Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoodsXx

We know this article, but in the first "conference" it was also said that about Tengu they are still listening the feedback of the fans.
This article was posted today lol. How could you know about this "article" from before. Normally when a director confirms something it's usually set in stone... Also unless we heard from Shimbori himself about Tengu. Then really, I'm not going to buy what the other guy said, (normally you'd translate to the director) if they can't understand english very well, what the question was, and he'll tell you what to say. That's normally how it goes.

D

Deleted member 473

This article was posted today lol. How could you know about this "article" from before. Normally when a director confirms something it's usually set in stone... Also unless we heard from Shimbori himself about Tengu. Then really, I'm not going to buy what the other guy said, (normally you'd translate to the director) if they can't understand english very well, what the question was, and he'll tell you what to say. That's normally how it goes.

WHAT?? I swear you don't even know what you're talking about. He meant this article was already posted, you're late.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/1...i-has-a-double-jump-rachel-is-a-heavy-hitter/

So, uhh.... I'm satisfied with what we got, but...

DL characters may still be an option. But, I dunno if that'll go over well...

Kronin

I mean that this article was already posted in the forum. It's possible that you are right, but personally I' m really sure that they will add Tengu in th end if people request for it, overall after the "promise" made by Shimbori.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I'm blessed to have Rachel but if Tengu fans are just going to hate on her because Tengu's not in the game then I'll support Banko the best I can, there's no reason for him to be excluded anyway.
I'm doing this for Rachel, she needs more demons to slay anyways

Jaguar360

Does no one care about genra besides me?

Forever alone.

Oh and I'm on your side brute, I've always hated rachel since I played NGB, and in that one you don't even play as her. I don't even want to think about having to be forced to play her in NGS.

Genra's my fave DOA boss, I hope he comes back. However, he's the least popular and involved DOA boss, too so I don't think he'll be coming back any time soon. :( People would also complain about his projectiles.

Rubedood

Momiji's taunt in that twitch interview... Combined with this, my interest has been renewed.

nNY2hPd.jpg
Hank%20dat%20ass.png

Akumasama

I'd really love Tengu, Shiden (alternate Hayate style basically, getting some stuff from DoA3 and DoA4), Genra and especially Raidou but at this point it's not gonna happen :'(

Glad we at least got Ein and Leon back, and that we're not getting a 5th VF character.

Raansu

Condescending asshole as always I see. Too bad though, I'm not going to work to position myself in the moment when I've already counter blown my opponent and know I can launch them. It's completely silly to give up guaranteed damage (post launch damage), especially if the issue of positioning was caused by my opponent.

You talk like a fight is black and white but its not.

And at the end of the day it is still 100% your fault for allowing your opponent to get an advantageous positioning. You take what you can get. If you fail to get better positioning that is your own fault just as it is your own fault for leaving your back to a wall. Positioning was always a key strategy (less so now but still there) and if you fail to pay attention to your positioning then why should you be rewarded as such? This is why slopes were great in older DoA's. It had a double impact. Position correctly and you get rewarded with a bigger juggle. Position poorly and the defender is rewarded slightly for doing his best by keeping you out of positioning yourself on a descending slope. Sadly DoA5 limits such rewards, but it still doesn't change the fact that you should still pay attention to your positioning whether it be a wall,dangerzone or a slope.

You can call me condescending all you want, but there really is no arguing against it. There is nothing silly about it, and you are only giving up damage if you allow it to happen. No matter how you try to play it off, at the end of the day you failed to control your opponent.

TakedaZX

And at the end of the day it is still 100% your fault for allowing your opponent to get an advantageous positioning. You take what you can get. If you fail to get better positioning that is your own fault just as it is your own fault for leaving your back to a wall. Positioning was always a key strategy (less so now but still there) and if you fail to pay attention to your positioning then why should you be rewarded as such? This is why slopes were great in older DoA's. It had a double impact. Position correctly and you get rewarded with a bigger juggle. Position poorly and the defender is rewarded slightly for doing his best by keeping you out of positioning yourself on a descending slope. Sadly DoA5 limits such rewards, but it still doesn't change the fact that you should still pay attention to your positioning whether it be a wall,dangerzone or a slope.

You can call me condescending all you want, but there really is no arguing against it. There is nothing silly about it, and you are only giving up damage if you allow it to happen. No matter how you try to play it off, at the end of the day you failed to control your opponent.

That's great, but just because a person gets a random tech roll to a certain direction and leaves themselves open to get counter blown doesn't make it my fault if I take the opportunity. A person who sidestep attacks and attacks from disadvantage on that everytime will be prone to getting counter blown. My options are to "reposition" and possibly leave myself open, or take my free damage from a possibly correct guess. How am I at fault for making a correct decision.

All you talk about with Hitomi is how you're mad about not getting this guaranteed damage and when a situation pops up to where you can get something free and work from there, you want to say it's a bad idea to take the damage that is most likely going to be free? How does that sound? Or rather how does it sound to have a stun already and just because a juggle could be messed up, you let the stun fade to slightly move left and go into a tougher guessing game.

No one here is saying don't position correctly but if you're honestly trying to say give up a read or stun just so you can "reposition", you're out of your damn mind... but seeing as you don't play as characters with this issue it doesn't really matter.

Julius Rage

You guys demanding Rachel were assholes. Momiji, Jacky and every character who didn't make the cut from dimensions should have re appeared.

Raidou, Genra, Shinden, Ein and Leon...fuck put in Kasumi Alpha too. It's just.really stupid to me that this is supposed to be the ultimate version of DOA and the roster is missing 5 cast members.

Atleast get Tengu in the shit!

DeathHand

still hoping for a new cool male character....and I mean male like Hayate or Busa not male like Eliot xDI know I know its not gonna happen =´(

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD