DOA5LR Dead Or Alive and Senran Kagura discussion

Argentus

lol idk. Maybe the cartooney art style or their secret ninja art just reminds me of summoning Pokémon (when they call their animals to attack).

When there's a bunch of enemies I agree it's a mash fest I keep moving around and pressing buttons. Against another shinobi though it does require some strategy which is what a lot of your battles will be. Even on normal I lose pretty regularly as opposed to Bayonetta where I could make it close to the final levels on easy very rarely dying.

The funny part is you are better off never using combos or air combos or chasers though. Just mash the default square string, pause while they do a wakeup attack, repeat.

So yeah its prettymashy

David Gregg

The funny part is you are better off never using combos or air combos or chasers though. Just mash the default square string, pause while they do a wakeup attack, repeat.

So yeah its prettymashy

Interesting and noted. Maybe I'll have better luck now against them. XD

Tempest

So yeah its prettymashy
I don't know how far you got in the game but that won't work on a lot of the harder missions, or on frantic mode in general.

Argentus

I don't know how far you got in the game but that won't work on a lot of the harder missions, or on frantic mode in general.
Yeah but who said anything about frantic mode? Its worked the entire game and all the girls personal missions, with only two exceptions.

1) the giant bear girls, who don't fkinch so you have to air juggle them

2) certain characters like ryona can actually get use out of their triangle attack. Most are pointless gimmicks though.

Interesting and noted. Maybe I'll have better luck now against them. XD
Yeah the game says to use air juggles but they just waste time lol. Only good for getting the combo counter up.

Sounds just like DOA to me.
If you play using only the basic pppp string and literally nothing else, then sure.

Baal bal

Still no preview of the DLCs ? That's weird.
Indeed.
I don't know what they are up to, but it look like they are in some big trouble with the PC version... They really fucked up this time, look at all those downgrades... and 3 other fucking months without online ?! The hell ?
I won't retract on my pre-order because I still have some love for TN and DOA stored somewhere, but it was a close call. (hopefully we will have MOD for patching the graphics)
They better came up with some solid online after that ! It might be a good moment to announce a truly well-made DLC so as to make the pill pass...

TheRealCoxinator

Indeed.
I don't know what they are up to, but it look like they are in some big trouble with the PC version... They really fucked up this time, look at all those downgrades... and 3 other fucking months without online ?! The hell ?
I won't retract on my pre-order because I still have some love for TN and DOA stored somewhere, but it was a close call. (hopefully we will have MOD for patching the graphics)
They better came up with some solid online after that ! It might be a good moment to announce a truly well-made DLC so as to make the pill pass...
I thought PC people got some dlc for free or something.

Blash

Just had a look at the revisited PC specs there on the Japanese site, and with so many new functions such as the soft skin engine now excluded, it looks like they have hit some brick walls with this version. 4K being supported is good, but you will need a good machine for that.

Anyway, I agree, they should really be spending more time advertising the SK pack to divert from the PCs rocky start!

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Yeah Marie Roses eyebrows are distracting
I never thought I would say this but the DOA character's tits are too damn realistic for these costumes to look their best.
The costumes just look like paper on realistic models. I wish they put some textures on the costumes, they all look very flat so far.

Baal bal

Yeah Marie Roses eyebrows are distracting
The costumes just look like paper on realistic models. I wish they put some textures on the costumes, they all look very flat so far.
I like it like that. I guess everyone have different preferences, and I do prefer those outfit the way they are on more realistic models. Kasumi just look awesome with Asuka's dress, I think it suit her even more.
Also,in theory, Kasumi and Asuka have nearly the same chest ( Asuka is 90cm and Kasumi is 89cm, but asuka is an Fcup and we don't know Kasumi's cup. I believe she is a double D, may be E).
It's just a matter of character design. It would look so awkward if they altered the proportions IMO.

5 more days until the Senran Kagura DLC releases. I'm going to make a list and see how accurate I am when it launches for fun.The official trailer on page 1 however announcing the collaboration way back when includes images of girls from all 4 schools. There are 16 outfits being released and 17 DoA girls, someone is getting exlcuded it seems and not every character in SK is making. Also, I'm going to assume the 14 girls in the image are the ones that will make it.

1. Kasumi - Asuka Confirmed

2. Marie Rose - Mirai Confirmed

3. Helena - Haruka Confirmed

4. Honoka - Hibari Confirmed

5. Phase 4 - Homura That should be a given seeing as Asuka and Homura are opposites.

6. Leifang - Yagyuu? Makes sense and would be an awesome outfit for my main. Ryobi is also a possibility

7. Tina - Katsuragi - Pretty confident this will be Tina. In the anime her Kekkai is a wrestling ring so that kinda hints at it.

8. Ayane - Rin/Shizune If I had to guess, that's the only one that makes sense.

9. Christie - Miyabi Perfect match

10. Kokoro - Murakumo Pretty confident here, they even have the same side ponytail.

This is where it gets difficult..

11. Nyotengu - Yumi Well.. Yumi DOES have a fan..

12. Momiji - Ikaruga Wild guess there. I might pickup whoever gets this one..

13. Rachel - Daidouji They both have abs idk.

There are 2 characters left and 7 SK characters to pick from: Yomi, Minori, Yozakura, Shiki, Ryona, Murasaki, Hikage, Imu, and 3 of those were included in the image I didn't give a match for so I'm stumped.

14. Hitomi -

15. Mila - Yozakura..? Doesn't fit, but at least a certain someone on here would get his wish of a blue-haired Mila, ..Maybe.

16. Lisa -

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD