Community Voting: Online Contributor of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius Rage

D3V
217.jpg

The Writer

44: That’s the number of DOA related articles D3V has posted on Shoryuken.com’s front page this year and, let’s be completely honest: Shoryuken isn’t the most accommodating place for a Dead or Alive supporter to ply his craft, this we know. Yet, in spite of the stigma, D3V goes out of his way to support the series and keep it from sliding out of the discussion and uses his credibility to elevate our series.

It may not read as impressive as some of the other nominees on this list but, don’t get it twisted, he’s doing the same work.

Master
57.jpg

The Bridge
For all intents and purposes, TKPlayers is DOAWorld. After DOACentral ceased to existed TKPlayers rose from its ashes…and it was not the success anyone who supported it had hoped for. It took some time but, ultimately, the decision was made to refocus and move the lion’s share of TK’s DOA content and contributors to DOAW and it paid serious dividends.

DOAW now caters to both Hardcore and Casual fans in an equal light. This feat has been largely credited to Master, the proverbial lighting rod that made it all work. To add cred to his claim to online contributor of the year he put out the single most in depth Hayabusa tutorial ever – which, for a guy who is trying to compete at the highest level takes guts and shows that he cares about the health of the competitive community.

Destruction Bomb
4077.jpg

The Jester
A little levity is a good thing, DB knows that and that’s why he’s on this list. A major video content contributor, lot of the work he puts down is on a tongue and cheek side – A match of Akira beating a player with one move backed up by carnival-esque soundtrack immediately comes to mind. All of that alone would put him on this list but what bolsters his resume is his PS3 exclusive tournament “Cup” series.

There aren’t many people running online tournaments anymore, in fact the only other person on this list who can claim that as a feather in their cap is Master and he’d have to admit that no one is putting up the kind of volume that DB is. Though many would point out that the competition level isn’t extremely high for his tournament rooms they are always fun watches and the presentation of the videos is always top notch.

Mr. Wah
2.jpg

The Boss
Why is Mr. Wah on this list? Without him there would not be any FSD awards. There would not be a forum for us to post on; a place for the hardest of hardcore Dead or Alive enthusiast to call his home. Keeping this website active and bug free, dealing with knuckle head writers (uh herm…), managing the stupid arguments that crop up on a weekly basis, etc.

There isn’t a whole lot to say here because you know what this guy does for us; we see it every single day.

Emperor Cow
341.jpg

The Teacher
There are so many systems and theories that need to be understood before you even scratch the competitive level in Dead or Alive and, once upon a time, explaining how all of these mechanics worked in tandem – at least in a way that didn’t scare the potential prospect into sticking to casual play – was a complicated affair. Thanks to Emperor Cow this is no longer an issue.

Beginning in 2012 and culminating this year in 2013 Cow produced a tutorial series designed to teach the completely uninitiated how to compete in our game and ,as of this writing, there is nothing else quite like it online. In addition he’s done amazing work, in the same format, with individual characters - -his Leon and Eliot videos have personally took my game up a level - - and he’s even branched out into live streaming tutorials (something completely new to the DOA community).

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Thanks alot JR :)
Theres alot more planned for the near future as well so keep on the lookout :)

We need to help this community grow. Thanks to the arcades in japan, this almost guarantees a spot at next years tougeki, which means there might even be a qualifiers. That being said, having an arcade scene will be a major threat to the rest of the world since japan will have a more hardcore training outlet. We need to work together in order to keep up.

Also any instructional videos from any one with experience would be of great value. And would help further bridge the gap between casuals and pros. Its that way with sf and I dont see why we cant do the same here. The more solid we represent the game, the more eyes we get to open.

I would also like to send a personal shoutout to @d3v. Thanks to him my videos got so much more exposure and they got to be seen by DOA and non-DOA players alike.

And if anyone needs advice regarding setting up guides or tutorials pls feel free to contact me and id be glad to help out (as I did with iapprentice's eliot guide) :)

Last edited:

d3v

Thanks @Julius Rage

As I've mentioned before, while I've always been a Capcom/Street Fighter player first and foremost, DOA has always been a guilty pleasure for me. So when I discovered FSD and the community back in 2011, I decided to get back into things and it's been a fruitful relationship ever since. I mean, back then, known FGC people like Keits (my then Editor in Chief at SRK) didn't even know what FSD was. Now it's probably the main site when people come to think about the competitive DOA scene.

That said, if not for the guys here like @EMPEROR_COW , @MASTER , @Mr. Wah and a bunch of others (shoutouts to @BloodBurger and the SoCal DOA crew), I wouldn't have much to write about.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Thank you @Julius Rage

I would also like to give a special thanks to @EMPEROR_COW, @MASTER & @Mr. Wah @Sly Bass @SweetRevenge117 and all the members of the community. Without this site, I wouldn't have been able to meet such great people. I'm somewhat not very good with words to show how serious I am about why I like this community. Everything here has always been great positive feedback. It also allowed me to socialize with new people, warm conversations to very friendly relationships with the members on the site, and I gotta say.........Mr. Wah might as well call this FreeStepFacebook (Or Face Book Dodge as Wah would call it lol.)

I mentioned @Sly Bass already but I definitely want to thank him for providing Akira tips and a guide and allowing me to develop myself into a better Akira player. He deserves credit for helping me.

But above all, I truly appreciate the kindness of this site. I didn't expect myself to be a nominee so when I saw this news I was shocked. My contribution is probably not as popular to go around so I try my best to at least put it up. Most of my videos are for laughs and amusement for the members of the site. But what really made me proud was when I started the tournament cup series. The cups to me was more than just a tournament, it was a social happy gathering of players who truly enjoy the game from the inside and making a happy feeling within the lobby. However I alone don't deserve the solo credit, I would also like to give credit for the people who supported me in the cup and went through it. So once again I thank you all.

@Incognito
@Codemaster92163
@Something-Unique
@tekkin88
@ScattereDreams
@His Reverence
@KingGhidorah
@o_YUE_o
@Blackburry
@RenderingStar
@Brute
@Ael
@LightSonic
@Junglist_Ninja
@KidArk
@Beautiful-Nature
@Tenryuga
@ballr4evr
@Dabluprint4
@Fiend Busa
@RyuxSama

If I missed you, I apologize as this was all at the top of my head lol. But special thanks to them and everybody else that I missed. Thanks guys. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD