Alpha 152 concerns?

synce

Now that she's officially confirmed playable, should there be worries about people abusing her online? Did TN nerf her enough in Dimensions? I'd like some light shed on her for those of us who skipped DOAD

Pupi18

In dimensions she was too easy to beat vs players. She was slow and her moves were predictable also not doing so much teleports helps to keep the momentum going on her. If they buff her on DOA5 then that will be something...

d3v

They could (and maybe should) just make it so that the boss version is different from the playable version similar to how Super SFIV handles its boss characters ("Shin" Seth, Shin Akuma, "Shin" Gouken).

Omegan Eckhart

Doesn't the achievements thread say you have to unlock every title to use her? That sounds like it could take forever so I doubt we will see her online that much.

Chaos

Alpha 152? I hate that bitch, lol I hope TN balance her because I dont want to go threw another MK boss fight "fight cheap to win" BS. Fighting games today hasn't had a real exiciting fun boss fight since Tekken 4.

Doug Nguyen

Im not worried she's gonna be over powered im more worried she's gonna suck like in DOAD. I hope they treat her like a real fighter not some boss with a few moves. She had nice moves in DOAD but they were so obvious and unsafe. She seemed like a novelty character, like they just added her for fans.

Zeo

Not to sound bitter about Ein but she better be better than she was in DOAD, the thought of the 2nd Karate and Sambo characters getting cut and essentially getting a 5th ninja character pisses me off. On the other hand I am looking forward to seeing how she's being handled and seeing as there are no characters so far even close to being clones I'm sure she'll be differentiated greatly from Kasumi and a unique fighter in her own right.

DyByHands

My only concern over Alpha is that she is/may be the main boss, again. Seems cheap. After DOAD I was pumped to kick Donovans ass. And, I still want that chance :)

Nightpup

I'm personally not worried about Alpha-152 in DOA5. In the right hands, she was nigh untouchable in DOAD, albeit a tad slow. I don't care what they do to her, so long as her moveset isn't changed. I will always main Alpha-152.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm not worried about her gameplay wise. She was terrible in Dimensions, but I assume that they'll buff her up without making her overpowered.

What I'm worried about is how hard will it be to unlock her? I really hope that it isn't hard because that's BS to force us to go through some boring grind to get our characters.

Given how Donovan wasn't referenced at all in the hacked Alpha demo lists unlike 152 I don't think he'll be playable even exclusively by CPU.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD