A Sonic fighter based on DOA? Thoughts?

Argentus

No... Oh god no
....because?

Oh also I found a 3d model on deviant art that shows how on picturing in game looking.

479px-Finiwikipic.PNG

Dr-Finitevus-about-to-destroy-Knuckles-1-knuckles-the-echidna-21270834-479-222.png

best_of_dr__finitevus_by_sinxbreaker-d4txtl4.jpg

And here's how imagine the transition to in game model would be like
DR__Finitevus_by_kichigai.jpg

Last edited:

Argentus

Stage ideas

Robotropolis - War Room
Robotropolis - Roboticization chambers
Robotropolis - Streets
Robotropolis - Battalion Deployment
Robotropolis - Fallout
Arctic Tundra
Stardust Speedway
Special Zone
(The) Silence
Downunda - Great Crater
Downunda - Craters Edge
Downunda - Prison Camp
Downunda - River Rapids
Angel Isle - mushroom forest
Angel Isle - Dark Tower
Angel isle - ancient ruins
Angel isle - Emerald Chamber
Knothole - Great Forest
Knothole - Underground
Knothole - Village
Knothole - Lake of Rings
Death Egg - Silver Sonic chamber
Flicky Isle
Flicky zone
Devil's Gulag
Plane Crash
Zone Corps HQ
Egg Carrier - Deck
Egg Carrier - Interior

Argentus

Okaym. Tried tweaking roster and coming up with basic outlines. Any suggestions or comments?

I listed the character, q basic idea of their play style, and other fighting game character for reference to the style I'm thinking for them

Heroes
Sonic The Hedgehog: High Mobility Spins and Kicks.
- Ayane, Rig, Lisa (Dead or Alive)
- Taki, Talim (Soul Calibur)
- Mileena, Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat)
- Elena (Street Fighter)

Princess Sally Acorn: Balanced Striker.
- Hitomi, Ein. (DOA)
- Asuka (Tekken)

Antoine D'Coolette: Fencing, swordsmanship. Wields a Saber.
- Raphael, Amy (Soul Calibur)
- Foxxy (King of Fighters)

Scarlett "Bunnie" Rabbot: Long range power character. Long reach and lunges, but slow startup on moves.
- Dhalsim (SF)
- Alisa (Tekken)
- Mega man (Marvel vs Capcom 2)

Miles "Tails" Prower: ? Possibly gadgets and tail attacks.
- Kokonoe, Makoto (Blazblue)

Rob O' The Hedge: Uses bow as quarterstaff plus trick shots.
- Green Arrow ( Injustice)
- Gambit (mvc2)

Knuckles The Echidna: Power Boxer. Can also glide and burrough underground for rising uppers.
- Balrog (SF)
- Potempkin (Guilty Gear)
- Jax (Mortal Kombat)
- Gundam maxter (Gundam battle assault 2)
- Makoto Nanaya (Blazblue)
- Zenia Valof (arcana heart)

Mighty the Armadillo: Power Character. Has a Berserk system similar to Banes Venom that augments his strength.
- Clark, Ralf (KoF)
- Bane (Injustice): gods among us)
- Kanji (Persona 4 Arena)

Espio the Chameleon: token ninja. Fights like Ryu with Ayanes backspins. Camouflage functions like teleports. Camoports!
- Ryu, Ayane (DoA)

Vector the Crocodile: Power Grappler. Bites to grab. Slow to move, but quick to attack.
- Bass (DOA)
- Astaroth (SC)
- Leatherhead (Turtles in Time)

Guntiver the arctic wolf: Fights on all fours in a feral style.
- Kiba (Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm)
- Wolf O'Donnel (Super Smash Bros Brawl)

Erma the Ermine: Hit and Run, evasive style using cloaking ability.
- Reptile (mortal Kombat)
- Ibuki (SF)

Barby Koala: Tactical striker.
- Leona, Blue Mary (kof)
- Mila (DOA)
- Vanessa (virtually fighter)

Geoffrey St. John: Tactical grappler.
- Bayman (DOA)
- Blue Mary (Kof)
- Bullet (bb)

Locke: ? If knuckles were balanced instead of a power character?

Mecha Knuckles: Heavy power character. Very slow, but can propel forward with thrusters, fly, and push/pull opponents with magnetic claws.
- Iron Tager (blazblue)
- Maxima (kof)

Julie-Su: ?

Constable Remington: ?

Thunderhawk: Relaxed combatant.
- Slayer (guilty gear)
- Brad Wong (DoA)
- Miguel (tekken)
- shen ( kof)

Spectre: Indirect magic attacks. Absolutely no physical attacks.
- Nero Chaos (melty blood)
- Ermac mortal kombat)
- Dormammu (mvc3)

Lupe Wolf: ?

Leeta & Lyco: ? C1 is leeta. C2 is lyco.

Silver the Hedgehog: Telekinesis. Terrible at hand to hand.
- Ermac, Rain (Mortal Kombat)
- Magneto (Marvel vs Capcom)

Rouge The Bat: Flying and power kicks
- Purple chick from Street Fighter
- Rig, Leon, Nyotengu - dead or alive
- Shermie - Kof

Omega: OVERKILL ENGAGE.
Gundam Heavy Arms Custom - Gundam Battle Assault 2
Sentinel - MvC2

Gamma: Precision potshots and and Ricochet
- Robogirls - Blazblue
- Venom - Guilty Gear
- Cyclops - MvC2

Emerl: Random button.
- Mokujin - Tekken
- Charade - Soul Caliber.

Villains
Scratch & Grounder: Control Scratch, but direct Grounder as main offense.
- Kankuro - Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
- Carl Clover - Blazblue
- Stands - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Bean the Dynamite: Boom spam
- Bean the Dynamite - Sonic the Fighters
- Peacock - Skull girls

Bark the Polar Bear - Mighty Glacier
- Nemesis - MvC3
- Leon - DoA
- Potempkin - GG

Snively Robotnik, aka Colin Kintobor Jr.: ?

King Maximillion Acorn, aka Max The Cursed: Sword and Shield..l
- Taskmaster - MVC3
- Sophitia, Hilde - SC

Metal Sonic: High speed single movements and talon slashes.
- Fortune - Skull girls
- Alisa - Tekken
- Wolverine - MVC

Nack The Weasel: Feints and confusion
- waluigi guy from soul caliber

Sleuth Dawg: ?

Fiona Fox: ?

Crocbot: ?

Combot: ?

Enerjak: energy wielding
- Gill/Urien: Street Fighter
- Black heart, Dormammu -mvc

Kragok: ?

Lien-Da: Standards dominatrix with whip
- Ivy - SC
- Whip -KoF
- Rachel - DOA

Flying Frog: ?

Sgt. Simian: Armor Grappler with reach
- Cerebella - Skull girls
- Sheeva - Mortal Kombat
- Alex - Street Fighter
- Leon - DOA

Predator Hawk: ?

Lightning Lynx: Speed Striker. Strings move like DBZ and has special evasive maneuvers in all 8 directions like dashes in Burst Limit. The Hayate to Espio's Ryu.
- Hayate - DOA.

General Helmut Von Stryker: ?

Warlord Kodos: ?

Uma Arachnis: Multi limbed Combatant and spider contortions
- Spiral - MVC
- Sheeva- MK
- Voldo - SC
- Jack - Power Stone

Drago the Wolf: Joke character
- Dan Hibiki - Street Fighter
- the doberman from Road Rovers
- Hercule - Dbz

Shadow the Hedgehog: Chaos powers plus Sonics speed minus the acceleration. Mix of Sonic and Enerjak.

Scourge the Hedgehog: High speed, very strong, brutal single attacks. Trades sonics combo ability for raw damage.
- Shen, Vice, Yamazaki- KOF

Any other suggestions or any that sound interesting, or not so interesting, to you guy? I'm honestly trying to think this all out.

If you want to look any of them up to see more about them, go here

Archiesonic.wikia.com

Jaguar360

I actually had an idea similar to this and planned to start actually making a fangame for it this summer, but I didn't have time to start working on it because of summer homework and college stuff.

My idea was more based on the games in terms of characters and setting and incorporating gameplay from DOA, Sonic the Fighters, and other ideas that I had.

I'll post more later if anyone is interested once I get the notebook I had all the stuff in. I think the final character roster idea I had was:
  • Sonic
  • Tails
  • Knuckles
  • Amy
  • Honey the Cat (from Sonic the Fighters)
  • Shadow
  • Silver
  • Rouge
  • Espio
  • Vector
  • Cream (unlockable)
  • Blaze (unlockable)
  • Metal Sonic (unlockable)
  • Dr. Eggman (unlockable)
  • Chaos (unlockable)
  • Fang the Sniper (unlockable)
  • Emerl/Gemerl (unlockable)
  • Shade the Echidna (unlockable)
  • E-123 Omega (unlockable)
  • Charmy Bee (unlockable)
Anyway, I think a new Sonic fighting game of any kind would be awesome! This idea looks very cool Argentus.

Argentus

I actually had an idea similar to this and planned to start actually making a fangame for it this summer, but I didn't have time to start working on it because of summer homework and college stuff.

My idea was more based on the games in terms of characters and setting and incorporating gameplay from DOA, Sonic the Fighters, and other ideas that I had.

I'll post more later if anyone is interested once I get the notebook I had all the stuff in. I think the final character roster idea I had was:
  • Sonic
  • Tails
  • Knuckles
  • Amy
  • Honey the Cat (from Sonic the Fighters)
  • Shadow
  • Silver
  • Rouge
  • Espio
  • Vector
  • Cream (unlockable)
  • Blaze (unlockable)
  • Metal Sonic (unlockable)
  • Dr. Eggman (unlockable)
  • Chaos (unlockable)
  • Fang the Sniper (unlockable)
  • Emerl/Gemerl (unlockable)
  • Shade the Echidna (unlockable)
  • E-123 Omega (unlockable)
  • Charmy Bee (unlockable)
Anyway, I think a new Sonic fighting game of any kind would be awesome! This idea looks very cool Argentus.
Well if you want to team up on it I'm game. Though I qm absolutely insisting that characters don't float or bounce, they just fall, period, so juggles and launchers won't be much of a thing.

As for that roster,

I'm iffy on playable robotnik because he's like three times bigger than everyone else.

Reverse for Charmy. He's too small.

Shade is just an expy of Julie Su, so rather than advertise a knockoff, I was planning on just making Shade a costume for Julie-Su.

That okay with you or no? I'm going comics for a more diverse roster, plus able to do a story mode that way :)

Jaguar360

Well if you want to team up on it I'm game. Though I qm absolutely insisting that characters don't float or bounce, they just fall, period, so juggles and launchers won't be much of a thing.

As for that roster,

I'm iffy on playable robotnik because he's like three times bigger than everyone else.

Reverse for Charmy. He's too small.

Shade is just an expy of Julie Su, so rather than advertise a knockoff, I was planning on just making Shade a costume for Julie-Su.

That okay with you or no? I'm going comics for a more diverse roster, plus able to do a story mode that way :)
I'll probably be to busy to do anything with this anytime soon, but I'll get back to you on it if I do have time. I was mainly just saying what I have thought about previously on a similar topic.

I was thinking Robotnik would be in some type of mech thing made for fighting and sized down kind of like how Bowser is in Smash.
Charmy could probably be resized to the size of Cream.

Looking at my notebook, I realized that Omega wasn't part of my plans and that Marine was there instead, but I think Omega would be better than Shade as a character since he's more relevant.

The gameplay I had in mind was actually pretty much the opposite of yours, so that's interesting. I had envisioned gameplay like DOA's, but more focused on movement both on the ground and in the air. It would be a 3D fighter, but characters would have double jumps like in 2D fighters or Smash and running would be a much bigger part of the game, like an enclosed, 3D version of Smash in a way.
Because of air being added as another component to the game, characters would be able to jump into the air and continue their combos, which no other 3D fighter allows as far as I know. So yeah, pretty much the opposite of your idea lol.
Triangle system would remain present in some form and there would be an additional command called Special which would similarly to how certain P+K/strong punch commands work in DOA, so Sonic would be able to Spin Dash or boost from this and Amy would be able to use her Hammer.
I also thought the barrier concept from Sonic the Fighters might be interesting to incorporate, but I hadn't decided on it yet.

So yeah, ^those were just stuff that I had thought up during the summer. Despite our ideas being so different, I really like your idea; sounds like the Sonic comic series meets Virtua Fighter, or something similar. Any Sonic fighting game is a winner in my book. If this was actually made into a game, I would be thrilled. I'll probably give feedback on other stuff later on.

Argentus

You going to program this from scratch? Like make your own engine?
I dunno yet. Right now its just concept. I'll probably try using Unreal or Unity. If not.. I'll hafta learn programming lol. Its an ambitious project that'll be good for portfolio at least.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I dunno yet. Right now its just concept. I'll probably try using Unreal or Unity. If not.. I'll hafta learn programming lol. Its an ambitious project that'll be good for portfolio at least.

Going to need to learn more then programming if you want to make physics and shit lol. Unity is good to start, you can get assets (ex. physics, lighting system etc..) free from the store or purchase them.

If you going to use Unity, start learning C#

You should get visual studio express and get familiar with the language before you start this project though. Hit up some youtube videos for tutorials, make programs to get familiar with the language and use forums such as reddit/r/learningprogramming and stackoverflow if you have questions or need help

Argentus

Going to need to learn more then programming if you want to make physics and shit lol. Unity is good to start, you can get assets (ex. physics, lighting system etc..) free from the store or purchase them.

If you going to use Unity, start learning C#

You should get visual studio express and get familiar with the language before you start this project though. Hit up some youtube videos for tutorials, make programs to get familiar with the language and use forums such as reddit/r/learningprogramming and stackoverflow if you have questions or need help
Yeah all I know how to do is modeling, particle effects, lighting, and animation lol. All the visual stuff.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD