it even worse. So yeah, it was honestly bad. It only makes sense to people because it supposed to be Trunks left to fight, but still. They just took a lot of the elements that made the series into what it is so I can't say I like it. Plus, I'm a huge fan of Toriyama already so, yeah. This is my honest opinion. I'm sure you'll say "There would be no point in going back", yeah it would have been.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Well just skimming through your points, some of them make no sense and some can be explain but im on mobile so ill explain tomorrow

And none of the movies are cannon aside from BOG so you cant compare it to the manga/anime

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
No I wasn't really comparing them. I just read the manga to tell the difference.

Saber

Any of you Fate/Stay Night or Fate/Zero fans? Rejoice~! The new PV is up, and so is a fight scene clip between Saber and Lancer in full ufotable animation glory.

PV

FIGHT SCENE

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD