Media About Dead or Alive 7 and Ninja Gaiden 4

Lorenzo Buti

Is it any wonder why we barely got any announcements for Dead or Alive 7 and Ninja Gaiden 4? What's Team NINJA and Koei Tecmo up to these days?

Kasumi with Dead or Alive 7 Game Resize.png

Ryu Hayabusa with Ninja Gaiden 4 Game Resize.png

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It would seem that based off of TGS that even Venus Vacation has been slipping on development. I'm willing to bet that Sony came in and said, "nothing else until Rise of the Ronin is done." There is still Dead or Alive experience at Team NINJA and the date for Ronin is set for the end of 2024.

The people that don't like Nioh or Wo Long (I do think they are brilliant games, sorry; not sorry) are in an unfortunate position, but I do think Rise of the Ronin will be Team NINJA's "big one" as it is the first open-world experience from Team NINJA, and they've spent many years on the project and have only showed the public mere seconds.

After Ronin it will be back to what they normally do, or Sony will pitch them another idea for a single player timed exclusive. I think the smart thing for DOA fans to do would be to suggest that Team NINJA does not do this ahead of the arrival of RotR.

From a financial standpoint, they know that Microsoft's Game Pass inclusion of Wo Long was a very smart idea as the game wouldn't have performed as well had it not been for the platform. The numbers break that down very easily. Wo Long didn't do well on PS5. From a relationship standpoint, they are expected to please Sony as well as their investment in the company (sadly) grows and gives them more input.

Last edited:

DyByHands

I thought a separate team done the venus vacation game? Maybe I just wanted it to be that way lmao

gfg$

It would seem that based off of TGS that even Venus Vacation has been slipping on development. I'm willing to bet that Sony came in and said, "nothing else until Rise of the Ronin is done." There is still Dead or Alive experience at Team NINJA and the date for Ronin is set for the end of 2024.

The people that don't like Nioh or Wo Long (I do think they are brilliant games, sorry; not sorry) are in an unfortunate position, but I do think Rise of the Ronin will be Team NINJA's "big one" as it is the first open-world experience from Team NINJA, and they've spent many years on the project and have only showed the public mere seconds.

After Ronin it will be back to what they normally do, or Sony will pitch them another idea for a single player timed exclusive. I think the smart thing for DOA fans to do would be to suggest that Team NINJA does not do this ahead of the arrival of RotR.

From a financial standpoint, they know that Microsoft's Game Pass inclusion of Wo Long was a very smart idea as the game wouldn't have performed as well had it not been for the platform. The numbers break that down very easily. Wo Long didn't do well on PS5. From a relationship standpoint, they are expected to please Sony as well as their investment in the company (sadly) grows and gives them more input.
Wasn't the Rise of the Ronin planned for Q1 2024 release, since it was revealed back in September 2022. The only info I heard is a leak with Q1 next year

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Wasn't the Rise of the Ronin planned for Q1 2024 release, since it was revealed back in September 2022. The only info I heard is a leak with Q1 next year

That's a good point, but there hasn't been enough media or PR to assume that a Q1 release is possible.

TheHunterKiller692

Wo Long didn't do well on PS5.
Eh, I ended up getting a copy of the PS5 version at GameStop. I don't think games need to sell that quick on any console.

Aren't people sick of open-world games at this point? I think more people are interested in Soulsbourne-style games or shooters.

HHH816

plus atelier mobile using the same doa6 engine

Attachments

• atiler mobile.PNG
    atiler mobile.PNG
    987.4 KB · Views: 87

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Does DOA6 even have a unique engine? I thought they had said a long while back they were using the same engine as either Dynasty Warriors or Warriors Orochi

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
DOA6 did indeed use the same graphics engine as Dynasty Warriors 9.

On a side note, DOAXVV used a modified version of the Soft Engine used in DOA5LR.
Yeah I knew DOAXVV used the engine from DOA5LR with the added physics and such, idk why they went with the Dynasty Warriors 9 engine tho since I personally feel they could have stuck with their own engine they used in LR since I feel the female body models took a bit of a hit in 6, at least as far as the Kasumi sized girls since their bodies don't compare to LR and VV imo

TheHunterKiller692

Yeah I knew DOAXVV used the engine from DOA5LR with the added physics and such, idk why they went with the Dynasty Warriors 9 one.
Probably because the engine seemed to work well enough, ig. Granted, prior games' engines aren't bad either, but I'd like them to try out Unreal Engine 5, if they're able to.

DOAXVV used a modified version of the Soft Engine used in DOA5LR.
Well, wasn't DOA 5 in general using Soft? Either way, thanks for letting me know.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Probably because the engine seemed to work well enough, ig. Granted, prior games' engines aren't bad either, but I'd like them to try out Unreal Engine 5, if they're able to.

Well, wasn't DOA 5 in general using Soft? Either way, thanks for letting me know.
No, DOA5LR was the first to utilize this engine exclusively for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD