66K on Breakable Wall/Danger Zone

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So fun stuff that I could use fellow Bass players' help with if they get the time.

So you all know the love that 66K brings right? It puts Bass back-turned after a guard break.

Did you know that you have 7K perform his best launcher from BT? Of course you did.

Let's say we put the two together:

if you initiate the Crane Beam danger zone at the start of Scramble with Bass' 66K on the opponent, the danger zone wall is removed and replaced with an invisible wall. What this means is you can do 66K 7K as the opponent is wall bouncing from the beams. From there you have his best launcher.

I'm trying to see if there's a way we can guarantee from the 66K to throw or knock the opponent into the beams once they reset. So that Bass could technically guarantee the first danger zone in scramble and combo it into the cliffhanger.

So far I have been unsuccessful, but I wanted to see if anyone else out there might be able to figure something out (and record footage in the mean time).

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Found one against Lights:

:6::6::K: > :7::K: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :4::P::P::P:

131 DMG Normal hit if :6::6::K: is Clean Hit! and 113 if it's not clean.

You can get best results if you delay the BT :7::K: as much as possible to give more time for beams to reset. I'll test on Med and Hevs to see if I actually find anything (I highly doubt though).

All credit goes to Amon Amarth for being an awesome band.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah unfortunately his spinning air throw doesn't register a wall hit after you initiate it, so the beams have to be back as you're pressing the combo throw.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Okay, this works too:

:6::6::K: > :7::K: > :3::P: > :8::K: > :4::P::P::P:

134 damage on clean hit. Slightly more damage and higher launch. You also won't need to delay the :7::K: since the recovery from :8::K: delays this enough for you to just go straight to :4::P::P::P:.

On meds and Hevs, it's best to just go for the pick-up:

:6::6::K: > :7::K: > :8::K: > :9::P::K::P: > :2::h::+::P: (meds)
:6::6::K: > :7::K: > :9::P::K::P: > :2::h::+::P: (hevs)

I tried finding combos for meds and hevs, but it looks like his options are rather limited with the other weight classes.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Wait, so 7K doesn't knock down?

Why not use it on any wall then because I know it doesn't cause knockback?

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot we were talking about BT 7K.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
while-facing :7::K: can actually be used after back-turned :7::K:. It's just that the only follow you have available is :6::K::P:.

edit: yeah, sorry, I'll make it clear from now on.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Who are the light characters in this game? I only know about Ayane and Kasumi.

Also, if anyone manages to find a combo for meds, you deserve an honorary mention and a place on the front page.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Is Bass the only character with these setups? I would've thought Hayabusa could've had some combos which could keep you in flight long enough for another wall hit.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I have not tried with other characters. How many get a huge re-launch off a wall hit?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I thought Hayabusa could get a relaunch after :2_::4::K:, but now that I think about it, it's probably not high enough for a long combo.

So yeah, Bass is probably the only character with such a combo.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
No idea, since I don't have my copy right now nor do I play the character. However, if this sort of combo existed, then there would've been threads and footage of it already.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD