DOA6 Gameplay Thread

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
My post didn't say anything about DOA5, stop fabricating shit. I said that the SE was most relevant in DOA4 and I stand by that. Shaving 3 frames off a stun isn't very noticeable, dropping to the ground in 3 frames is pretty noticeable.

You are basically saying it's more relevant than DOA5 when it isn't (most relevant in DOA4? really now). Son, where are these posts coming from?

Shaving 3 frames off a stun isn't very noticeable, dropping to the ground in 3 frames is pretty noticeable.

Oh, cool story.

Well doesn't really matter. Most of the players will be contributing most of the big factors in DOA6 anyway so half these posts I'm seeing is pretty laughable.

Last edited:

Keylay

Well there were a few instances on the stream, where a Break Blow connected, but the cinematic did not play and the opponent was put in Fatal Stun (sorry don't have timestamps or anything).

I thought that's just a bug and the game didn't properly detect that it should play the cinematic.
However Master said that you can press H/F/G (however you want to call it) to get that effect and gave the example that you can Super Launch throw -> juggle -> BB -> cancel -> Launch -> juggle (but he couldn't answer Shade's question if the opponent would be able to Break Hold the 2nd Launcher)

Here's a clip of Rojikku doing it:

It leaves Kasumi in a fatal stun so my guess is that a break hold would be able to get out of it. So you may or may not want to do it depending on if your opponent has any meter. Should make for some interesting combos. It probably can also be used to bait them into doing the breaker hold while you go for a throw as well.

ryu_highabusa

I've seen a BB(first hit canceled) into FR.I wasn't sure it if it was intentional or not...

Break Blow can intentionally be free-canceled per Wah:
YIaS61U.png

Most of the players will be contributing most of the big factors in DOA6 anyway so half these posts I'm seeing is pretty laughable.
What the fuck are you talking about? You really are autistic, aren't you?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Bruhhhh relax guys.

Oh pretty relaxed. It's just hilarious from players I never even seen before making these posts lol. Raansu on the other hand, I definitely remember and he's more sane on the matter.

------

Just seen a video in the FB competitive group with Helena's GB, apparently one of the GBs that was chargeable can now get a free hit uncharged.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Lei Fang and Hitomi trailer is here:
The new stage looks dope, and there's loads of DZs that everybody should be weary of when fighting on here. More importantly, even though the trailer was one minute long, there's somethings regarding Lei Fang and Hitomi that I feel like I must address.

Leifang:
  • Seems to have a new Low Kick hold/Sabaki attack which puts the enemy in deep stun. This is crazy, as this situation already enforces a mix-up. Probably going to be better to launch immediately after, or persue :s: strings for guaranteed damage.
  • Unshu (4P+K) looks like it's easier to Sabaki attacks? In the trailer, she gets hit by Hitomi's 3KP on NH, and uses Unshu for the 4P part of the string.
  • S string looks nice and fitting to her character.
  • Her OHs are still apparent.
Hitomi:
  • Has Ein's BT 4P. Looks like she can do it without being backturned though?
  • Now has a new mid K attack after 3P. Most likely going to be 3PK.
  • Why does 33T feel like it's now an OH? It has the same sound effect as an OH it seems? But I think nah, because Hitomi never made an indication noise like the other OHs, and it's start up is wayyyyy too fast. Answered my own question there.
  • New string after 3K. Probably 3KP+KP?

Will see at gamescom tomorrow. Unfortunately I was unable to go like I said I would. Sux.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I knew it looked familiar, I thought it was his 7P but you're right its his back turn punch I wonder what other moves she's borrowed from Ein? WRK? in my dreams

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Truthfully, I see her taking KK (The properties anyway), 6P and 8P strings? Other than that I think they wanna leave some shit so that the possibility of releasing Ein DLC is there. Hitomi with WRK is busted. Busteddddd

Raansu

Hitomi's BB is perfect!

Hitomi:

• Why does 33T feel like it's now an OH? It has the same sound effect as an OH it seems? But I think nah, because Hitomi never made an indication noise like the other OHs, and it's start up is wayyyyy too fast. Answered my own question there.

Its the same sound it always makes. I wouldn't complain if 214T became an OH again though lol.

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Hitomi deadass is the universal counter pick in this game (This doesn't mean I'm saying she's top tier, hold your horses). Having an OH on her as well would be scary as hell lmaooo

GarryJaune

Lei Fang and Hitomi trailer is here:
The new stage looks dope, and there's loads of DZs that everybody should be weary of when fighting on here. More importantly, even though the trailer was one minute long, there's somethings regarding Lei Fang and Hitomi that I feel like I must address.

Leifang:
  • Seems to have a new Low Kick hold/Sabaki attack which puts the enemy in deep stun. This is crazy, as this situation already enforces a mix-up. Probably going to be better to launch immediately after, or persue :s: strings for guaranteed damage.
  • Unshu (4P+K) looks like it's easier to Sabaki attacks? In the trailer, she gets hit by Hitomi's 3KP on NH, and uses Unshu for the 4P part of the string.
  • S string looks nice and fitting to her character.
  • Her OHs are still apparent.
Hitomi:
  • Has Ein's BT 4P. Looks like she can do it without being backturned though?
  • Now has a new mid K attack after 3P. Most likely going to be 3PK.
  • New string after 3K. Probably 3KP+KP?

Will see at gamescom tomorrow. Unfortunately I was unable to go like I said I would. Sux.
I tend to believe that is leifang's new low kick sabaki which really fuck things up ,damn how could we deal with this bitch in close range gambling game.Because in many cases,a low sweep is the best way for charactors's without a good OH to deal with her semi safe options,like:rig::zack::hayabusa::hitomi::hayate::ein::genfu:s :2::h::+::K: .

GarryJaune

Hitomi deadass is the universal counter pick in this game (This doesn't mean I'm saying she's top tier, hold your horses). Having an OH on her as well would be scary as hell lmaooo
lol definately she won't have OH ,meanwhile KT removes her OH for reasons.

Raansu

Why? She's overall pretty average in most matchups. Leifang has an OH and significantly more dangerous than Hitomi. I would quite like to have the OH back. Made for a nice trap setup after a parry in DoA4.

lol definately she won't have OH ,meanwhile KT removes her OH for reasons.

They removed it because they reverted OH's back to being per character instead of just a universal tool in which the entire cast had at least 2.

GarryJaune

Why? She's overall pretty average in most matchups. Leifang has an OH and significantly more dangerous than Hitomi. I would quite like to have the OH back. Made for a nice trap setup after a parry in DoA4.

They removed it because they reverted OH's back to being per character instead of just a universal tool in which the entire cast had at least 2.
yes and that makes sense,this differentiation of OH was one of the reasons that making DOA5 a better game

so I think hitomi won't get her OHs back;)

Raansu

yes and that makes sense,this differentiation of OH was one of the reasons that making DOA5 a better game

so I think hitomi won't get her OHs back;)

Oh no I was totally in favor of removing universal OH's and I'm fine with Hitomi not having one. Just saying it would be nice if she did lol.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
New Interview shows gameplay for Hitomi and Leifang. Video creds: @ZakkuRye

Changes I've noticed (disorganised, but ordered in what I saw chronologically):
  • Leifang has a new Mid Kick after 1P. 1PK will probably launch on threshold's edge.
  • Leifang's K2K seems to not launch anymore at the end of threshold? Could be wrong.
  • The Barrels on the lower level of the new stage explode and hit the ceiling. Hayabusa will be dope on this stage you know.
  • Forbidden Fortune is FULL of danger zones oh my lord.
  • Leifang's 7P wallsplats now.
  • Hitomi has a new bounding Mid Punch after 214KP. Probably will be 214KPP as the notation. Can get 236P as a combo ender from this.
  • Nothing new to see from Hayabusa and Hayate yet.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD