Characters The Mirror Match Discussion Thread

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Mirror matches. The matches everyone loves to hate in the FGC. Admittedly, mirror matches are hated on by many because some of us have big egos and we hate being outplayed by our main character that we sink so many hours into. Granted, there are players who are just really good with your main, but then there are others who could possibly beat you because you've been conditioned to play your character a certain way thinking others will play your character the same way. Either way, mirror matches are important discussions that should not be ignored. Sharing ways to fight your own character is good for the entire community, but also, learning what opponents may do with your character can help you to better fight a mirror. We all can't avoid mirror matches, so why not take the time to discuss them? That's what this thread is for, discussing mirror matches.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Mirror matches to me are both fun and scary to play. Although I wouldn't say I'm the best Kasumi and Phase 4 player out there, I'm no pushover either, so when I'm fighting in mirror matches, everything I like about my mains game play wise is suddenly being used against me and it's shocking to say the least. But I also have another factor that helps: I'm aware of my main's weaknesses, so that eases me somewhat. We all know Kasumi is fast, good at rushdown, and has some pretty poisonous combo potential, but she's also unsafe and fairly predictable once you observe her. I've lost a couple of mirror matches because I was being too passive, but once you acknowledge the imperfections and disadvantages of your fighter in a mirror match, it can make all the difference.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD