If DOAD were to expand the lore, would you prefer more emphasis on Kasumi, Leifang, and Tina in the DOA1 storyline?

leitomifang

Felt like DOAD should have added more emphasis on Kasumi, Leifang, and Tina in the DOA1 storyline but TN like we know would favor the ninjas as always. If Kasumi, Leifang, and Tina were to be the focus of the DOA1 storyline in DOAD, how would they have been handled that DOA1 didn't in the first place?

Twin_T

The story centered around the ninjas' conflict with DOATEC, so if anything, we would probably get more emphasis and details on Ryu's role.
That said, I recall there have been some interactions where the combatants seem familiar amongst each other, so it could've been nice to have moments where they actually communicated in the first tournament. They could show us a build-up to Tina and Lei-fang's match in DOA2. Shoot, it could've been nice to see Tina put on or pull off a brown wig before/after the tournament.
As far as Kasumi, it would've been nice to see her face some setbacks, because Hayate, the next planned head of the Mugen Tenshin was recognized by his father. Kasumi was a back-up plan in the line of succession, meaning Hayate was stronger than Kasumi was at the time and still lost to Raidou AND Ayane. If Kasumi struggled to get to the finals, it would've shown a clear progression of skill that you wouldn't see in contrast to Kasumi blitzing everybody to the fight against Raidou. It would've also provided a reasonable justification for Kasumi to defeat Raidou, instead of her needing a Ryu Ex Machina to salvage the event.

I suppose at the end of the day, we just needed more scenes for DOA1. They could not have made it more obvious that they wanted to get that part out of the way, but another big issue I can think of is that the tournaments never actually held much significance in itself. The tournaments have always kind of just been there, but it never added anything to the story. In fact, the tournaments could've been removed and nothing would've changed.

Uberprinny

Kasumi only! How her actions affected the world around her. It invited dangers and hazards from tournament participants to inter dimensional level threats. Think of it as a ripple effect!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Technically depending on what lore path you follow Kasumi is stronger than Hayate and possibly smarter as well.

DOA1 by Itagaki clearly stated that Kasumi won with no help and that Hayate was physically and mentally dominated by Raidou in their village.

Following the DOAD storyline… it does put female characters in a weaker state, but they needed a way to no longer make it “Itagaki’s game.”

Uberprinny

You know....I hope we don't get the same revolting slop that we got from the DOA5LR and DOA6 storylines. EYE MEAN HELLO! THEY CAME FROM JAPAN! LAND OF MANGA AND ANIME! I feel like the story that we got was from an alternate version of Japan were the sky is red and the colors are always gray, white, and black!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD