Salty Ranked Matches

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
True Story.

I played 10 Ranked matches earlier this evening on DOA5 and as you may know, I've been on a losing streak. Yep, I'm on a losing streak. Why? I mean I rarely do Online Matches and spend time doing offline matches. Seriously, lag is a motherfucker, indeed.

Eventually, I am going to pick up bad habits soon if I keep this up. My question is how do you guys deal with salty ranked matches on DOA5?

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to calm down...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
True Story.

I played 10 Ranked matches earlier this evening on DOA5 and as you may know, I've been on a losing streak. Yep, I'm on a losing streak. Why? I mean I rarely do Online Matches and spend time doing offline matches. Seriously, lag is a motherfucker, indeed.

Eventually, I am going to pick up bad habits soon if I keep this up. My question is how do you guys deal with salty ranked matches on DOA5?

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to calm down...
If this were a month ago, I'd be able to give you an answer.

But nowadays, ever since Final Round, a lot of random people online that heard of me now treat me like shit and curse my name every time I enter the room because I did poorly. Be thankful you don't have it that bad.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team

But nowadays, ever since Final Round, a lot of random people online that heard of me now treat me like shit and curse my name every time I enter the room because I did poorly. Be thankful you don't have it that bad.
Funny thing is that someone gave me hatemail for using Christie on ranked.

Raansu

Do what I do, press buttons and not give a damn. It's DoA and its online play. Who cares if you attack out of negative, it works regardless as long as you keep pressing buttons. I literally just troll people in DoA now, especially with Bass. I enjoy spamming 1pp and listening to "S" players complain about his pick up game.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor

that's fucked,get the balls to do what they wont and that's your reward? smh

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
And who went to the tourney?
You go there and play because you are confident in your skills. You played against high skill players in an offline environment and did a good job standing your ground, something they probably will never do in their lifetime. Don't listen to the majority that watches for kicks just to bash on the losers later when they could probably play even worse than anyone at the tournament (online be damned anyway). I'm not expecting to do incredibly well at ECT5 but I'll still show that I am confident enough to make myself known and hopefully become "a high skill player." I consider just about everybody who goes to tourneys and can get into top 25-50% spots of the players there to be high skill because of the competition they have to go through.

Anyway, when on a losing streak (had a really bad one about a week before since I stopped playing ranked games, nobody is ever on the PSN anymore and they always decline matches when I beat them) I usually give myself a max of three to five losses before calling it a night depending on traffic. If the streak continues to the next session, same rule of thumb or tone down who you want to play against. If that fails, jump in lobbies where you don't really have anything to lose. I haven't played ranked/simple matches online in about a month (primarily because of lack of PSN players) but with the lobbies I have been in I've had fun dropping combos and losing to lag because there really isn't much for me to lose and the people Ive played with happened to be from this community.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor

One thing I've learned in my lifetime is that haters gunna hate. You showed up and you competed. They stayed home in their basement like a frightened hermit. Who cares what a stranger is saying about you if it isn't constructive. I bet if you saw them in person they'd keep their mouth shut.

Akumasama

One thing I've learned in my lifetime is that haters gunna hate. You showed up and you competed. They stayed home in their basement like a frightened hermit. Who cares what a stranger is saying about you if it isn't constructive. I bet if you saw them in person they'd keep their mouth shut.
^ This!

Cheer up Awesmic! Or alternatively kick my ass! :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD