(#2) Yue's DoA Experience: SPAM

o_YUE_o

"Omg you freaking spammer!"
"You suck, learn how to play"
and last but not least...
935863_617892154911845_2002728601_n.jpg

(I can't make spoiler tags. (so if someone could help me out with that... that'd be great.)​
We all get to a point where we hear these certain phrase and either think to yourself "Man, this guy is a loser!" or laugh and keep it going. There's some things and differences about Spam that most people find difficult to understand. Obviously, if someone is spamming you might think it's a moment of desperation; However it isn't always the case.​
SPAM is a technique
(feel free to bombard me with hate comments)​
With that being said, I'll continue. Spam is used in a variety of different ways, and it can be used to throw off the opponent. It can change their playstyle and you'll be able to manipulate it, either they'll become too timid leaving them vulnerable to Throws and they'll go ape-shit and lose their composure, leaving them more likely to take damage and holds.​
Let's take a note to look at the differences between GOOD spam and BAD spam.
Good Spammer​
- Testing and Differentiating certain attack strings looking for a reaction​
- Takes the opponents moves and uses it against them.​
- Can chip away damage.​
- Only spams for a brief period of time unless, they know the opponent will attack.​
Bad Spammer​
- Has not taken the time to analyze the opponents playstyle​
- Spamming because they finding a way to get back at them​
- Easily predictable/ using predictable and reactable/interruptable strings.​
Now this is just my perspective, I usually never spam unless I have to. But its also Important to consider the attack strings you use, and take a look at the advantages and disadvantages. Every move in spamming has a reason to it. To play mind games. But sometimes this doesn't always work.​
[This is also what my matches kinda look like on DOA]​
Internet Fight.gif
[and this is what my matches look like on Soul Calibur almost everyday of the week]​
This pretty much sums it up for the subject of SPAM.​
-YUE​
Logic.gif

David Gregg

lol this thread made me realize that not once have I ever received hate mail in DOA5. Because let's face it, if Eliot beats you, there's really no excuse that you can use since most of his spam-y moves (actually most of them just in general) are very easy to counter/punish.

"The only reason you won was because I lost"
Ha ha amazing message.

"The only reason you won is because I lost", I'm guessing he never realized that that's the entire of the point of the damn game! This "logic" of his could be applied to any event that has a competitive aspect to it.

Some People...:rolleyes:

o_YUE_o

"The only reason you won is because I lost", I'm guessing he never realized that that's the entire of the point of the damn game! This "logic" of his could be applied to any event that has a competitive aspect to it.

Some People...:rolleyes:

Logic.gif
Indeed.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
lol this thread made me realize that not once have I ever received hate mail in DOA5. Because let's face it, if Eliot beats you, there's really no excuse that you can use since most of his spam-y moves (actually most of them just in general) are very easy to counter/punish.

DOA4 Tengu was far worse than DOA5 Eliot and I still got hate mail for winning with him, lol. People are just dumb.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't receive "hate mail" much. I just get people who say stuff like: "Ninjas are so cheap" or "Ninjas smdh" in the lobby chat after I Izuna spam them to death.

There are only a couple spams I consider cheap, and it's either because the move is retarded or because it behaves retardedly online. For example, spamming Christie's punch strings at nausea. Unsafe on block and easy to hold offline when you know they're gonna do it five bajillion times each match, but online? An unstoppable force of stupid terror.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I don't receive "hate mail" much. I just get people who say stuff like: "Ninjas are so cheap" or "Ninjas smdh" in the lobby chat after I Izuna spam them to death.

There are only a couple spams I consider cheap, and it's either because the move is retarded or because it behaves retardedly online. For example, spamming Christie's punch strings at nausea. Unsafe on block and easy to hold offline when you know they're gonna do it five bajillion times each match, but online? An unstoppable force of stupid terror.

To be fair though if you "spam" Izuna holds you're just playing Busa's defence correctly the whole point of the holds is to get rid of their punch game cuz if you keep holding them with Izunas you'd think they'd stop trying to spam PPPP because their just gonna get Izunas in their face. unless you mean Shohos which is actually still pretty funny since that can easily be sidestepped haha Busa isn't "cheap" or stupid they're the one that's stupid if they're falling for his Izuna baits xD (which incidentally I hear Brute likes to do.... A LOT lol)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
You guys are making my mouth water. Next time I play DOA, I'll be eating spam casserole at the same time. So basic, yet so filling.

I highly recommend Velveeta shells, BTW. With this, you'll feel a lot less guilty spamming in DOA, 'cause you'll be eating spam as you go. It's a fair trade.

synce

You can't spam in DOA, the counter system prevents it... Now if you had unblockables like Kazuya's lasers or Natsu's bombs then yeah I could see people getting upset. But even then you have to be a noob to keep falling for it

Yaguar

iirc Zack Beam is also unblockable.

Nope D:

I tried to spam once, then I learnt every that doesn't end in 6K is basically unsafe on Mila and shed some tears instead.

I've had some great hate mail in the past. It always seems to be for the matches you destroy people on.
My favourite was the giant hate I had on DOA4 for blocking (honestly, I got called cheap for blocking). Or how even though I was never vocal and usually said "gg" to people I had a 60% avoid on XBL for "Bad Sportsmanship"...

KasumiMugen

You don't know how often I get mails because of countering. They just don't understand it. I mean, of course I'm using Kasumi's "Sakura-Madoi" or "Sakura-Mayoi" when I get more damage out of it than with her normal counter. If they don't have a good mind game and just use mid-attacks, I'll counter them with it. Period. It's not spamming, it's using her advantages.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD