Alpha 152 concerns?

AKNova7

Not to sound bitter about Ein but she better be better than she was in DOAD, the thought of the 2nd Karate and Sambo characters getting cut and essentially getting a 5th ninja character pisses me off. On the other hand I am looking forward to seeing how she's being handled and seeing as there are no characters so far even close to being clones I'm sure she'll be differentiated greatly from Kasumi and a unique fighter in her own right.

Considering one of them is not top tier, it was expected, was it not?

No. They added her for the ratchets. Only ratchets use Alpha-152.

A character like this could never be tournament approved anyways.

Why not? There's nothing about her that's outside the normal scope of ability for other characters. She's an outrageously extremely lopsided character (as in strikes-holds-throws-wise), but she's not broken.

synce

Doesn't the achievements thread say you have to unlock every title to use her? That sounds like it could take forever so I doubt we will see her online that much.

You're right and I just realized there's like 500 titles, holy shit... since almost no one will have her unlocked I guess she'll be majorly nerfed. A worthy replacement for Tengu :)

Zeo

This could just be optimistic but the achievement my just be gotten by unlocking her and getting all the titles rather than unlocking her by getting all the titles per say. But it's probably what you guys are thinking in which case I want to say I'm in no rush to unlock her but I honestly want to see what they do with her in this game, so I'll have to make it a priority.

Doesn't the achievements thread say you have to unlock every title to use her? That sounds like it could take forever so I doubt we will see her online that much.
I think that's just for unlocking that achievement. There is no way they would make it so hard to unlock a character. Basically, she is needed to unlock that achievement and not the other way around.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
This could just be optimistic but the achievement my just be gotten by unlocking her and getting all the titles rather than unlocking her by getting all the titles per say.

I've though of that too, and I really, really, really hope that's the case. It just seems like a strange achievement that way though, and so I do expect that she will be unlocked by earning all titles like we suspect. God, I hope I'm wrong.

Nightpup

I hope you're wrong, too. I don't want to have to go through all that work just to get my main playable, not to mention then having to run Arcade and Time Attack for her colors. Also...
No. They added her for the ratchets. Only ratchets use Alpha-152.

A character like this could never be tournament approved anyways.
Explain to me how she could never be tournament approved? There's nothing that sets her aside from the rest of the cast. She just looks and plays differently. And...
You're right and I just realized there's like 500 titles, holy shit... since almost no one will have her unlocked I guess she'll be majorly nerfed. A worthy replacement for Tengu :)
Nononononononono anything but this. Do not nerf her AGAIN. She already sucked in Dimensions :<

AKNova7

I hope you're wrong, too. I don't want to have to go through all that work just to get my main playable, not to mention then having to run Arcade and Time Attack for her colors. Also...

Explain to me how she could never be tournament approved? There's nothing that sets her aside from the rest of the cast. She just looks and plays differently. And...

Nononononononono anything but this. Do not nerf her AGAIN. She already sucked in Dimensions :<

I for one want her to be Helena tier. >> Better for the tourney people, and better for us non-acheivement hunters.

synce

I wouldn't worry too much about the requirement, you can always download a save. There's already one up for Tekken Tag 2 lol

AKNova7

How is that better for the tourney people? That just means one less viable character. xD

Well, imagine you're practicing for a tournament and want to practice the 152 matchup. Either you have to acheivement hunt every title, or you have to Modio your gamesave. And even worse, the tournament hosts...can you imagine getting 500 titles on every console just to play the tourney?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Well, imagine you're practicing for a tournament and want to practice the 152 matchup. Either you have to acheivement hunt every title, or you have to Modio your gamesave. And even worse, the tournament hosts...can you imagine getting 500 titles on every console just to play the tourney?

This is precisely why fighting games need to stop having unlockable characters. Alpha-152 and everyone else should be available at the start.

NukNuks

Explain to me how she could never be tournament approved? There's nothing that sets her aside from the rest of the cast. She just looks and plays differently.

Im just sayin that cuz I don't like her and could care less if she's playable or not >_> Fighting against her online in Dimensions was pretty easy giving that her counters were weak.

Renarism

She shouldn't be a problem to fight against online. Dimensions alpha-152 was a joke. . .

~Renarism

Darth Lotonic X

The only concern I have about Alpha 152 has been stated several times in this thread: her unlock conditions. If you need to get all the titles to unlock her, I could see her being banned simply because of shear unfamiliarity. If no one has the bitch, how is anyone gonna have any match up experience?

AKNova7

This is precisely why fighting games need to stop having unlockable characters. Alpha-152 and everyone else should be available at the start.

Unlockable characters are ok, with either easy requirements or a way out. But it is overly a pain in the ass. Especially with a requirement like this one...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD