Tekken

TheHunterKiller692

I wish everything was more popular. How Tekken caught on and became the most popular 3D fighting game in the world is beyond me, and I don't think it's bad -- but I also don't like the feel of it.

With fighting games it's pretty much: DOA, VF and SC for me.
No Bloody Roar, eh?

Anyway, I think it has to do with the Saturn not doing as well in the States as it did in Japan, and I'm pretty sure DOA was mocked by Sony Ponies cuz Tekken came before it. Or, they hate Virtua Fighter.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
So something that caught me by surprise is that the girls are not porcelain dolls. They have pores and detail. 4K screenshots I took:

M5Hjpmy.jpg

2zNNz8W.jpg

wN3LgQD.jpg

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Bit of motion blur in the second photo, I don't see a setting to toggle off unfortunately.

Game is looking really good so far, still needs some polish before release. There's still some lighting issues that look jarring.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
I feel like VF would definitely be more popular if they would have just made a VF6 and not just VF5 Ultimate Showdown, there's not any real changes besides the graphics overhaul and I think that's why it was kinda paid dust, I don't think the Tekken 7 collab they did even helped it much since I don't really see people play it much besides at tournaments.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
VF5US was undone by not releasing with rollback. They had a chance and blew it. 5US is hot garbage. It's even missing features from FS still and visually the game is a mess.

5US was released during the pandemic and it was the same time Japanese developers should have wizened up that netcode matters. "Absorb" netcode, what a joke lmao

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
The difference between Lilis hair in Tekken 7 and Tekken 8 is literal night and day ♡.♡

Picsart_23-08-01_17-13-52-650.jpg

Screenshot_20230801_171657_Gallery.jpg

It has such a much better natural drape and I love how vibrant it is, I swear it's gonna be really hard to ever go back to Tekken 7 at this rate xD

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
It has such a much better natural drape and I love how vibrant it is, I swear it's gonna be really hard to ever go back to Tekken 7 at this rate xD
Play Lili on Leroy's city stage. Her hair color looks awful. That whole stage needs a lighting overhaul.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
I'm not believing the leaks till we see a better picture tbh, it's easy to make fake rosters like that when the picture quality is poor to better hide the fake photoshop xD I'm undecided on whether I believe it atm tho but if it's real they're likely gonna drop the game soon after changes if the roster is done. It does seem like some newcomers may be reserved for DLC which makes sense, Rashid is a DLC in SF6 when he was part of the base roster before

Plus some of the faces look fake, Alisa looks like modified Lili Render imo and the other cgs look a bit too plain to be anything of substance

Also I feel like I'm comfortable enough with Lili's changes and gameplan but I did watch a change video of Lili's frame data:

°qcf 1 is safe on block now

°df4 is 13i now

°ff2 is -13 when blocked now since it's not a crush. I don't care much for the move anymore anyway since they definitely added some recovery since the 4,1 follow up doesn't work during the launch anymore, you have to use d1,2b>BT1,2 to get into the tornado

°BT 3+4 is +1 on block ^.^ it's +8 and gives 50/50 mix up

°SS 1+2 is +0 on block

•d1,2,4 is unsafe at -12 on block now, I don't see why you would use it now since there's not much use for it anymore besides the d1,2

Derock

You might wanna rethink because that "fake leak" is real.

Original Raven is coming back.
Girl with flower on her head is named Azucena from Peru.
Both are going to be announced today
Other new characters:
So the "Kunimitisu II" looking character (Though, it could be the hooded girl left of Paul) is a new character named Reina, who is... ANOTHER illegitimate child of Heihachi.
Guy with eyepatch is named Victor from France.

... still no Julia Chang (or Michelle to make me super excited on base).

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Hmm well you're probably right then. It just seemed Alisa's face was too close to being the same as Lili's.

I love how leaks are always accompanied by blurry photos.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
It is hard to judge based on blurry images so I think it's justified to he cautious xD hopefully the character reveals will be good tho and we see some more stages and content^.^

Reactions: Rob

UpSideDownGRUNT

the Alisa render could be placeholder, reminder that Tekken 7 vanilla pre-release had tag 2 renders and stuff as placeholders.

Also the biggest thing that makes me think this might be real other than the bamco takedowns is the new characters if this was fake they wouldn't predict new characters lol

Guess we'll find out after T7 GFs as they are Announcing Raven and a new girl so thats show us if its real or fake.

T..J. Bernard

Idk if this was posted but from the beta, here are the different heat systems showcased. I like Jin's, Kazuya's, Jun's, & Lili's. Lars isn't bad either. But here's everyone's stuff so far...

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor

About time they added an improved version of what Josie could have been xD she seems to be Tekken's take on a hybrid between Mila from DOA and Laura in SF. I like her coffee obsession but hopefully her story is more fleshed out than that at the service, Katarina imo had way more personality

Raven I'm glad is back, and I'm liking the allusion to Master Ravens's comment that he had to he retrained. He seems alot more visually and mechanically interesting this time, even more than Master Raven xD the new stages look cool too, Master Ravens stage looks like a remastered Hell's Gate from Tekken 5 and the bottom level reminds me of the Gargoyles perch from Tekken 6, and the other stage seems like a mix up the Sheep Grasslands stage from Tekken 6 and the Pirate Cove from Tekken 5 as far as the bottom level

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD