Media A call for actual video content

Xernuht

Do you know shortcut inputs work on Izunas?

You still have to input quickly, but you don't have to turn your thumb to hamburger. I wonder if MASTER uses the shortcut.

It's not just the Izuna. His :1_::4::K:, which reliably comes out when I do:214::K: outside of a combo, doesn't come out during combos. He's also slower than I feel he should be. He always struck me, pre-5, as a strike-type character with one extremely powerful, high-execution-required grab that you still had to respect. Similar to ALPHA, but without the free damage off of anything.

Personaly, with Momiji, 9k, 236p+k,pp,360h+p works almost everytime.

It's not the combo Izuna that annoys me. It's the throws and holds.

I've made a day 1 video for Momiji that gives beginner a idea how to use her. I've posted it like the second day after the game came out. It is quite a useful video.

Momiji tutorial, hm? I'm gonna have to dig it up.

Brute

Standard Donor
They're fun, but I can't use them reliably.
Yeah. They require practice for muscle-memory. Lag also loves to screw them up online.

Indeed he can.
As far as ease of use goes between the ninjas, from easiest to hardest, I'd probably say Momiji>Hayate>Kasumi>Hayabusa>Ayane.
I agree because the Raijin is not necessary to use Hayate efficiently. :p

It's not just the Izuna. His :1_::4::K:, which reliably comes out when I do:214::K: outside of a combo, doesn't come out during combos.
It's because the "crouching" state required for the move can't buffer like traditional move inputs can. When you do the move normally, hitting the 3/2 direction will make him crouch, then going back to 4K will make him do the handstand. If you're doing a combo, you have to wait until after the recovery frames of the previous move have ended, then crouch, then go back to 4K. Timing just has to be pretty precise as a result.

He's also slower than I feel he should be. He always struck me, pre-5, as a strike-type character with one extremely powerful, high-execution-required grab that you still had to respect.
Yeah...

It's not the combo Izuna that annoys me. It's the throws and holds.
Interesting. For me, the order of hardest to easiest goes: Otoshi, low-throw, Yoko, Senko, Rekko

Do you know shortcut inputs work on Izunas?
You still have to input quickly, but you don't have to turn your thumb to hamburger. I wonder if MASTER uses the shortcut.
There are multiple ways to do Izunas. For example, I always do three full 360 rotations on the final prompt.

Tenryuga

One more important thing. When creating a combo video, please set the breast motion to Normal or DOA. Having it in OMG might not be a good look when presenting the game to the rest of the world.

Stuff like this is why I'm still sitting on whether or not to post that Kasumi CMV by @UprisingJC .

To add onto this let's not forget to avoid joke / fetish outfits and bikinis in said videos. Things are looking good for us right now so let's keep up on this momentum.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Here's my contribution to this thread. I have a playlist of DOA5 and DOA5U videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMf_b78jbe82L_VFyf0SAfTAQP_oWL-2I

I mostly present costume overview videos, but also have compilations, like all tag throws, all tag intros/outros, and all command trainings. I completed all command trainings, except few moves (Ryu's Izunas, Hayate's Raijin and Momiji's Izuna).
You completed Akira's command training but not the Izunas?

I am perplexed.

Split Infinity

I'm only on controller, so I can't manage to rotate as fast. Raijin is well, messed up, hehe. For Akira's 1-frame move I found a tip on youtube, where somebody suggested to tap Circle with middle finger, and at same time tapping Square with the fingernail's edge of pointing finger. Managed on first try. But Izunas? No thanks, especially counter ones.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm only on controller, so I can't manage to rotate as fast. Raijin is well, messed up, hehe. For Akira's 1-frame move I found a tip on youtube, where somebody suggested to tap Circle with middle finger, and at same time tapping Square with the fingernail's edge of pointing finger. Managed on first try. But Izunas? No thanks, especially counter ones.
I use a dualshock (standard PS3 controller) myself. I can do Ryu's whole command training in my sleep. Akira's? I did it once for the achievement, once for a friend, then once more when my savedata got corrupted. And now Ultimate wants me to do it again? Hell-no.

MasterHavik

I use a dualshock (standard PS3 controller) myself. I can do Ryu's whole command training in my sleep. Akira's? I did it once for the achievement, once for a friend, then once more when my savedata got corrupted. And now Ultimate wants me to do it again? Hell-no.
It's not that bad.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
for the one frame knees, just set R1 to H+K and flick that while you press and hold K. The game accepts the input as you releasing H in one frame and still holding K.

Brute

Standard Donor
Akira's one frame knee isn't that hard when you figure out how you want to position you're fingers
Away from the apostrophe and "e" when using the possessive "your." :p

In all seriousness, I imagine things like Akira's moves and the Raijin become easier when you use the character because you get so much practice in so it loads into muscle memory. But considering I just use Akira on occasion for fun, mastering his harder techniques seems a bit excessive. It would be different if he was my main or sub.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD