Final Fantasy Thread

Jadeinchains

Sales news:
Final Fantasy XV for PS4 (and Pokemon Sun/Moon for the 3DS) were Amazon's most sold games this Christmas.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161227005118/en/

Other interesting news:
Final Fantasy XV is the series fastest selling game to date. (Which isn't that difficult since it's the first world wide simultanous release. ;))
- The PS4 version sold 690,471 copies in it's first week in Japan.
- The Xbox One version sold 3,791 copies in it's first week in Japan. Yep, that's just 0,5% percent of all sales... x__X

I wonder if they will even bother to bring the VII Remake to Xbox. I'm crossing my fingers for Nikotsumi of course.

Wow the Xbox really isn't popular in Japan! So it's the xbox that Nikotsumi uses? Well I hope they continue to release it on that. That's good that it sold well after how much time and effort they put into releasing it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm still waiting for the actual sales numbers of XV in NA/EU instead of them boasting about 5 million shipped and nothing about how many of those 5 million were actually sold.

You must be really on pins and needles... :(
May I ask why you even care?

Aerospark

Standard Donor
You must be really on pins and needles... :(
May I ask why you even care?
Despite me not liking XV, I still want to see it sell well. It was disheartening (and not surprising) to see XV's ~low~ sales in JP compared to previous entries in the series due to how the game was marketed plus, the fact that mobile gaming dominates in JP over console gaming nowadays. I don't wanna see my favorite series of all time that I grew up with start selling out so much to appeal to a broader audience and not sell well.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It sold even more due to Amazon reducing the price to $35. It's so simple yet can easily control the minds of one to fully believing it's expense. My, oh my.

to see XV's ~low~ sales in JP compared to previous entries in the series due to how the game was marketed plus, the fact that mobile gaming dominates in JP over console gaming nowadays. I don't wanna see my favorite series of all time that I grew up with start selling out so much to appeal to a broader audience and not sell well.

This is correct. Finally! a sane post!

We also have to provide the initiative returns and expect that 2,000,000+ that bought in and resulting factors of 700,000+ probably sold the game or traded it in as an example. Results comes a very long way. I enjoyed the hell out of FFXV but even the game has remarkable flaws that we can't just be gullible and naive to just leave out. I dare say, juicy graphics and sunshines does not automatically mean a better game.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Despite me not liking XV, I still want to see it sell well. It was disheartening (and not surprising) to see XV's ~low~ sales in JP compared to previous entries in the series due to how the game was marketed plus, the fact that mobile gaming dominates in JP over console gaming nowadays. I don't wanna see my favorite series of all time that I grew up with start selling out so much to appeal to a broader audience and not sell well.

Considering the sorry state of the console market in Japan the game sold actually well with 700k copies. By now it's 850k by the way. http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-xv-fourth-week-japanese-sales-figures/
Yes, FFXIII sold more in it's first week (1,5 million), but those were indeed different times. The XIII series overstaying it's welcome also put many fans off.
I think it can't really be helped... Japanese companies will also have to appeal to the bigger, global market in the future. This might also bring some benefits for us though, like faster localisations or even simultanous releases. A decade ago we had to wait for many Japanese games for ages or we even never got them. Now every PS4 game is bound to come to the West. That's where they make most of the money now.
World wide FFXV seems to sell really well according to all indications.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
But this is Final Fantasy. There is only a select few that did not reach overseas in localizing games, it's not a Tales series. I suppose if we are dealing with logic, then back then had an excellent time of management that can consistently shell out games without feeling any sorts of pullback or cuts.

Chapstick

Game companies would be stupid not to localize in this day and age. I've heard the recent Neptunia games have been complete failures in Japan yet have sold considerably better in the west

Jadeinchains

Japanese games are ten times out of two better than western ones anyway. XD

10 times out of 2?

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

jk
Game companies would be stupid not to localize in this day and age. I've heard the recent Neptunia games have been complete failures in Japan yet have sold considerably better in the west

It's a shame If they aren't selling well but at least It means we are getting more localization's and earlier to to their Japanese releases.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Well to be fair, games made by Compile Hearts/NIS/Gust are pretty low budget RPGs. We are talking about games that obtains typos+bad grammar and terrible VAs. Can't speak for JPN text, but when it gets shipped out here those gets noticed. Sales aren't too popular with those even on the west. Perhaps "now" maybe.

Also high noticed animes games been getting it too. J-Stars and Xenoverse 2 has actual typos in and they still didn't fix them with updates.

Chapstick

Well to be fair, games made by Compile Hearts/NIS/Gust are pretty low budget RPGs. We are talking about games that obtains typos+bad grammar and terrible VAs. Can't speak for JPN text, but when it gets shipped out here those gets noticed. Sales aren't too popular with those even on the west. Perhaps "now" maybe.
I've definitely seen a few typos but the Neptunia games have surprisingly good english VA's that fit the characters perfectly and I haven't seen any blatant grammar problems that I can recall. There is a problem with the gamed being voiced fully in Japanese and only partially in English with a lot of quiet scenes tho

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
On level 51 now. Still doing side quests and bounty hunts (via exploring the past from Umbra), before I move on to finish chapter 10.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I've definitely seen a few typos but the Neptunia games have surprisingly good english VA's that fit the characters perfectly and I haven't seen any blatant grammar problems that I can recall. There is a problem with the gamed being voiced fully in Japanese and only partially in English with a lot of quiet scenes tho

Which is such a strange thing... Aren't these types of niche JRPGs usually played by hardcore anime/manga/JRPG fans? Wouldn't they ususally prefer the original Japanese voices? I assume there are text bubbles on the screen anyway, which they could translate into English. This would cost less, they could concentrate more on just the text, no quiet scenes and the anime/manga/JRPG fan is happy.
When the developers of Tales of Berseria were on PAX (I think it was) they explained that they finally (I say finally, they didn't use that word obviously. XD) understood that the Tales fans in the West actually like Japanese game openings and that most want the Japanese voices in-game too. From now on the Tales series will keep those in the West. Great, now Tales games only have to become objectively good games again and I am game. :)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Swim around glitch in Altissia. You can swim around on parts that you are unable to go to. There's even a store (did this myself), a STORE on a area you can't even go to. That sells Potions, Elixers, and Antidotes. I assume they didn't add more to this store (or even going there) due to future DLC reasons or just left data alone. Lots of zombified NPCs, sample colored NPCs, and unorthodox building designs.

Also:

15726854_1832244890352486_3707549496018016193_n.png

Anytime, Bilbo.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Uh guys I'm stuck...I'm trying to look for this kings catacomb, is it in this dungeon? I'm trying to follow the marker on the map but I keep getting lost and when I exit I suddenly can't accurately track it

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD