Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

DR2K

While blocking? I didn't even know you could do that in DOA5. Now in Soul Cal V, yes you were able to backdash cancel into a block, and even SS cancel into a block. I don't recall that in DOA5.

In DOA5 you're blocking and backdashing and the animation is gltiched during.

Musourenka

If they're going to keep that warp backdash in, might as well give it to everyone.

Other than Mila and the Virtua Fighters, who's the fifth character that can warpdash?

Jefffcore

If they're going to give it to everyone they might as well take it out. Completely ruins the ground game.

d3v

Thats a glitch, theres no way they intended for any character to be able to move backwards that quickly - as evidence by the fact that everyone can't do it. Theres a problem with the coding that allows that to happen and I'm going to bring it to Team Ninja's attention.

Seriously, if anyone pulls that on me during a tournament I'm going to yell "Glitch" at the top of my lungs and go back to the character select screen - its straight bullshit. Many characters have the ability to close and create distance with moves provided to them that are outlined in the manual by Dr. Dogg and the comman training mode - if it were a legitmate technique that they intended to be a part of the experience it would have been detailed somewhere offically.
Who the heck cares if BDC is a glitch. Y'all should be thinking "how do I use this to win" instead of "OMG TECMO PATCH THIS SHIT!" Anyone who complains about it is a scrub plain and simple. This is fighting games, something that UltraDavid once described as being "skill based dickery." You aren't playing for "honor" or "fairness," you are playing to win, plain and simple, even if that does mean having to be "cheap."

As for what the "developers intended," guess what, no competitive fighting game is ever played as the "developers intended." Fuck it, the way combos were developed in Street Fighter II was never something the developers intended. Thanks to this, fighting games have always been very, very emergent. It's the players who dictate how the game is played in the end. Even when stuff is patched, the FGC has more often than not just rejected the updated version when an unpopular change is made.

DR2K

Who the heck cares if BDC is a glitch. Y'all should be thinking "how do I use this to win" instead of "OMG TECMO PATCH THIS SHIT!" Anyone who complains about it is a scrub plain and simple. This is fighting games, something that UltraDavid once described as being "skill based dickery." You aren't playing for "honor" or "fairness," you are playing to win, plain and simple, even if that does mean having to be "cheap."

It shouldn't be in the game though. It's obviously a mistake with the 5 new characters back dash animations.

It's not broken or cheap yet, but it looks dumb and glitched. It's not a tool that any character needs or should need. This isn't the age of MVC2 where we just sit down and have to work around game breaking glitches or crippled character balance based on a multitide of broken exploits.

d3v

It shouldn't be in the game though. It's obviously a mistake with the 5 new characters back dash animations.

It's not broken or cheap yet, but it looks dumb and glitched. It's not a tool that any character needs or should need. This isn't the age of MVC2 where we just sit down and have to work around game breaking glitches or crippled character balance based on a multitide of broken exploits.
I'm simply going to assume that a) you don't understand the competitive mindset and that b) you've failed to notice all the stuff we've been breaking lately (unblockables in SSFIV, TAC infinites in UMvC3).

DR2K

I'm simply going to assume that a) you don't understand the competitive mindset and that b) you've failed to notice all the stuff we've been breaking lately (unblockables in SSFIV, TAC infinites in UMvC3).

I understand it and notice it, but I disagree with some of it. You either make a tool like this universal or not at all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD